Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I found a bogus $27.99 charge for premium service on my Dec Sprint bill. Upon further questioning the CSR, it was from a s/w download over the phone. Now I have never bought s/w over the phone and I'm baffled as to how this could have happened.
    Uh oh. Hope this isn't the beginning of a Treo high-data surcharge (streaming Ptunes, etc). We'll see... (not trying to start something here, but notice the new "check your minutes and data usage on your account page at sprintpcs.com" DATA?). Makes me wonder at least....
    That's nothing, my last bill had a charge of $447.03 for PCS Vision Usage. When I called customer support they said, "Looks like someone used the Internet *a lot*". Well, duh. That's why I got the stupid thing in the first place. Course due to other technical difficulties on their part my total bill was $1,408. I had a bit of a difficult time explaining to my wife that this was not normal, nor was it due to me getting a Treo, and that our monthly Sprint bill was not going to be routinely higher than our mortgage.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by woolstar
    That's nothing, my last bill had a charge of $447.03 for PCS Vision Usage. When I called customer support they said, "Looks like someone used the Internet *a lot*". Well, duh. That's why I got the stupid thing in the first place. Course due to other technical difficulties on their part my total bill was $1,408. I had a bit of a difficult time explaining to my wife that this was not normal, nor was it due to me getting a Treo, and that our monthly Sprint bill was not going to be routinely higher than our mortgage.
    LOL! I mean, ahem, sorry to hear that.

So what ended up happening with your bill?

I thought PCS Vision was unlimited?
    Same problem here. with high charges. If you don't sign up for unlimited vision (somewhere between 5-15 buck depending on your plan) they nail you. Sign up for a Vision plan, then work your way through customer service until someone reverses the vision charges.

BTW, first two months of vision is free with a new vision plan.
    Sprint PCS vision is unlimited from your headset... Sprint does NOT allow you to use your phone as a modem to use on a laptop/computer. If you do, and they find out, they will either cancell your vision and charge you a per kb rate (And you will never be allowed to add vision again), or your whole account will be cancelled.
    I purchased a Sprint modem card, there is no unlimited plan. I signed up to have my usage monitored weekly, but they did not do this. The Sprint website will not tell you how many kb you have used. So your modem bill is a surprise every month. This isn't acceptable to me, so I have thrown my card away and am waiting for the contract period to end.
    That is not true at all. I don't know what is considered abusive use. All I know is I've been surfing on Vision from my laptop for a couple of years now as my only internet connection. I download stuff & surf everyday & no one has ever overbilled me or cancelled my Vision. Somewhere on this board awhile back said that there was a 2Gig cap before they would "warn" you...

Quote Originally Posted by fl00d_pr0z
    Sprint PCS vision is unlimited from your headset... Sprint does NOT allow you to use your phone as a modem to use on a laptop/computer. If you do, and they find out, they will either cancell your vision and charge you a per kb rate (And you will never be allowed to add vision again), or your whole account will be cancelled.
    That is all true. Read the TOS that every Sprint user signs... No use of a phone teatherd to a computer is allowed. Sure, people do it, but it's against TOS and the cap isn't 2Gb. More like 40MBs.
    BS. The cap is MUCH higher than 40MBs. 300MBs per month and Sprint won't even look twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by fl00d_pr0z
    That is all true. Read the TOS that every Sprint user signs... No use of a phone teatherd to a computer is allowed. Sure, people do it, but it's against TOS and the cap isn't 2Gb. More like 40MBs.
    Doooode! Where did you get this stuff?
    I never signed any terms of service. I never even physically signed any papers for Sprint. My contracts have always been confirmed over an automated system hosted by the beloved Claire.
    By using Sprint, you agree to the TOS...
    When I said "sign" I didn't literally mean you sign and date something. Sorry.
    Well, it would be hard for them to enforce TOS that were never presented to you. I don't believe the clause about no data tethering could be considered common knowledge.

I don't tether Vision to my laptop with my T600, but I may with my T650 using BT. I guess I'll just roll the dice.
    Well, it would be hard for them to enforce TOS that were never presented to you. I don't believe the clause about no data tethering could be considered common knowledge.

I don't tether Vision to my laptop with my T600, but I may with my T650 using BT. I guess I'll just roll the dice.
    It is presented to you, when you first sign up... You agree to it. And I'd watch using Bluetooth to connect. I know a user who just got charged DUN usage.

Unlimited PCS Vision plans/options are only available with phones or PCS smart phones where the device is not being used as a modem in connection with other equipment (e.g., computers, PDAs, etc.) through use of connection kits or other phone-to-computer/PDA accessories, or Bluetooth or other wireless technology. Sprint reserves the right to deny or to terminate service without notice for any misuse. Sprint is not responsible for any opinions, advice, statements, services applications or other information provided by third parties and accessible through PCS Vision wireless services.

That's in this: http://www1.sprintpcs.com/explore/in...rmsPrivacy.jsp
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    BRING IT ON SPRINT!!!!!

(no charge yet after 2 years of Vision modem usage)
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Flood is not making this up, over at the sprintusers.com I remember there was thread just about what he's talking about. I was remember reading that people had been either been caught and service had been cancelled (vision) or suspended, something to that effect.
    Exactly... Thanks, atleast one person doesn't think I'm pulling this out of my ***
    I don't think you're pulling it out of your ***. In fact, I totally agree with you. However, I signed up at RadioShack, and have only gotten phones from a Sprint Store. Never was I presented with anything or told, for that matter, of a restriction on Vision tethering.

I plan on attempting to use the BT DUN to do it as soon as VC gets me my frickin' 650. I hope they will at least give me warning before cancelling my Vision if they catch me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast