1.    #1  
    I was checking my sprint pcs plan and I noticed a sickening change.
    Instead of my usual unlimited text messages, I saw that I was limited to 100.
    I called sprint and the CSR was very helpful and annotated my account that I should have unlimited text messages and said that I haven't been charged for any of the messages that I have sent. Not sure how they saw fit to ungrandfather me but I was upset.
    So be warned and check on your plans for any sprint foolishness
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
  2.    #2  
    Well apparently they forgot to apply some code to make it unlimited. I am now back right again. Yes I called the CSR at 2:30AM EST. If I am up working so should they lol :-)
    I'd check still though
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    This happened to me. The add-a-phone on my account is an SMS able phone that was grandfathered for unlimited SMS when Sprint rolled out MO-SMS. Last month Sprint offered me another add-a-phone for free (free vision-less phone and no monthly charge - Thank You SPRINT) but SMS charged extra if I want it. I made sure that no other changes were made to my account. But alas, when I checked my account online, it showed my grandfathered unlimited SMS disappeared on my former add-a-phone. All the while I though I got something for nothing. So an eventful call to CSR to credit back SMS charges and reinstate unlimited SMS. I thought I was going to get the spiel about 'since I authorized the change... nothing they could do.' NO PROBLEM with Sprint CSR - everything back the way it was with a free line and phone. Be warned that when you make changes to your account, make sure that unlimited SMS does not get botched.
    Last edited by ChemEngr; 12/07/2004 at 12:46 PM.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but I just noticed the same thing. In fact, after reviewing my last year's worth of statements online, I noticed that prior to the August-September 2004 statement, my "PCS Wireless Web Messages" said unlimited. After the August/September statement it now says only 100 available.

Normally I don't go over 100 anyway, but last month I hit almost 200 messages and got a nice fat charge on my invoice. Needless to say I wasn't happy about it, and called Sprint to get it fixed, which they did.

Interestingly, in addition to crediting my account for the overage, she reduced my Vision plan from $15/month to $10/month, and then added the $5/month unlimited SMS plan. So the net result is that I'm paying the same amount, and getting what I should be getting. Sorta nice though, as I suppose if I wanted to dump the $5 unlimited SMS plan in the future I probably could do so and yet still keep the cheaper ($10) Vision plan....
    I have $10/month for both unlimited Vision and unlimited SMS - this was the original Sprint PCS vision plan from about 4 years ago. I guess I'm great-grandfathered into it..
    Palm Pilot 1000 -> Sprint TP-3000 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 650