1.    #1  
    Hi, I just bought a Treo 650 on eBay and I forgot to get one that said unlocked. The auction said that it was in brand new shape with everything still in the sealed plastic, except for the actual handset that has had just two calls on it.

I assume that means that it has been locked with Sprint in order to make those calls.

Well I bought it so that I could convert it to Verizon. Am I screwed? Or can I still somehow unlock it and then convert it? Or can the conversion only be done with Sprint phones that haven't ever been used/locked?

Please advise.

Thanks,
    ~Markito
    Last edited by Markito; 12/20/2004 at 11:08 AM.
    search around. i think people have been successful using the 650 with verizon. I know that tthere are threads on it anyway.
    It doesn't matter if the phone has been used or not.
  4.    #4  
    Wonderful news. Thanks sxtg!
    Quote Originally Posted by Markito
    Wonderful news. Thanks sxtg!
    what am I...chopped liver?
  6.    #6  
    Not at all dutchtrumpet!
    I appreciate your info too.
    It's just that I already knew about the conversion thread, that's what prompted me to buy the T650. I just didn't know if those doing the conversion had used their phones on Sprint beforehand or not.
    But it was nice of you to lend a hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    what am I...chopped liver?
    LOL

His primary concern was IF the phone has been used, can it still be converted.
  8.    #8  
    Here's another question:
    Was I stupid to buy the 650 via eBay?
    I mean by doing so, do I miss out on all warantee, repair and insurance opportunities?
    Thanks in advance guys.
    ~Markito
    I dont know what services Verizon offers. I think just by putting the phone on Verizon you don't have access to warranties because they dont sell the phone. The phone should have a 1yr manufactures warranty but you have to get those replacements thru Sprint.