Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Time to check back in:

The situation has muddied a little. I got a call from the shipping department today saying that I needed to ship my current phone to them, and then after a few weeks of "processing", they would ship out the replacement to me. This was baffling at first, but it turns out the shipping rep said they didn't apply a credit to my account so that they could ship the phone, which you figure would have been standard procedure. They said I should call a CSR back and request this credit, and then they will ship the new phone. So I called back, and the CSR said that she saw the order request for the new phone, but no "notations" from the supervisor who made the order. She then proceeded to say that they would have to "investigate" the account notations to try to find the supervisor who originally made the order for a replacement. This process supposedly takes 72 hours, and that I would need to call back Monday to see if the credit was applied. I can't quite understand why I need to be the one to call back, and not the other way around.

Oh why didn't I write the supervisor's name down!?

I guess regardless of me calling, they might just apply the credit and the phone will get shipped without my interaction, but I have a feeling I might have to convince another suprevisor to make this transaction again. Boy, won't that be fun!

Here's to hoping I don't need to make that phone call.
    Scratch it all....I doubt it's gonna happen. Shipping dept called me and said I needed a credit applied to my account. SO I call back CSR's, and they all question the whole thing, saying that that supervisor never put a credit in for the phone purchase, just the order for the phone. I've been through 3 more "super"visors since then, and no luck. "Sir, all I can offer you is $150 of the purchase of the new..blah blah blah". Or, "Sir, I will not give you 600 dollars." Bunch of frickin idiots. I bet I have all sorts of flags on my account now, so I doubt this ideal situation is going to happen as it was initially laid out. I am not done fighting yet though. If they never offered it in the first place, I wouldn't be this mad. I would have just figured it wasn't my lucky day. But standing that they offered me the phone, and are now denying me, makes me SO angry. It's like winning the lottery, than being told they don't have the money to cover it.

Curse words are not strong enough.
    I am on hold with cust. solutions now. They evidently no longer have 600s with cameras so they will replace a 600 w/ camera with a 650 w/ camera for $50. I'm trying to get them to give it to me for no cost.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gillum
    I am on hold with cust. solutions now. They evidently no longer have 600s with cameras so they will replace a 600 w/ camera with a 650 w/ camera for $50. I'm trying to get them to give it to me for no cost.
    Dont give up.. Make sure you let them know that both are listed for same price on website
    Well, Im officially verizoned with a XV6600. Big Screen is nice but will take alot of getting used to. Miss my palm (no jokes please )
    So now I have a brand new refurbished (is that a contridiction?) Treo 600, unactivated waiting to be bought by some lucky person.
    I was offered this initially as well. MAKE SURE that you get them to credit your account monetarily for the "warranty replacement", otherwise you may get screwed like I am getting screwed currently.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Make sure you keep tracking info when you mail back your old Treo(s). This way they cannot claim anything against you. I had them attempt this once and it back fired on them. Thankfully I had the tracking info. keep that in mind
    Care to share if/and what any deal you brokered with Sprint? I have been totally unsucessful so far, but I keep praying that someone out there will apply a dumb credit so I can get the replacement phone. Every call I make, I speak to a new *****. So far, I have spoken to 1 intelligent person in 7 calls. That's not a good ratio.
    No deal. I had to call three times because, as you guys are aware, most of the reps are morons. I finally got a very helpful rep who told me they no longer have any T600s with cameras to send out for replacement (I'm not sure if they'll get more in and will thus be able to refurb and send out T600s in the future). She offered me a T650 with camera for $50 as that is the current difference in price between the two as listed on their website. I questioned why I should pay $50 just because they don't have an appropriate replacement. She agreed and said she'd upgrade me to a 650. I was on hold numerous times during this procedure as she checked with others, I guess her supervisor. She then came back on and said they didn't currently have any T650s to send out but she would make notes on my account that I'm due a 650. I called back this morning and a rep confirmed the notes and then checked the availability of 650s. She said they would be in tomorrow and for me to call back and a rep would make the arrangement to ship based on the note in my account. I'll let you know how it turns out.
    I would be more than happy to upgrade my 600 for $50 bucks. Good luck with this one. I'm still waiting for my "warranty exchange" 650, but I don't think it's gonna happen.
    I called in 5x this AM; each time I was told that warranty replacements are handled through the story. One told me she was transferring me off to "equipment replacement" which turned out to be LockLine. ARGH!!!!!
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smantl01
    I called in 5x this AM; each time I was told that warranty replacements are handled through the story. One told me she was transferring me off to "equipment replacement" which turned out to be LockLine. ARGH!!!!!
    Basically you need to tell them that you already went by the store and since they were so busy they couldnt swap it out there. That to call and have them mail an RMA kit (also called bubble kit). This will include the replacement phone (T650) and a return kit. Let them know your fed up with how bad the T600 is and that you want it replaced with a T650 since these problems dont exists with that model.
    I have been FIGHTING with SPRINT for 3 days now. I have my 2nd refurb 600 and it keeps locking up. Only way out is to soft reset. I finally got them to replace my refurb with a NEW 600 but I really wanted the 650. Any suggestions? What type of chance to I have to exchange my new 600 with a 650?
    Semper Fi
    If you want a free IPod click Free IPod

Update on my situation: Called Sprint 3x this morning. First time "the database was down", second time rep gave me an 888 number for the "warehouse" to check current stock of 650s and the number turned out to be the regular phone tree Sprint number (what idiots) but the 3rd time was the charm. Rep verified the note in my account and ordered me a 650. He stated I would get a return pack for the 600. I did have to prepay the 650 which I expected. The only problem (thus far) is that I'll only get a credit for $549 for the 600 whereas I'm being charged $599 for the 650. I really don't mind paying $50 but I was told it would be a no cost upgrade. Rep told me to call back after I get the phone and reference the note in my account. Rep stated that they would honor what the first rep told me. We will see.

I ordered a new boxwave screen protector and directsync charger and synch cable from Boxwave. The cable is USB so I'm planning on using the AC and cigarette adapter from my 600 usb charger... will that work? It appears to be the same voltage.
    Quote Originally Posted by damigs
    Basically you need to tell them that you already went by the store and since they were so busy they couldnt swap it out there. That to call and have them mail an RMA kit (also called bubble kit). This will include the replacement phone (T650) and a return kit. Let them know your fed up with how bad the T600 is and that you want it replaced with a T650 since these problems dont exists with that model.
    I am curious Damigs, what do you think of your T650? I mean, new features aside, how does it compare in terms of stability, call quality, build quality, etc? I mean, does it really improve upon your T600 experience? I have really enjoyed my 600...hands down it has been a fantastic device. I had the first one for a year (original Handspring branded unit), before I started having some lock up issues. Now I'm on my second PalmOne refurb replacement, and I'm ready to bring this one in too. Of course, I am trying to get it upgraded, but that hasn't been going so well. We say we want to upgrade to this "more stable" platform, but is it really "more stable"?
    I ordered a new boxwave screen protector and directsync charger and synch cable from Boxwave. The cable is USB so I'm planning on using the AC and cigarette adapter from my 600 usb charger... will that work? It appears to be the same voltage.
    So gillum, did you have to give them a credit card to get the exchange sent your way? I was told that I needed to pay for my replacement as well, but every time I said, "OK, do I give you a credit card number" the rep would just tell me again that I needed to pay for the replacement. After several repeats of this same phrase, he finally came back and said that he could give me a free phone and that was all. Of course by "free phone" he meant the standard $150 off a new phone thingy. I am trying to figure out how I need to talk to the rep the next time I call. If I should just call and say "I was told by the shipping depot I needed to call in and pay for the replacement phone/RMA kit up front, so how do I do this?" or something else. I am trying to find the magic words to get the job done.

Also, I purchased a bluetooth headset practically the same day I was told a T650 was on my way, and now I'm wondering if I will actually get to use the thing! I hope that your accessory purchase is not in vain
    Last edited by zoomer777; 02/03/2005 at 10:08 AM.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomer777
    I am curious Damigs, what do you think of your T650? I mean, new features aside, how does it compare in terms of stability, call quality, build quality, etc? I mean, does it really improve upon your T600 experience? I have really enjoyed my 600...hands down it has been a fantastic device. I had the first one for a year (original Handspring branded unit), before I started having some lock up issues. Now I'm on my second PalmOne refurb replacement, and I'm ready to bring this one in too. Of course, I am trying to get it upgraded, but that hasn't been going so well. We say we want to upgrade to this "more stable" platform, but is it really "more stable"?
    Hey Zoom....

Between the two obviously the T650 is my choice. For me the fact of having HiRes display, removable battery, improved camera, BT and easier to type keyboard has got me hooked. Now as far as being more stable I would have to say its the same. Some apps have a tuff time with the NVFS of the new T650 also the memory issue is another headache. I have been a treo fan since the 300 first came out and wouldnt change to anything else. I support many users in my company and when I see an older T600 I kinda cringe and wonder how I ever had one now tham im somewhat spoiled with the new features. As for issues that dont exists on the new T650 are kinda minor. I hated the fact that T600 was sluggish and for anything would hiccup. I also hated the sticker in the back that constantly wanted to peal back. The fact that for anything that touches the display would cause a white dot.. So annoying.
    It's been really interesting reading all your posts. I didn't get my 650 through replacement (this is my first Treo), but Sprint did screw up my plan and I was offered free PCS-to-PCS for my troubles. Of course, I wanted a record of who I spoke to and when, and exactly what they said. I use an app called Natara DayNotez to keep up with stuff like this...it has really saved my **** in several situations. It's so nice to be able to say to a rep "Well, on December 11, around 2pm Eastern, I spoke to Greg, and he said...."

There is a desktop companion too. You might want to check it out if you like to play the CSR game like I do.

-Sabrina
    I've been following this thread since my original Treo 600 actually broke (< 1 year). Like all of you, I've experience a bunch of these random problems and such, which has been the basis for my compalint to SprintPCS. Frankly, I don't care if they give me a 600 or 650; just fix the damn bugs and be done with it. Sure, I'd love the 650 if I can get it, but I want a stable phone more than anything else.

Here's what I don't get. I have a REPEATABLE problem with the Treo600 that I can showcase to anyone who wants to see it. It involves a sequence of actions using the camera to take/share a photo directly to the flash card. I don't want to elevate this issue above the others, but it's the only one I can show somebody on-demand in a store. This caused my original Treo600 to reset 90% of the time, and the same thing happens with the refurbished one I just got last week as a replacement.

Here's the kicker; I stopped by the local store to inquire about the problem, to which they were simply clueless. The ran around the store, tried doing this on every other Treo600 they had there, and the same thing happenened. They tried it with a new Treo650; no problems whatsoever. What do you think they decided to do about it? Order ANOTHER replacement Treo600 for me and state "maybe it won't happen with a newer one". I nearly lost it.

Thought I'd share my experience.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I totally agree. The T600's sprint is sending as "replacement" phones arent any better than those out of a box brand new. I have pushed my T650 to the limits and at times it does reboot often and when scaling back some of the apps it goes without a reboot for days sometimes weeks. I love my T650 and truely hope all who have had issues with T600's would eventually make the jump, whether thru warranty replacement or upgrading.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast