Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGeek
    I purchased the CompUSA PDA Protection plan ($70 for 2 years, yes the gave me a discounted price). I feel it is worth the peace of mind.
    Probably a very dumb question, but in order to buy the CompUSA protection plan, do you have to buy your Treo 650 through them as well?
    ~'kito
    Please scratch my name off the list. Today I went back to my 600. I use my Treo for data 24*7 and the 650 blows. If someone wants it and the pieces to put together a serial cable, first offer of $450 gets it. (The plastic on the screen wasn't even taken off.
    Just curious, why was the 650 so bad (in comparison to the 600) for data?
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX
    Just curious, why was the 650 so bad (in comparison to the 600) for data?
    It was constantly claiming it was connected but wasn't. I had the T600 connected for DAYS at a clip, this wouldn't go more than 20 or so hours. And when it DID fail, it would start reconnecting every 10 minutes FOREVER until a soft reset was done. I just went back to the T600 this afternoon and its rock solid data wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markito
    For easily hotsync installed patches for the phone startup/shutdown screens that have already been created, visit:
    http://www.shadowmite.com/p-f.html
    I was happy to get the Sprint one off of my phone.

Thanks Shadowmite & the gang!

Still no Verizon screens?
    Thanks tuctboh.
    I have been a Treo 650 verizon member for about a week now. the I love the phone, but i seen to get really bad reception. I hears echos, people complain that they cant hear me or that i am breaking up. I have done all of the updates by dialing *228. anyone having a similar problem, or know how to fix it.
  8.    #48  
    I have had ZERO of that. I really believe that those issues are not related to the Verizonization. My sound has been perfect since its Verizon lobotomy 6 weeks ago.
    ~'kito
    Well you can add me to the list, I finally got my roadshow treo and i've put it on verizon. Trying to figure out if verizon is going to come out with their own 650, if so I need to sell this one just before they do so I can get my money back out of it

Anyone know if it is possible to sprintify a verizonfied 650?
    I had to Sprint one back from a Verizonized T650 for a return and it worked fine. I just did the procedure in reverse and used the settings you wrote down (you did write them down right?). I even got Shadowmite's ROMs reverted back using his instructions from his website.
    I'm about to join the club, BUT had a few questions cleared if possible before I do......

I currently have no data plan with VZN. I wont' be surfing the web or e-mailing with the t650 frequently, however I would like to have it available.

1) Can I activate the t650 without a data plan?
    2) If so is there a particular phone I should say that I'm attempting to activate to make sure that it is possible (ie. Startac/Audiovox/any phone not needing a data plan)?
    3) If I don't have a data plan can I access the Web easily?
    4) And if I access the Web or e-mail without a data plan how will I be charged with regard to minutes? (1min = 1 kb??)

I apologize if these are very novice questions, I'm just very excited to join the wonderful world of VZN t650 users but haven't been able to find answers to any of these questions.

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by endophiler
    I'm about to join the club, BUT had a few questions cleared if possible before I do......

I currently have no data plan with VZN. I wont' be surfing the web or e-mailing with the t650 frequently, however I would like to have it available.

1) Can I activate the t650 without a data plan?
    Yes, as far as VZW is concerned it is an audiovox which doesn't support data

2) If so is there a particular phone I should say that I'm attempting to activate to make sure that it is possible (ie. Startac/Audiovox/any phone not needing a data plan)?
    They think it is an audiovox, that is what mine came up as and what others have said as well
    3) If I don't have a data plan can I access the Web easily?
    Yes, it sucks out of your minutes.

4) And if I access the Web or e-mail without a data plan how will I be charged with regard to minutes? (1min = 1 kb??)
    Don't know about that one, i'm sure it's on the VZW website somewhere

I apologize if these are very novice questions, I'm just very excited to join the wonderful world of VZN t650 users but haven't been able to find answers to any of these questions.

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]
    Count me in on the newly Verizonified 650. I followed the directions on Shadowmite's website and had things up and running in no time. My activation conversation went something like this:

VZW: ESN not showing up, not sure this phone can be activated.
    Me: I activated this a while back and had the same problem it is an Audiovox 9100, can we try and see if it will program?
    VZW: OK

Done.

I had a few questions though. If Verizon ever does come out with this phone should I switch? I am not a heavy data user and in fact have not activated a data plan by going to the store as suggested. I just wanted a palm and phone in one device. Is it true that I HAVE TO buy a data plan with a Verizon branded PDA phone? One advantage of switching would be phone insurance. Any others?

My reception bars go in and out all day but I never have problems making calls. I do occasionally hear an echo as stated by someone in a previous thread.
    Count me in. First ten days have been great....with some "tweaking" done to improve the ease of use.
    i wasn't as adventurous as most of you... I bought mine off ebay... works great...
    Finally, I can count myself as one of the proud owners of a verizonized 650 I would like to thank -mines- very much for his help he is a true GENIUS dont know what i would have done w/out his help so

MINES

THANK YOU VERY MUCH
    Quote Originally Posted by mellon
    I have been a Treo 650 verizon member for about a week now. the I love the phone, but i seen to get really bad reception. I hears echos, people complain that they cant hear me or that i am breaking up. I have done all of the updates by dialing *228. anyone having a similar problem, or know how to fix it.

I had a early treo 650 and returned it three times. due to that problem, it is the phone.

I returned mine and have not replaced it yet. Don't have any advice.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123