Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Announced earlier this morning, sprint and nextel are merging, with print having the upper hand.
    Last edited by gt5l; 12/15/2004 at 07:59 AM.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Can I post in this thread, even though I don't have a baby photo avatar?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluemeister

Just so you wont feel alone here.
    Good Deal.. Go Sprint... 3rd largest carrier...humm who else can we buy??.... hummm, see we got Sprint/VirginMobile/Nextel am I missing anybody?
    "I have to return some videotapes."
    So What shall we call this new company? Sprintel Mobile? lol!!!
    "I have to return some videotapes."
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoDaddeo6
    So What shall we call this new company? Sprintel Mobile? lol!!!
    "The new company, which will be called Sprint Nextel..."

I think this is great! The name sucks, but the merger is great!

-rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    ten bucks that means the treo 700 will have a walkie-talkie function with the famous 'chirp'.
    No, you can't LOL
    Tell-virgin-sprint-next?
  10.    #11  
    Verizon is next
    Treoing & Loving it
    Was the push-to-talk button on the 650 an early indicator of this merger?
    lol @ verizon users. there was hope for them to have decent phones if they would have merged with sprint. oh well.
    a Motorola. Seems like a good deal for Nextel. I wonder if they are going to keep the IDEN system. It's very limited. The only manufacturer supporting it is Motorola. This is a very good deal for Nextel. I wonder if their now going to expand their product line.

Maybe our rates will get lowered. I don't know why it would, but just wishful thinking I guess.

Regards,

jose
    Regards,

2smart4phone
    According to the article I just read, Verizon would have to pony up 1 billion to pay to Nextel (in addition to any other details to the deal) if they plan to merge. That's a pretty hefty "fee" that could sour any plans...
    YEAH!!!

Finally Nextgel will have decent service. When the 650 cme out and Sprint offered some special promotions to REALTORS that was my last straw for Nextel. I must have been psychich for moving from Nextel to Sprint.
    My Bluetooth "Toys"

Sprint Treo 700p
    2005 Dodge Magnum RT w/UConnect
    HP DeskJet 450wbt
    Not to rain on the parade, but.......

There is still the possibility that Verizon will try to do a hostile takeover of Sprint, making the Sprint/Nextel deal null and void, and sucking us Sprint users into the hell of Verizon. Watch the next couple of weeks, if Verizon trys this it will have to be soon.
    YAY! I'm in a Sprint affiliate territory (Airgate PCS) and I HATE them. I REALLY REALLY hope this will improve the sprint coverage here... eventually...
    BOFH/Chavous Camp

Don't know what BOFH stands for? See here.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Ok.. new name I'm voting for - "Sextel" .. It's got a nice ring to it....

Every time a 2 way messgae comes in, it can make the noise from the restraunt scene in When Harry met Sally. That should keep folks phones quiet in the movie theatre....
    No!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast