Ok, so i've uncovered an interesting loophole in the insurance coverage that (hopefully) most of us have- and this loophole sucks...
I had a user who was entitled to a treo at work- he currently had a regular phone- so i went and ordered him a treo 650. It came in and somehow between when it was signed for (not by me) and when i was ready to activate it for him, it "walked". it's unclear if it was really stolen, or misplaced or accidentally thrown out by the cleaners... anyway the point is there's a $600 phone missing. i call lock/line and explain the situation and the rep said, well we can send you a new Samsung A460. so i explained to them that a treo 650 was stolen (2nd time) not the a460 and that i needed a treo 650 replacement. they said that they had an a460 on file and couldn't do anything if the phone wasn't activated yet when it was stolen... i think that is such bull!
thankfully i was able to call customer service and retrieve the ESN of the phone that was sent out and subsequently lost so that my business rep could try to do something about it... right now it's a 50/50 chance we'll have to eat the price of that phone...
So a word of warning- if you get a warranty replacement, try to do it at a store or have it activated before shipping and deal without a phone for a day...