1.    #1  
    Hi all, I played with Wireless Sync a little but never got around to getting everything synced with my 600 and ended up uninstalling it until I had some more time to play. Can anyone answer these few questions please?

1. Does it have to sync the calendar? This is only for a personal account and I don't care if it syncs the calendar. I keep years of old calendar in Outlook and on my device and saw an option to only sync a certain amount of calendar with WirelessSync. This is fine as long as it doesn't remove old appointments. Say it only syncs the last 30 days, will it delete older entries from my calendar?

2. I have a filter in my Outlook where it moves all SPAM to another folder. It seems though that WS will sync any new email that comes in. Is there a way to view it in separate folders on the device? Going to the WS web, it looked like it just put everything in inbox. If this is not possible, it also seemed that when I deleted, it would move all items to my Outlook "Deleted" folder. I usually just perm. delete all items in my SPAM folder. Is there a way to do a perm. delete once the mail is downloaded to the Treo? I don't want to clutter my Deleted items with a bunch of SPAM.

Thanks all!
    1] When you set WS to only sync data within 30 days, it means that it will ignore anything earlier. So if, for instance, you went back and corrected (for whatever reason) a meeting that took place 32 days ago, then change would take place in your Outlook Calendar, but it would not be reflected in your Palm Calendar since it was outside the range that WS looks at.

2] When WS gets your POP3/IMPA mail, it is directly polling your POP3 or IMAP server, so you Outlook filter never has a chance to review the e-mail. To the best of my knowledge there is no way to direct your POP3/IMAP e-mail to a particular folder upon receipt of the e-mail. There is no rule generation in WS as we understand it in Outlook. The only notation you get that the e-mail in question came from your POP3/IMAP account is the colored circle next to on the Treo. As for deleting the SPAM, you can always select MESSAGE -> EMPTY DELETED ITEMS within WS to erase all you SPAM on the Treo.

Good luck.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveNYC
    2] When WS gets your POP3/IMPA mail, it is directly polling your POP3 or IMAP server, so you Outlook filter never has a chance to review the e-mail. To the best of my knowledge there is no way to direct your POP3/IMAP e-mail to a particular folder upon receipt of the e-mail. There is no rule generation in WS as we understand it in Outlook. The only notation you get that the e-mail in question came from your POP3/IMAP account is the colored circle next to on the Treo. As for deleting the SPAM, you can always select MESSAGE -> EMPTY DELETED ITEMS within WS to erase all you SPAM on the Treo.

Good luck.
    Hi Steve, thanks for the response. Maybe I'm mistaken but I'm running Wireless Sync with Outlook under the assumption that it's actually syncing with Outlook, regardless of what type of mail it is retreiving (POP3, IMAP, Exchange, etc). I know with WS you can add POP3 accounts but I use Outlook to read my POP3 mail and I wanted WS to sync with Outlook which I believe it does, right?

As for deleting SPAM, I think when I chose to empty deleted items, it wasn't removing them from deleted items in Outlook. Maybe I'm wrong about that. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks again.