1.    #1  
    I just got my Treo 600, which replaced a Sanyo 8100. Sprint is my wireless provider.

When someone sends me a text message, I get a "short mail notification", rather than an actual SMS. This means I have to go to the Sprint messaging website to pick up my message. I am able to send SMS from the built-in app.

I call Customer Support yesterday; I was told that my phone wasn't provisioned for SMS, and that the fix would be pretty easy. After about 10 minutes he indicated that I had been updated on "all of the servers" and that I shouldreceive full SMS within 30 minutes. 30 hours later, and I'm still struggling here.

I called Sprint Cust Service again today. The Customer Service rep insisted that I download a 3rd party SMS app from the PalmOne support site. It is for all "standard GSM phones". Sprint doesn't carry GSM technology! Why would he point me there?

Please help. How do I get a freakin' SMS message?

Jason
    Don't pay for an SMS app when it comes on the phone. Sprint will get it fixed soon. Until then, just log on the web to get your incoming messages.

By the way, if you didn't have unlimited Vision on your 8100 before, you definitely need it with your 600.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterFuhrman
    Don't pay for an SMS app when it comes on the phone. Sprint will get it fixed soon. Until then, just log on the web to get your incoming messages.

By the way, if you didn't have unlimited Vision on your 8100 before, you definitely need it with your 600.
    It seems to work for everyone else, no? Isn't it just a case of them "fixing" my account?

Thanks for the tips. I had unlimited Vision before, and I certainly need it now!

Jason