1.    #1  
    I work in the city of New York, right in the middle of the city. Sometimes my phone is roaming while i am in the office. I got charged $$$ for roaming even though, i was smack dab in the middle of the city...and they won't adjust it. They just said that they won't take it off. Even though the main reason why the phone is roaming is bc sprint coverage sux, i have to get the shaft. Its past 14 days, how do i get some satisfaction?
    Just because you are in the middle of a coverage area does not guarantee you coverage. Your phone should show you if you are roaming or not. If your phone says you're roaming, then Sprint will charge you for it. Most phones have the ability to disable roaming, allowing you to make calls only while on Sprint's network. This may save you from unexpected roaming charges. You could also add the America Choice option to your account for $5/month. As long as less than half of your minutes are used while roaming you won't incur any additional charges.
    Once again...user error.
    Start paying attention to your signal. Technology is nice, it's convenient, it's efficient...most of the time; but it's not perfect. Remember, technology is only as good as what humans put into it; it doesn't make itself ya know. Last I checked, steel frames and 12" thick bricks aren't see through, so what would make you think that cell waves would be able to get through them?

I don't mean to sound heartless, but there is a certain amount of responsibility with owning a cell phone and monitoring your signal and knowing when you're roaming is one of those responsibilities.
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
    If you turn off roaming, it is likely that you will still get sprint signal. The phone will use the best available signal by default. So it is possible to get a roaming signal even when you are smack in the middle of a perfectly good SPCS signal. Disable the "allow digital roaming" and that will only allow a Sprint signal.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by saracles
    Just because you are in the middle of a coverage area does not guarantee you coverage.
    Does anyone else think that statement just doesn't make sense? Your in a coverage area, but u might not have coverge?

1 Post huh? You sound alot like the rep i just got off the phone with.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by millsda2
    Once again...user error.
    Last I checked, steel frames and 12" thick bricks aren't see through, so what would make you think that cell waves would be able to get through them?
    My office is surrounded by large glass panels/windows that go from floor to ceiling. I'm sorry but sprint coverage sucks.

I guess my real complaint is that i'm paying for sprint's inadequate signal coverage.
    Quote Originally Posted by scriber
    Does anyone else think that statement just doesn't make sense? Your in a coverage area, but u might not have coverge?

1 Post huh? You sound alot like the rep i just got off the phone with.
    I am just saying that the carrier's coverage maps are just a representation of coverage. Your mileage may vary due to network problems, interference, building structure, etc. Always check your phone to see if you are roaming, or disable the roaming option.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Switch to the fair & flexible America plan that does not have roaming charges. It coveres both the dark green & light green areas on the coverage map.
    I agree with most of the posters here - if you're going to keep your phone with "roaming" enabled, cough up the extra $5 monthly for "America". If not, do like I do and disable the roaming altogether. I've had it off the entire time I've owned my device (over a year) and have NEVER had signal problems - and that includes travels from NY to Seattle (and surrounding areas) and Oregon - even up to some up the remote areas.

And no - this isn't Sprint's fault, so they shouldn't pay you anything back. You need to learn how to read if your device is roaming. If it is - don't make calls, update your PRL, turn roaming off, or pay for the "America" plan.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scriber
    My office is surrounded by large glass panels/windows that go from floor to ceiling. I'm sorry but sprint coverage sucks.

I guess my real complaint is that i'm paying for sprint's inadequate signal coverage.
    As everyone else has said, try switching your Treo to "Sprint only" and see if you get coverage in your office. I bet you will, it's just probably just a bit weaker than another signal that's overpowering it. (could be Verizon's) This is why your Treo is picking it up.

So no, Sprint doesn't suck. No carrier provides a perfect signal in every nook and cranny of the world. Take a deep breath, realize your mistake, and then either switch to Sprint only or sign up for the $5/month roaming plan.
    Even if you're in a Sprint service area, your phone may not realize it and be roaming, or is getting a much stronger signal roaming than with Sprint... This is why Sprint offers the $5 America option that allows 49% of your used anytime minutes to be used while roaming. Your fault, not Sprints...
    Quote Originally Posted by saracles
    I am just saying that the carrier's coverage maps are just a representation of coverage. Your mileage may vary due to network problems, interference, building structure, etc. Always check your phone to see if you are roaming, or disable the roaming option.
    Exactly. Sprint shouldn't be responsible for user error.

"Sometimes my phone is roaming while i am in the office. I got charged $$$ for roaming" Too funny.
    I don't think there's a single carrier out there that has 100% coverage. It's just part of the technology. Roaming costs the carrier money, so it costs you money too.