dis-service to your customers by not having that available in a timely
    manner. A similar new upgraded phone is also available for the
    Blackberry, and again, who know when you will make that available. As
    I've said, the new features from the Treo 600 to the new upgraded 650,
    really make the 600 an inferior product in every way, yet because of
    some policy Verizon is making, I cannot purchase the upgrade. Currently
    Sprint (as listed on their web site) is offering both the Palm Treo 600
    & 650. I think Verizion can do better, and stay on the cutting edge by
    making new products available to their customers in a timely fashion.

RESPONSE

Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless through our website.

We appreciate your interest in the latest technology in wireless phones, and we are happy to assist you.

Verizon Wireless is constantly improving the services, features, and wireless phones we offer to our customers for their communication needs.

At present, there are several wireless phones being tested for functionality and reliability with our network. Verizon Wireless will not offer a product or service unless it meets the high standards our customers have come to expect. Currently, we are unable to provide information regarding which equipment is being considered or approximate release dates, as this may raise expectations that may not be met.

Although we do not have the handset you are looking for at this time, we invite you to view our current phone selection for a possible alternative. To view available equipment, please click on the "Products" tab at the top of our www.verizonwireless.com homepage, and then chose "Phones" from the drop down menu.

Additionally, if you would like to receive e-mail updates regarding new products and services, please click on "E-mail Updates" from the "Support" tab located at the top of our www.verizonwireless.com homepage.

Please remember, as part of our Worry Free Guarantee you will enjoy America's best, most reliable wireless network. Feel free to contact us again through www.verizonwireless.com if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Chris
    Verizon Wireless
    Customer Service
    such a form-generated response
    I'm not surprised. Back in mid-December, I E-mailed them with the same inquiry and I received the identical response. I have just about given up hope with Verizon. While I don't think the 600 is truly obsolete, I think it would be silly for me (I have another year left on my VZW contract) or anyone else to buy the 600 outright when the superior model is available from other carriers. The Sprint "exclusive" ends the end of January, so they are out of excuses. Dan, I am as frustrated as you are!
    and it all started with a SHARP Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by dancremeans

RESPONSE

At present, there are several wireless phones being tested for functionality and reliability with our network. Verizon Wireless will not offer a product or service unless it meets the high standards our customers have come to expect. Currently, we are unable to provide information regarding which equipment is being considered or approximate release dates, as this may raise expectations that may not be met.
    Hey, can you tell them that the members of TreoCentral have already tested the t650 on Verizon networks, and it's okay?

Now you can release the friggin' phone to your customers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi
    Hey, can you tell them that the members of TreoCentral have already tested the t650 on Verizon networks, and it's okay?
    HYSTERICAL!
    and it all started with a SHARP Wizard
    That looks like the same response I got in Dec. 2003 regarding the release time for the 600.

The most important question is ... not how they responded, but does the extra work and research provide a better phone to the consumer?
    I can't remember the specifics, but it seems like there were a number of problems that were in the Sprint CDMA phones that did not show up in the Verizon CDMA phones. Wasn't there a Sprint patch that came out just before the Verizon release? That patch fixed problems that did not show up in the Verizon version.

Did Verizon take a phone uunchanged from PalmOne? or did PalmOne make some changes to make the phone more stable for Verizon?
    Curt
    Curt

StarTAC ST7868W w/ Motorola StarTAC Clipon Organizer; Treo 600; Treo 700P; Palm Pre Plus all on Verizon