Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    To get a better idea how many of us crazy cutting-edgers have lobotomized our 650's into working on Verizon, please report here so we can tally the numbers.

Count me in as one, since I just activated it this afternoon. Whoo-hoo!
    Last edited by Markito; 12/29/2004 at 02:54 PM.
    ~'kito
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Count me in.
    Give me about 18 hours, then count me in too!
    I'm halfway through the process (waiting for some kind soul to get me the PST) so count me half in.
    Activated...
    Well, I thought I'd be in by now... I guess I don't have the right PST. Now I'm searching for a chameleon! I hope it isn't as hard to find as its namesake!
    Success! I'm now a full-blown member of the Verizonified Treo 650 club!
    I'll be part of the crowd in two weeks. My 650 arrives on 1/6, but I don't arrive home until 1/9.... nuts...
    It took me a few days, but I got it to work. I used LAtreo cable from COMPUSA and #19 from Radio Shack. It only took one phone call and about 10mins on the phone with CS. My phone works, but I can't get the Express Network to work using Mines directions. I've tried resetting and nothing. I'm in the LA area and don't know if it is the same settings. Please help.

Thanks.
    I have one. Still working on changing the phone startup/shutdown screens and Verizon MMS.
  11.    #11  
    For easily hotsync installed patches for the phone startup/shutdown screens that have already been created, visit:
    http://www.shadowmite.com/p-f.html
    I was happy to get the Sprint one off of my phone.

Thanks Shadowmite & the gang!
    ~'kito
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog76
    Still working on changing the... Verizon MMS.
    I would LOVE that. I do wish that we could currently send photos via MMS like the Sprint 650'ers. Please keep us updated on your progress in a new thread. Thanks!
    ~'kito
    Quote Originally Posted by Markito
    To get a better idea how many of us crazy cutting-edgers have lobotomized our 650's into working on Verizon, please report here so we can tally the numbers.

Count me in as one, since I just activated it this afternoon. Whoo-hoo!
    Count me in - 2 weeks using my 650 with Verizon.
    me too
    Okay,

I was half in, now I'm all in.

Only thing left to do is add the overlay files. Is it as simple as hotsyncing the "PhoneApp_SPCS.prc" file? I don't want to mess with the ROM updates.

On another note, when I ##xxxx# my phone to get it into passthrough mode or whatever, how do you get it out of this mode without resetting the phone?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    To exit the passthrough mode just retype the ## code.....##3424 enables and disables the passthrough mode. Almost forgot, yes to install the overlay just hotsync to your T650.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Been running Verizon 650 since 12/28. so far so good, no problems at all.

alex
    Happy to join the club! Just came back from a Boston area Verizon store--the Service Manager hooked me, activating the ESN and sent me on my way. If you stop and think about it--this site is DAMN impressive! People using their knowledge in a constructive way and sharing what they learn w/ others--sure there's some flaming and pettiness--still, damn impressive....
    Up and Running since 1/11/05
    <evil scientist laughter> I have successfully Verizon-ized a Treo 650.

GarySeven, nice avatar. I really liked the Assignment Earth episode. I actually just bought the first season on DVD and am planning to buy the other two lol.

Thanks Mines, Shadowmite and all others whose hard work helped me accomplish this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast