Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Simply use another Sprint number.
    Well I moved my wives number upto the #1 postion and the "VoiceMail" to the #2. Moved the preset "Voice Mail" to the end of the list. Now she shows up during phone calls.

Attach photo of smokin hot wife.
    Have to wait till I get home

Hey LEET you know anything about HotSync issues or Documents-to-Go?
    Nik<hr>M100 --->M125 --->M500 --->Treo300 --->Sprint-Treo600 --->Sprint-Treo650
    <hr>
    Rom 8:31 <'><
    <marquee bgcolor=red width=150 height=5>
    1 in 150 babies born today will have some form of Autism
    </marquee>
    Unlocking Autism Mission Trips to Honduras My Space
    Just checked my minutes after checking voicemail: old way - got charged airtime, new way - no airtime charges (did this twice to make sure).

BTW, found out by accident. You don't need the comma (, = pause) in the extra digits. If the other PCS phone's voicemail greeting is very short, e.g. "Hi," you get connected to his voicemail and it records your extra digits, hehe. My son is probably wondering wasup with his senile old man. I took out the pause and it went through just fine.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    It worked well for me without the comma as well.

Now I need someone to teach me how to do it on Cingular and Verizon
    Ingenious! However, it only partially works for me. The "11" code gets me to the general voicemail of the person who I call, but the rest of the sequence doesn't seem to dial on my 650. I can still get free VM by manually dialing **and my number and password.
  5.    #25  
    Well I moved my wives number upto the #1 postion and the "VoiceMail" to the #2. Moved the preset "Voice Mail" to the end of the list. Now she shows up during phone calls.
    Didn't know you could do such a thing. I had the same problem, too, until I used a complete stranger's ph #.

Hey LEET you know anything about HotSync issues or Documents-to-Go?
    Sorry, never use it.

You don't need the comma (, = pause) in the extra digits
    I've found that sometimes you do. Due to lag and/or dropped packets, it's sometimes even necessary for more than one comma.

I'm guessing it isn't possible, but who knows?!

NJK
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    This is related to this thread- I don't know if it is common knowledge or not but you can dial your voicemail from a landline using (your_area_code) Your Prefix-MAIL(3245). For me, that is 520-977-MAIL. Anyway, that's another way to check your voice mail for free if you are near a land line.

Jason
  7.    #27  
    The M-A-I-L hack stopped working for me a few months ago.
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theleetbeagle
    The M-A-I-L hack stopped working for me a few months ago.
    Hmm, still works here. Maybe they haven't maxed out the 977 prefix yet. Maybe there are other Sprint prefixes in your area that will work.

Jason
    SWEEEEEEEEEEEET! VERY good tip!!!!
    nice. how do I get this working for tmobile? I already got tmo to tmo. what's the dialL
    I use this free voicemail on Sprint when I remember.

I just did a few test calls while in free voicemail, used option 8 to dial other calls to LD landline numbers. Calls went through fine. Call log does not show the numbers called, only the free voicemail #.

I'll check the detailed statement when it comes out.

One thing: You have to use the kybd or dialpad to make the call from within free voicemail, Can't cut and paste from phone book. Which is kind of a pain. If you find otherwise, let me know.
    tx for the repost! Good info!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    just tried the free voicemail on Sprint and it seems to have stopped working for me. I got a recorded message " the number or code you dialed is incorrect blah blah blah"

Can you try it and report back?
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    just tried the free voicemail on Sprint and it seems to have stopped working for me. I got a recorded message " the number or code you dialed is incorrect blah blah blah"

Can you try it and report back?
    Seems to work ok here (817-706 - xxxx)

Hey I got a big 1 (00)

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Still works in the SF bay area.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I was outside of my local calling area (203) when it didn't work. Within (203) I can get free vm and redirect calls, which is great! I wonder why Sprint put the redirect call feature in VM? Anyone knows?

I swear it used to work outside my local calling area. Can you check if this is the case?
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    It worked well for me without the comma as well.

Yeah, Cingular, what he said - anyone?
    David
    I received free PCS to PCS for signing a 2-year agreement. If I didn't plan on staying with Sprint after that, I'd be PISSED to find out they were giving it away for free now!!!
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    Quote Originally Posted by theleetbeagle
    It DOES appear that u can make phone calls for free by using the above-mentioned "phreak." Select "8" when in your voicemail box; works 50/50. Wonder what my statement will say!!.
    -Nick.
    I don't have Sprint, but was wondering two things. First, if you use this "select 8" option while actually getting your VM from another person's number, wouldn't they be charged the minutes for that call? Also, don't you have to know that the other person isn't going to answer their phone or does the "11" cause it to go straight to VM? Wanting to know because my daughter and brother have Sprint and was going to tell them about it.
    11 takes you directly to VM without ringing the persons phone.

The minutes are NOT charged to the person you call as it is initiated from YOUR VM.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast