1.    #1  
    I'm familiar with the BizCon for Sprint but have a client (running Exchange) who wants to roll out 600's on Verizon. Is Verizon's Wireless Sync their equivalent to Sprint's BizCon - if not what is? I've read thru a few posts and it seems to be problematic or takes some tweaking. Pros & cons....any info or general direction to go will help.

Thanks,
    Tim
    I have VZN WS, though I am not familiar with Sprint's BizCon - what specific questions can help you with? The program basically keeps my MS Outlook updated with my Treo and vice versa. There have been a few glitches, but overall I have been happy with the program. I would be happy to answer any specific questions you might have - just let me know.
    Jeff
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > AT&T Tilt > Treo 750 > Treo Pro
    John 16:33
  3.    #3  
    The VZN WS looks like it works as a push - mail comes into Outlook and the WS program pushes it out to the Treo - is this correct? Does the software reside on the individual workstation or does it reside on the Exchange or mail server? Is it pretty consistent in its "pushing" of emails? Is this a viable solution for a company that is looking to use VZN and wants to get 15-20 or their people Treo's / the ability to receive emails while on the road?

Sprint's BizCon has the Treo making a secure connection to the Exchange or mail server and "pulls" the mail in when it does its wireless sync.

Thanks,
    You are correct in your understanding of VZN WS, email (or other PIM data) comes into Outlook, the email "techincally" gets pushed to a VZN server which then pushes it directly to the Treo. The software resides on the workstation, not the exchange server, which is why the workstation must be log-in into the exchange server with Outlook open to receive email for the software to push email to the Treo. My experience has been positive with emails being pushed to my Treo in real time - most times my email will arrive in my Outlook and be on my Treo within seconds (I leave my Treo on while even at my desk) so I have been happy with it. Obviously there can be communication errors between Outlook and the exchange server, the exchange server and the internet and I am aware of one time that the VZN server has gone down as well which affects email being pushed, but again overall I have had a very positive experience with the software and it's abilities.

To your question about viability, I would say yes - that's what it is designed for. The software can be placed on a single workstation and monitor multiple accounts, but I would think software on each workstation would be more reliable. You could argue the Sprint software is better because it connects directly to the company server and thus doesn't have as many "steps" to get new email...but it's minimal at best.

Hope this is helpful,
    Jeff
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the info - I really appreciate it and will pass it along. One last question - what is the cost...does the software cost or is it a recurring service fee and the software is included?
    The software is included with a purchase of any VZN Treo 600 at no additional cost. What will cost you is the additional data plan you have to purchase on top of your voice plan - or - the additional minutes you use towards your voice plan minutes with data transfer. You will find a couple of different threads that talk about the differences. I would highly recommend getting a data plan along with your voice plan if you plan to use the Treo on a regular base. Again, just my opinion - others on the board might differ. Anything else, just let me know.

Happy Holidays,
    Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowdawg54
    I would highly recommend getting a data plan along with your voice plan if you plan to use the Treo on a regular base. Again, just my opinion - others on the board might differ. Anything else, just let me know.
    ITA. If you use Exchange or Domino servers for corporate mail and want Blackberry-like functionality, that means, always-on. If you just want IMAP or POP mail, Wireless Sync is over-kill, IMO. Snappermail and Chattermail are better and you don't really need a data plan.