1.    #1  
    I am trying to help a friend set up a treo 650 we keep getting timed out trying to access mail with versamail and I'm sure we have the POP setting correct. SMTP isn't working either.

Is there somewhere else where internet setting are set?

Thanks in advance.
    I had the same problem with Versa until I got a hold of Sprint and got Outgoing setup right. You will need to go into the Versamail email program to reset it's settings in Accounts. Be sure you have put the "Right" Sprint Password in the setup. Here are my settings:

Account Name: Email
    Mail Server: Comcast

Username:
    Janedoe

Password:
    hushhush

Email Address:
    Janedoe@comcast.net

Incoming Mail Servers:
    mail.comcast.net

Outgoing Mail Servers:
    Smtp.sprintpcs.com

Advanced:
    Nothing checked

Advanced:
    X Use authentication (ESMTP)

Username:
    your sprint user name

Password:
    your sprint email password
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  3.    #3  
    So you need to get an individual password from sprint?
  4. hub
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    I had the same problem so I called pcs technical supoort. Had to get to a tier 2 tech to get it to work. Turns out that you have 3 passwords on the 650. Vision password, account password, email password. He had to go into something on his side and change some password to make it work. I also had to do a ##3282 profle update. Now it works for one of my accounts but the other one still does not work, but that may be a problem on my incoming server.
    Yes u will need to call Sprint CS to setup a password for your Sprint e-mail acct..
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    you can also set up your email password on sprintpcs.com after logging into your account. Look for preferences. It allows you to do it with out calling a cs or tier 2