Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've been contemplating purchasing a Treo 650, but after reviewing the service plans I've changed my mind!! Is $35 bucks a month the best they can do? I get 1000 anytime minutes for only $39 with AT&T.
    Sprint is definitely not the low cost leader. However, if you like unlimited data, and have about 4 phones with alot of PCS to PCS calling, it's a very good deal.

IMHO

Clue
    In the long term SPrint really comes out ahead.

I have:

3 lines ( 2000 shared minutes)

Premium Visions package-
    unlimited text messaging
    unlimited picture mail
    unlimited E/W 7p to 7a
    unlimited data

Remember...all three lines have access to this package!!

Just 80 bucks a month..

IGO
    Last edited by IGoDwnTwn34; 12/29/2004 at 09:41 AM.
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by maxio
    I've been contemplating purchasing a Treo 650, but after reviewing the service plans I've changed my mind!! Is $35 bucks a month the best they can do? I get 1000 anytime minutes for only $39 with AT&T.
    And how much more with a reasonable amount of data usage added in?
    vision is data. it's unlimited for 15 a month. with extra lines it's most likely free
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jfmcdowell357
    vision is data. it's unlimited for 15 a month. with extra lines it's most likely free

extra lines its $5 for vision
    Quote Originally Posted by jfmcdowell357
    actually i think the previous poster was asking what the 'cheap' ATT plan would be with data included. definitely not the $39.99. add $19.99 i believe, and you have ATT's equivalent minimum - $60 a month for one line.
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
    Show me a carrier that will give you:

Three Treos, sharing 3500 min., unlimited data (full vision), for $120 a month, including tax.

and I will switch.
    get on a retention plan!
    Yup, my retention is $40/mo for 1000 AT min, unl N/W, unl PCS 2 PCS, FIMF + $10 unl Vision. BUT, that's a retention plan, so we can't use it to compare.

Likewise, I can't find the rate Maxio is speaking of so I gotta call BS on his post. Maybe it's a retention plan as well (although I didn't realize AT&T had a retention dept) or maybe it's an old plan. Either way, the statement that Sprint is too expensive is way off base.

If you compare both carriers cheapest rates, here's what I found:

AT&T Nation 250 $29.99/mo 250 AT 1,000 N/W
    Sprint Free & Clear $35/mo 300 AT Unlimited N/W

AT&T Nation 450 $39.99/mo 450 AT 5,000 N/W Unlimited Mobile to Mobile
    Sprint Free & Clear $40/mo 500 AT Unlimited N/W $5 for PCS 2 PCS

In my book, looks like they are REALLY close. Depends on your needs which is better (but for those using for after hours LD, Sprint wins hands down.)
    How does one get a retention plan?
    Call up and cancel.
  13.    #13  
    You're right, it probably is a retention plan. Basically extended my contract a few years ago. I haven't really shopped around until now.
    retention plans are the way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxio

I would suggest taking this up with Sprint, or at least seaching the forum for previous posts along the same line.

If you can't figure out a way to get better plan going down the two paths I have decribed above, I would suggest you not get a Treo.

BTW, you posted this in the wrong forum.
    I disagee. His post is about Sprint service and their prices . what other forum is the right one for a discussion about Sprint pricing?
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Actually, Sprint isn't expensive... It's 35.00 for a 500 A/T National Plan. That includes, long distance, U/L N/W starting at 7, and Free PCS to PCS... Pretty good if you ask me.
    I don't think you are comparing apples to apples with Sprint and AT&T. Sprint offers 500 prime time minutes plus unlimited evening/weekend for $39 NATIONWIDE. Make sure you are comparing NATIONAL plans vs. local or regional and make sure you are comparing types of plans (free evenings/weekends vs. all calls timed).
    Yeah, I think that AT&T plan is a local plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by fl00d_pr0z
    Actually, Sprint isn't expensive... It's 35.00 for a 500 A/T National Plan. That includes, long distance, U/L N/W starting at 7, and Free PCS to PCS... Pretty good if you ask me.
    Nope. You must be in an affiliate market, but I doubt they would have better deals than Sprint. It's $40 for 500 A/T minutes. It's an extra $5 for your nights to start at 7, and unlimited PCS to PCS minutes are yet another $5 per month.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast