1.    #1  
    I'm currently using a Treo 300 on Sprint's service, have been for some years now. Sprint *claims* I'm flagged as a "valued customer"

So why is it that I can't get an upgrade deal that even *equals* the price of what a new customer can get? Right here on TC, a new customer can get a 650 with service from Sprint for $370. The *absolute* best deal I can get from Sprint as an upgrade is $420, and even then, any new customer could get that from them.

I've been paying them for years, I'm looking to trade in my old phone, and still, the best they will offer me directly is the same deal they give new customers. Considering what I paid for the original Treo (almost $500) and the number of years I've been their customer, you'd think they'd be a little more generous.

It's bizarre, but if I want the best deal, I will need to cancel my existing service and start over again, new number and all.
    Do you have a contract or are you month to month?
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Personally I think they could care less about their customers.

Hopefully this new merger will shine some much needed light on the Sprint customer support department.
    You could call the retention department (don't have the number), and say that you are going to leave them unless they give you a better deal on the 650. They will eat $50 to get you into a two year contract.
    That's what I was going to suggest. If he is already locked in to a contract however, they may not stop her from leaving them. If he is on month to month Retention is probably going to be more willing to compromise.

Good Luck!
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Same scenario with Verizon. Our 2-year plan ends in November 2005. I want to upgrade to the Treo 600 (even if Verizon had the 650 would have to go with the 600 as our database ACT6.0/ARES will not sync with the 650, at least not yet).

The upgrade price is $520 if I want to keep our current plan. To get the reduced price of $350 I have to sign up for a new 2-year plan (cost more and less coverage of our current plan), or wait until September (Verizon lets you upgrade your phone 2 months before your rate plan ends).

Another bummer: we have the family share plan and my wife is the designated the primary phone; I'm the 2ndary phone. Their $100 toward a new upgrade applies only toward the primary phone. My fault, I guess; didn't think to ask which phone it applied to when signing up.

A caveat: according to the rep I talked to you can get the $5/mth insurance only if you buy the phone through them; so much for Ebay.

I like coverage and CS from Verizon, but am looking into Sprint. 2 of my associates in the office have been using Sprint and have had no problems with coverage. It appears their plans are a little cheaper than Verizon, but have concerns about their coverage and CS.
  7.    #7  
    I'm month to month, have been for a while.

Looking into it, it's actually even worse.

For a new customer, the $150 discount is just that, a discount.

For an existing customer, it's a "rebate". I have to pay the full price, then they give me a $150 credit on my account.

So, as an existing customer, not only do I have to pay more, I have to pony up the full amount up front.

Yeah, I guess I can call the retention folks. Not sure I really want to do business with a company I have to threaten in order to get what they should have offered freely.
    It's possible to do an upgrade. The only phone I've ever paid for was the Samsung i300. Through retention I upgraded to the i330, then the i500, then the Treo 600, and now the Treo 650. Tell them that the only way you'll renew an agreement is if they'll upgrade your phone. If you feel you aren't getting anywhere, hang up, call again, and say that you were speaking with omeone earlier and they had agreed to do an upgrade, but the call dropped.
    Fraud is not the answer.
    Fraud is an answer, but it's a lousy one. I would hope someones Integrity is worth more than saving a couple bucks.

Just my .02
    Quote Originally Posted by Yosserick
    It's possible to do an upgrade. The only phone I've ever paid for was the Samsung i300. Through retention I upgraded to the i330, then the i500, then the Treo 600, and now the Treo 650. Tell them that the only way you'll renew an agreement is if they'll upgrade your phone. If you feel you aren't getting anywhere, hang up, call again, and say that you were speaking with omeone earlier and they had agreed to do an upgrade, but the call dropped.
    This is WRONG!!!! I really wish you would change carriers and defraud someone else, because all you are doing is driving monthly costs up.

Let's see. You originally purchased the i300, which you probably got some rebate as it was your first Sprint phone. Let's be generous and say you spent $400 on the i300. Since then, you have been given a $500 phone and three $600 phones. That's $2300 in phones you have been given, and only $400 you have spent on a phone. So in phones alone you have cost Sprint $1900.

Let's also generously assume you have a plan with a $100 MRC (which I doubt, because it sounds like you would weasel Sprint down into giving you 2000 minutes a month for $40 or something like that). It would take Sprint 19 months to just break even with you. They have things called expenses, you know.

Moral of this story: if you enjoy the services that you are receiving, don't defraud the company you are using, or one day they might not be around to help you.
    I whloleheartedly agree with MisterFurman. This type of behavior costs every subscriber to Sprint.

Maybe if more people acted ethically and lived up to their end of the contract they signed MsSheldon wouldn't be complaining about Sprint service plans being too "High"!!
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    What about Sprint's "Ethics?" The factthat they refuse to admidmt the major problems on the Treo 650. I did call PalmOne, Sprint and PalmOne's PRPRPR $company$ $and$ $left$ $some$ $detailed$ $messages$ $and$, $of$ $course$, $a$ $threat$. $I$ $am$ $proud$ $of$ $it$ $too$ . $I$ $also$ $told$ $Sprint$ $I$ $will$ $NOT$ $pay$ $for$ $service$ $until$ $they$ $stop$ $lying$ $to$ $me$ $right$ $after$ $I$ $signed$ $a$ $new$ $2$ $year$ $deal$.

In other words, it goes both ways here. I have been with sprint since 98. After spending 60 hours in the Useless Sprinty store and another 50 hours on the phone, I believe Sprint owes me more than the 4 months of free serrvice they gave me 1 1/2 years ago. It's time for these big-*** corporations to listen to thei customers. (but i guess that will not happen for the next 4 years due to the moron whio is apparently our president and so "in" with big business) !