1. GIR
    I use my Treo for fairly long conference calls and it's allways dropping out on me. I've got three bars of signal in my home office, and I usually just leave it on my desk with the speakerphone on, and don't move it for the duration of the call. Never fail, after a while the call will go silent and my Treo will beep at me to announce it's dropped my call again. It doesn't only happen in my office, I had it happen twice in a week making calls from my car. I wasn't moving, car wasn't even running, just had the phone propped up on my dash with the speakerphone on. Was in two different locations, both with plenty of signal indicated on the screen, and both times my Treo decided to drop the call as usual. Not to mention every so often when I try to answer an incomming call the Treo decides to reset itself.

Verizon's already replaced it under warranty, twice. All of them seem to have the same problem. I've tried without any apps installed, and have the same problem. I'm starting to think the radio in the Treo just sucks in comparison to my old LG VX6000. Anyone have any hints before I have Verizon just send me a Moto v710 to replace the Treo? I still love the idea of the Treo, I'm just sick of having an unreliable phone. I need a device I can count on working, not be at the mercy of a phone which will work or not depending on it's "mood"
    Peter - "oh my god, its better then i tought, an audi, im getting a car!"
    Brian - "uh peter. theres a 't' there, that says audit"
    Peter - "no brian, its a foriegn car, the 't' is silent, SWEET, im getting an audi"
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    im on my 4th treo 600. from my experience the radio is crap compared to a normal cell. They really need to do a better job with the quality of the products they release. Now with that said I am a treo fan but palm needs to step up or it will be losings its supporters to treo-like clones.
    have other people experienced problems like this?
    personally, i have had serious issues with the LG VX6000, GIR, most notably with its antenna strength. people with verizon phones get service where i don't...
    this would suck if the 600 is like this... but, more importantly, is the 650 like this?
  4. GIR
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydon34
    im on my 4th treo 600. from my experience the radio is crap compared to a normal cell. They really need to do a better job with the quality of the products they release. Now with that said I am a treo fan but palm needs to step up or it will be losings its supporters to treo-like clones.
    3 was more than enough for me. They were supposed to replace mine with a brand new one this time, but I've convinced them to just send me a v710 with the mobile office kit instead. I'll miss some things about the Treo, but just the fact that it dropped two calls on me today for no reason really sealed the deal for me.
    Peter - "no brian, its a foriegn car, the 't' is silent, SWEET, im getting an audi"
    @ GIR - are you getting PDA to connect via BT to the V710? If so, which one?

Why didn't you try Audiovox 6600?
  6. GIR
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl
    @ GIR - are you getting PDA to connect via BT to the V710? If so, which one?

Why didn't you try Audiovox 6600?
    Nah, I just want BT so I can use my Jabra Freespeak... As for the 6600, it looks kind of cool, but I think I'm done with trying to have a PDA and phone in one device. I know there are some complaints about the Moto having limited BT, but otherwise every Moto I've owned has been an excellent phone, which is what I need most.
    Actually I've had the most problems with Motos. Startac had bad battery design where the battery would come loose. v60 had problems with power connector (had to use a rubber band to hold connector so it would power up) and antennas breaking. Not sure why they don't hire some real mechical/electrical engineers.
    Their repair support is pretty poor as well. They have a whole dept working on broken antennas and a special mail address. On the web it says 3 days but it's actually 3 weeks to get the phone back.
  8. GIR
    Quote Originally Posted by scotttreo
    Actually I've had the most problems with Motos. Startac had bad battery design where the battery would come loose. v60 had problems with power connector (had to use a rubber band to hold connector so it would power up) and antennas breaking. Not sure why they don't hire some real mechical/electrical engineers.
    Their repair support is pretty poor as well. They have a whole dept working on broken antennas and a special mail address. On the web it says 3 days but it's actually 3 weeks to get the phone back.
    The Startac had a bad battery design, but the phone couldn't be killed. I lost mine at about 120mph during a "spirited" ride on my bike. A friend watched it fly from my pocket, hit the front of a car, phone going one way, battery another. He retrieved it for me, and it worked like a champ even after the highspeed impact. I had a v60 too, and yeah it broke antennas frequently but the phone was dependable. Never had a problem with the power connector, but I agree it sucks. As far as repair problems, everything goes thru Verizon AFIK and they've been pretty good. Never been without my phone for an extended period since dealing with them.