Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    What's the performance of web browsing?

dslreports.com/mspeed

Choose the 200K file.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Count me in if I can get a good deal on a 650. What are Verizon people paying for the 650?
    where are you guys buying the phone?
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I bought my phone from the Palm One store in SoCal. If you buy them w/o a plan then you pay full price $599.00 I think. Im sure you can get them online w/o a plan as well. Just be prepared to pay full price for them.
    Hi,

Count me in, temporarily. If your a big data user, can you check out the following thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=70408
    what's the benefit of verizoning a T650, will it work on both networks, and will you have to pay roaming charges?
    You guys can count me in as well.

I activated my Treo 650 a few days ago and here's the dealio: When I called and talked to the Verizon customer care personal they asked what kind of phone it was. I told her it was an Audiovox and she acted as nothing and activated the phone. She then told me that I had the unlimited data plan on my Treo 600 and it was unnecessary because the Audiovox doesn't support data services so I went along with her. I was a little bummed because obviously I need the data services due to business needs. Well, later on that day and I was still able to surf the internet and get my email. Then next day, which was yesterday, the same thing, got my email and surf the internet all day.

I called Verizon today and verified that the unlimited data service was turned off a few days ago. This might be better than buying the verizon certified Treo650 when it comes out. Verizon will release the Treo 650 in a few months and a few months later they will release a PPC Treo 650. Trust me on this guys. I have friends that work at Palm and I used to work there as well.

My suspicion: Since the Audiovox doesn't support data services there's no way of them tracking data usage on the verizionized Treo 650.

Is there anyone else getting free data or I'm I the only one???????

Power to the People!
    I suspect you're using minutes for your data time.
    I can't believe anyone is actually Verizonizing these phones and keeping them for personal use. You should see what a guy is getting for these things on E-bay!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...747423190&rd=1

Another guy is actually asking $125 for the cable to perform the transition! Wow!

I might just switch mine over next week and sell it, at those prices!
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by PDAGeek
    She then told me that I had the unlimited data plan on my Treo 600 and it was unnecessary because the Audiovox doesn't support data services so I went along with her.
    Did you say you actually cancelled the data plan and are getting unlimited data on Verizon free of charge? BTW, please report in another month after some real heavy usage and let us know if it's still workig out. If we don't hear from you then you'll probably be locked up.

Shadowmite, here I come. I wanna be Verizonized
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi
    I can't believe anyone is actually Verizonizing these phones and keeping them for personal use. You should see what a guy is getting for these things on E-bay!!

Another guy is actually asking $125 for the cable to perform the transition! Wow!

Holy cow. This is turning out to be a lucrative business for these guys. Of course, many phones on eBay are hot (stolen). I heard from a guy who shelled out similar money and later found out the ESN is locked out due to charged off account
    For those that have Verizonized a Sprint phone, what happens if you need to replace it (as so many have with the 600)?
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Ordered my serial cable (hopefully to arrive tomorrow) then it's just a matter of time! This is exciting...probably can count me in - hopefully by tomorrow.

Will my old LG phone no longer be activate and I will still have my same Phone Number or will it change ?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileGuy
    For those that have Verizonized a Sprint phone, what happens if you need to replace it (as so many have with the 600)?
    I purchased the CompUSA PDA Protection plan ($70 for 2 years, yes the gave me a discounted price). I feel it is worth the peace of mind.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Thanks to all the help and answered questions at Treocentral I was successful in getting my Treo 650 "verizonified" since 12/24/04. It has been working great and I have been very happy with it. I had been using a v710.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi

Well I can't speak for others but I feel that all the information I received to move my Treo 650 over to Verizon was freely given to me by others. Mines, GalenMD, and many others took time to help me out and I just wouldn't feel right charging someone for what was given to me. Besides I would not want to deal with the hassle of someone's phone not working down the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGeek
    I purchased the CompUSA PDA Protection plan ($70 for 2 years, yes the gave me a discounted price). I feel it is worth the peace of mind.
    Makes sense, thanks.
    I just verizonized my phone. IT IS AWESOME! It took me about a week and a lot of patience but with everyone'w help here I did it. It was very well worth it.
  20.    #40  
    Congrats jonesbond!
    Welcome to the family!
    ~'kito
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast