Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by silverr1
    Just got done with my call and confirmed that a brand new 650 is being shipped out to me. This is great I never thought that this would work. Is there a way to synce all the info from my 600 to the 650?
    You'll need to backup old hotsync and totally remove palm desktop as new T650 has a newer one. Once new desktop is installed and hotsync'd you will need to manually go thru old backup folder to reinstall apps. i did mine this way and so far so good.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverr1
    Just got done with my call and confirmed that a brand new 650 is being shipped out to me. This is great I never thought that this would work. Is there a way to synce all the info from my 600 to the 650?
    Was there something actually wrong with your 600, or did you just talk them into sending you a new phone? I wish I could do this, but all of a sudden my 600 works perfect (lol).
    Every once and a while I would loose a call so I told them it was too excessive.
    Well, I do get a lot of dropped calls, but being that they replaced my first 600 with a new one instead of a refurb they may not be so generous with me.
    Thanks everyone for the advice. After reaching my 4th representative I now have a 650 on the way.
    Not working here. Ive been throught a CSR --> Lockline-->lockline Manager -->CSR --> CSR Supervisor--->Disconnected (I asked to talk to their manager and he put me back to the begining message)
    Called back --->CSR they did nothing and I had to hang up. Had a meeting. was on the phone for 2 hours.
    The only thing I got was another refurb sent, and option to get $150 back on a new phone. And lockLine said that they are bound by "their Legal agreement" to send us whatever they want.
    So now Im on the phone again with atleast two CSRs.
    and being transfered to the business dept.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    jdk2man

The last thing you should do is speak with Lockline. All they will do is replace your phone and charge you the deductible. This is usefull if you have lost or totally damaged your treo. I suggest you call 888 788 4727 and ask for a Customer Solutions Rep. Let them replace your phone under warranty as mentioned in an earlier post. Dont give up and good luck
    After talking to my 3rd manager, they said they would wave the termination fee to find better service. But that was all they could do. I asked about upgrading my phone to a 650 which they agreed fixed alot of issues. He said they couldnt do anything with out taking money and that I need to talk to the local store. He did put on the notes that I need to talk to a manager at the store to help push things along.
    Actually since they are waving the fee I may just go with Verizon and the XV6600. I travel alot to North Dakota in a rural area where sprint is roaming on verizon. would be nice to have data access up there.
    So I may just sell my replacement on ebay. and buy the audiovox.
    Wish they would just give me the dang phone!!!!
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdk2man
    After talking to my 3rd manager, they said they would wave the termination fee to find better service. But that was all they could do. I asked about upgrading my phone to a 650 which they agreed fixed alot of issues. He said they couldnt do anything with out taking money and that I need to talk to the local store. He did put on the notes that I need to talk to a manager at the store to help push things along.
    Actually since they are waving the fee I may just go with Verizon and the XV6600. I travel alot to North Dakota in a rural area where sprint is roaming on verizon. would be nice to have data access up there.
    So I may just sell my replacement on ebay. and buy the audiovox.
    Wish they would just give me the dang phone!!!!
    Man thats not good.. I truely feel its who you get when you call. Unfortunately they flagged your account so now you need to talk to a manager. I would be pretty uptight when I speak to manager. Since you see Verizon as being a better contender for when you travel etc I would say take sprint up on the offer and waive termination fees.
    Yeah, it doesn't look good. I went right to a Sprint store, I never dealt with anyone over the phone. I find you can sometimes get better results when you're talking to someone face to face. So go, get your 600 tested to show that it's failing, and just shoot straight with the manager. See what he or she can do for you.
    Bottom line is you have to keep calling back until someone will help you. This is the tried & true method for getting anything you want from Sprint. They alway say "This is not policy, we cannot do that, my manager will tell you the same". Well this is all B.S. I had around 12 Treo 300 replacements under warranty & around 12 Treo 600 replacements. I paid full price for the Treo 300 & gotten free Treo 600 AND 650. When I tried to upgrade to the 600 for free I went through months of run around. I called retention, managers stores etc. FINALLY I got ahold the "executive services" dept. She was compassionate & said as soon as a Treo 600 came is as a return, she would swnd it to me. At the same time my friend who was a manager at my Sprint Store said as soon as he got Treo 600 eefurbs in, he would allow me to upgrade for free. But only my friend at the store asked me to return my old one. I actually got TWO Treo 600 for free! Then after the Treo 600 debacle I called Sprint again before they released the 650 but noone would agree to let me upgrade to it. So I called "executive services" again & this woman said well let's wait until they are relaeased & maybe we can work something out. I was edpecting a discount or having to wait until there are 650 refurbs. But the day the Treo 650 was released she sent a brand new Treo 650 out & I got it the next day- for free! Basically the more replacements you've had under warranty, the better chance you have of getting a free upgrade. There's a chain of command you need to go through if someone can't help you. There'sa a CSR-team lead-retention-executive services. Start at the bottom & work your way up until you get what you want. just keep calling back until you achieve your results!!!
    I got my 650 for free and only went through 2 Treo replacements within about 2 months. It really does depend on who you talk to, they offered it to me the first time I called after the 2nd replacement without any hassle at all.

I dunno, I always call at night, like 10pm or later and I always get the nicest people willing to help me in any way... Maybe because its less busy and they are in a better mood? I would say try calling back after prime business hours when they have 50-million people calling and they are being pressured to answer as many calls as they can. When you have someone who is able to be patient and look over your account maybe you may get success. Good luck and keep us posted.

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    I had two hours to kill yesterday and decided to try an attempt on Sprint to get a free 650.

Went through six people:

CSR > Tech Support > Rention > Retention Manager > CSR > TeleSales

...before being switched back to the beginning message.

So after 55 minutes of "we simply do not have the authority to do this" my acct has been flagged to talk to an in-store manager.

We'll see...

NJK
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
    Further, this is completely contradictory of previous calls where I've received new 600's in the mail.

I guess I'll just keep trying!

NJK
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
  15. joe
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Got my 650 in the mail yesterday, along with a return package for my 600 with no mic. if my old phone wasn't already broke, it will be by the time UPS is through with the tyvek bubble envelope they gave me to send it back in.
    I got my 650 in the mail today. However Sprint messed up and sent me the cameraless version. Now I'll have to wait about 3 or 4 days for the right one, but who am I to complain about this.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bvinson
    I got my 650 in the mail today. However Sprint messed up and sent me the cameraless version. Now I'll have to wait about 3 or 4 days for the right one, but who am I to complain about this.
    I had no clue they had a cameraless Treo 650 out just yet. I had a friend of mines T600 swapped out thru CSR and 2 days later its a T650 with no camera LOL

Eventually he got the phone he wanted but was surprised to see cameraless one.
    Well, After all I went through, I decided to go with the XV6600 on verizon. I just dont feel like dealing with someone at the store.
    My number should be ported tomorrow. I havent even got my refurb yet, should be here by saturday.
    How much does a fresh refurb treo600 with cradle, travel charger and travel sync cable, 4 styleses, three cases and a form fitted 512MB sd card(i sanded it down to fit smooth) go for?
    I was able to get the xv6600 for 398.00.
    Quote Originally Posted by damigs
    I have had both my wifes T600 and mine swapped out for brand new T650's in the past week. After much converstation with Customer Solutions finally I got them swapped out for FREE. This is exactly what I did.

I called 1-888-788-4727 Option 1 for English and then 2. When asked say "Customer Solutions". When rep came online I advised her if she was familiar with Treo 600's. She then transfered me to another Cust. Solutions Rep. who was. I mentioned to CSR that I was very unhappy with all the refurbised T600's I was getting as I was on my 4th unit since purchasing less than a year ago. I then mentioned that I was not willing to walk into another Sprint store as all they have me do it call the 800 # or replace phone with another refurb. CSR wasnt willing to work with me much as he kept refering to have it looked at by tech and the only way would be to walk into store. I then informed CSR that I walked into a sprint store over the holidays and it was so busy no one was willing to help me and advised to call 800. I asked CSR to send me a replacement unit other than a T600 as T600's have to many issues and need something more stable like a T650 which corrected many of the T600's issues. Either that or give me a refund. She then looked into and advised that since both are same price that she would need time to fill out an RMA request.

The next day I had a brand new Treo 650 with all accessories. I shipped back my old T600 and did the same a few days later for my wifes phone. We are now owners of new T650's and love them. So much more stable and no more headaches at least for the time being.

One thing to remember if that current CSR will not help you out advise that you would like to be transfered until you find one that will. Dont give up as believe it or not someone will help you out and satisfy your request. Good luck!!!!
    Well...I was VERY succesful with this method. I called twice, and got really lucky the second time. I asked the first rep if she knew anything about the 600, and she said no, so I asked her to transfer me to a new CSR rep, but she said she couldn't, and that I had to go back out to the main menu. So I did this, entered in my info crap, and got connected with a new guy, who could barely speak english. It was great, I thought, "well, I will have call back again." I asked the guy if he knew anything about the 600, and he answered "sir, what is your can I do for you"? Yeah, it sounded that grammatically bad. I actually had no idea what he was talking about most of the time, I kept getting him to try to transfer me to someone else, or to speak to his supervisor, and everytime he would put me on hold and check. Everytime he would come back with same info, something about my eligibility for a coupon or rebate on a new phone purchase ($150 off). At one point he offered to send me a replacement Treo 650, but that he would charge me full price for it on my next phone bill ($600)!!!! I was like, you got to be kidding me right? How does that help me out at all!?!?!?! The guy kept wanting to transfer me to Tech Support, and then Lockline, and then TECH again, but I insisted I stay with a CSR rep and no one else. I could just imagine getting into a situation where I was transfered from department to department, re-explaining everything over and over = NIGHTMARE!

SOOOOO...I was just about ready to just hang up on this guy, when he finally got his supervisor on the phone with me (I kept insisting on speaking with him/her!). She was EXTREMELY pleasant, and very willing to help me. She asked me what I thought a "fair price" would be for the 650. I replied that I thought a fair situation would be to pay the difference in the current retail price of the T600 and T650, which is $50 bucks right now. She said that was doable, and then had to wait for her computer to load the details. BUT, after she loaded all the info, she said she would just do a "warranty replacement" for me. With this, I thought she meant she would send me another 600, but she meant that since the 600 and 650 used to be the same price, she would just swap me a 650 for the 600 as a replacement! I was VERY clear in getting her to reiterate that she was sending a 650, and not the 600. She was very knowledgable about the whole pricing situation, so I'm confident she is sending me a 650 as a FREE replacement.

BUT, then, to top it off, she looked at my phone plan, and offered to lower my price since I have been paying an older rate for the 500 minutes a month plan. She said she could do this without extending my contract at all (no 1 or 2 year agreements!). Considering I am no longer on contract (ended back in Sept), this is fantastic to me. And as a bigger bonus, she was also able to lower my price without changing my price for PCS Vision (I am grandfathered in at the $10/month rate for UNLIMITED EVERYTHING), or anything else with my account. So the end result, I am saving $15 a month on my phone bill now!

Bottom LINE:
    Brand new FREE UPGRADED T650 on the way (3-5 days)
    $15 bucks cheaper Cell bill each month for the same plan

I am so giddy right now!!!

I am holding my breath, because it isn't all said and done - and who knows if something got messed up in the system, but she is supposed to call back to let me know when she gets a tracking number for the unit. Right now, things are amazing!

I'm tilting back a cold beer tonight in honor of this success! And here's to hoping the rest of you can score a great experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by damigs
    I had no clue they had a cameraless Treo 650 out just yet. I had a friend of mines T600 swapped out thru CSR and 2 days later its a T650 with no camera LOL

Eventually he got the phone he wanted but was surprised to see cameraless one.
    When I got my replacement as I stated above, the lady asked me if I wanted the CAMERA version or NON-CAMERA version of the T650. So I guess they have both!
    Last edited by zoomer777; 01/27/2005 at 02:15 PM.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast