Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefsalami
    I'm with you there... coverage has not really been much of an issue with me, because I tend to be in areas where it's about the same for SPCS vs. VZW. However, for those instances where I would happen to need the added coverage, such as rural areas, VZW obviously has SPCS beat. But both the plans and phone selection from both **** me off, moreso VZW at this point. That is why I am "Verizifying" a Treo 650 to satisfy my needs right now. Hopefully they get off their high horse and start releasing more phones.

This "testing" doesn't do any good when by the time the phone passes, no one wants it because there is something better out there. Months and months just can't cut it.
    chiefsalami, VZW's rural coverage generally tends to be analog, which the Treo 650 doesn't support anyway. Sprint roams on Verizon's digital networks. I moved from Verizon to Sprint and have not been looking back (except, maybe when I get into an elevator or building and drop a call--Sprint roams on Verizon's digital network but can't jump over to it in the middle of a call!)
    Are you all just making up these new versions 650e or 680? Where is this coming from? There was so much talk about the Treo Ace...now the 650. Is this ligit or just wishful thinking?
    also, we've got a lot of rumors floating around on this thread. anybody want to hazard a date that some of these things might happen? WHEN WILL A WORKING TREO 650/650e/680/1,000,000 BE COMING TO THIS EARTH?
    Quote Originally Posted by mattkopko
    also, we've got a lot of rumors floating around on this thread. anybody want to hazard a date that some of these things might happen? WHEN WILL A WORKING TREO 650/650e/680/1,000,000 BE COMING TO THIS EARTH?
    I'd say Monday would be the date we see such a thing

1-24-2005
    Quote Originally Posted by davetheone
    I too heard from a reputable source at vzw that the verizon treo 650E and 680 (rumored models for verizon) will fully support EVDO.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123