1.    #1  
    Sprint
    Vision $15/month unlimited data and messaging
    Roam $5 (unlimited? on Verizon)
    Total $20/month ($15 for some corporate customers)

Plus, you can DUN from PC/laptop with no extra charge.

Verizon
    Data $49.99 unlimited data
    Messaging $19.99 2500 messages
    $70/month

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...Sort&catId=329

Correct me if I'm wrong but why go Verizon for the supposed greater coverage if when on Sprint you can use Verizon's network for a fraction of the cost? Or do I not understand that correctly? Sprint data service also works extremely well with only one bar.

Also, Sprint doesn't care how you use their data as they behave like on open ISP. Verizon nickel and dimes you for this and that and tries to sell you specialty services.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    The Roam is only good up to 50% of your Sprint minutes and data does not work while you are roaming on verizon. But other than that it works great. My work is in Sprint coverage but home is much better on Verizon. Actually north side of house is Sprint (barely) and south side is excellent Verizon. I simply go south when wanting to make a voice call and north to get data. I guess that why it is call mobile.
    lol... tooooo funny.
    reminds me of that ladys house is half in US & half in canada....
  4.    #4  
    Actually 50% roam of total minutes is pretty good considering Sprint coverage is mostly good, especially in metros. The chances of 50% of calls roaming are pretty slim. I've never roamed in the city but have a tidbit in rural areas when not near an Interstate. You would also be able to use it on NYC subways as Verizon is apparently getting ready to roll that out. Sprint customers will apparently be able to use it for 5 bucks a month.

Sprint data also works well with only 1 bar. I was in swamplands of Florida, not near an Interstate, with only one bar signal and was still doing voice and data.

Why go Verizon and pay $70/month vs $20/month for Sprint?

Does anyone else use Sprint $5 roaming on Verizon? What is your experience?
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    Why go Verizon and pay $70/month vs $20/month for Sprint?
    I need voice AND data coverage but I pay $50/month (minus 21% corporate discount). I also use about 2000 minutes In-Network calling per month which saves even more. I also DUN with my laptop.

$45.00 - unlimited data (if you have a voice plan over $30)
    $5 - 500 messages (more than enough for me)

If you are pinching pennies and don't have a lot of VZW contacts, Sprint is definitely the way to go.
  6.    #6  
    Well even $50/month Verizon vs. $20/month Sprint is pretty significant over a year. Even if your business is paying for it.

I've read that Verizon's coverage maps include other CDMA carriers for roaming because Verizon does not charge for roaming. True? If so, I wonder what Verizon's true stand-alone coverage is vs. Sprint. If Sprint included the smae, the coverage would obviously look identical.

I have only roamed a couple times in rural areas off major highways. I assume that if you are on Sprint and have a call roaming on Verizon while driving, it would stay on Verizon towers for the duration of the call even if it sees a stronger Sprint tower down the road?
    Actually 50% roam of total minutes is pretty good considering Sprint coverage is mostly good, especially in metros.

Be careful here. Sprint's roaming plan is NOT 50% of your plan minutes. It's 50% of the minutes you actually USE on Sprint.

So if you have a 1000 minute per month plan, but only use 200 minutes on Sprint's network in a particular month, you only get 100 roaming minutes included in the $5 plan. It can still be a good deal, but if you're going to be spending a lot of time in an area without Sprint service you need to watch your usage.

One question I have that I've not seen an answer to: Exactly what minutes does Sprint include when counting how many you use? Is it only prime time plan minutes, or does it include free night and weekend minutes and free Sprint to Sprint minutes? The vast majority of my calls are fall into one of those two categories, so if the roaming plan is 50% of prime time plan minutes, it wouldn't do me much good at all.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Well even $50/month Verizon vs. $20/month Sprint is pretty significant over a year. Even if your business is paying for it.
    Yeah, it would be but the 2000 minutes I use in-Network more than compensates. Of course that would change if my contacts changed carriers.