Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Hello Everyone,

I am back with a new petition directed towards Verizon's Excessive Data Charges.

As you may remember, the almost 10,000 Verizon customers that signed my prior petitions helped propel Verizon into the 21st century. The first petition was successful in urging Verizon to carry the Treo 600 and the second helped motivate them to offer Bluetooth (albeit in a crippled form).

Now it is time to get them to lower charges for data. As you know, they have the highest data fees of all carriers in the US - $25 for a measly 5 mb and $45 for unlimited (compare with Sprint $15 unlimited). More so, they have been deceptive in discontinuing NA MOU.

WE NEED TO LET THEM KNOW WE WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS! Sitting around letting them do what they want will only embolden them. Poor phone selection, long (unfruitful) phone test times, overly secretive corporate environment, crippled bluetooth, the list goes on!

Please sign the petition and go on record against their ridiculous high charges. Here is the link:

http://www.petitiononline.com/vzwdata/petition.html

Remember, this may be the most effective way to let Verizon know your opinion on this matter. If we get enough people to sign, others will notice and the petition will get more news coverage or other publicity.

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION AND LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD!

Please do not flame me for this petition. If you don't agree with the petition, don't sign it and move on to other topics of interest.

(PS: Moderator - please feel free to move if you do not think this is the proper forum for this post)
    Quote Originally Posted by varipapa
    As you may remember, the almost 10,000 Verizon customers that signed my prior petitions helped propel Verizon into the 21st century. The first petition was successful in urging Verizon to carry the Treo 600 and the second helped motivate them to offer Bluetooth (albeit in a crippled form).
    I certainly share your sentiments towards Verizon's data plans, but I don't think an online petition made much (if any at all) difference in either Verizon's decision to offer these phones, or their release dates. Contracts were in the works before the products were offered by any carrier whatsoever. This is especially true with Motorola, who design phones around specifications given to them by Verizon and other carriers.

They pay lip service when questioned about products and services, but stick to their own schedule. The 600 and 710 would have been released (probably at the same time) with or without an online petition.
    I'm a former "Verizoner" because of their data plan prices and their latency in introducing new hot products. Now that I tried Sprint with the T650 I'm thinking they should be more like Verizon in terms of caution with new products. But I applaud their $15 vision plan.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Verizon doesn't do much better than Sprint in terms of buggy handsets. Look at the Motorola 720 (worse than anything on Sprint). The Moto V710 has also been fraught with problems.

Verizon has a Russian-style bureacracy that just takes forever. They are more interested in giving customers what they think is best (rather than what the Customer wants).

PS: Please remember to sign the Petition ---

http://www.petitiononline.com/vzwdata/petition.html
    About the buggy handset issue. I have the crappy T720. I think it goes like this:

Whatever phone is supposed to be proprietary to a company for a while, comes out with bugs no matter what.

I am gonna Verizonify my 650. But if I get unhappy, I'll flash the firmware backk to Sprint and call Sprint to hook me up.

I, too, am sick of Verizon's prices!