1.    #1  
    I already have the software, cable etc. from link "activating a 650 on verizon" by Mines http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=63563. My question is, BEFORE starting the steps mentioned in that thread, are there things I should do before altering the t650:

1) I read that I should extract firmware first. Does someone have instructions or a link on how to do this?
    2) Write down your original settings. What are the original settings? I know, I'm such a newbie, but hey, I'm trying.
    3) Is there anything else I need to do before converting? (other than keeping my fingers crossed and saying a little prayer)

Thanks!
  2.    #2  
    I don't understand.......over 100 people viewed but no responses??? There are several people who have converted their phones to verizon already who most likely know the answer. Even people who have gone through the process with other phones would know the answer. Please help out.
  3.    #3  
    OK people, 168 viewed and no one responded. It's the holidays. Be nice and throw me a bone. There are a few people out there who are familiar with the conversion process. So what's the story- do I need to extract the firmware first? Do you have a link with instructions? Anything else in addition to MSL settings that are the "original settings" I should write down first before converting?

Somebody be nice and answer my post....
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Maybe the people who viewed this don't know; I sure don't...Try another one of the forums and see if you get better results.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Read this thread it will explain everything about the transformation after you have made the cable.

Activating a Treo 600 on Verizon

Or check #35 in the "Mines" thread. Just substitute T650 for T600.
    Last edited by SloMo; 12/21/2004 at 09:51 PM.
  6.    #6  
    Slomo- the thread isn't working In any event, I've seen threads on the transformation, but my question was about before the transformation. Maybe it's a mute point since people have already posted the original roms?

By the way, I'm going to verizonize in the next day or two. So as a rule of thum, any rom changes on a verizonized phone - we should change back to original sprint form before making any rom changes??
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Try the thread now or look for the FAQ: "Activating a Treo 600 on Verizon" further down in this forum. If you want to change the ROM I would do it before the conversion.