1.    #1  
    can anyone tell me how sprint's coverage is in long beach? i have t-mobile on my T600, and it sucks. coverage is weak, and data is dirt slow (slower than dial-up). thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben74
    can anyone tell me how sprint's coverage is in long beach? i have t-mobile on my T600, and it sucks. coverage is weak, and data is dirt slow (slower than dial-up). thanks.
    Try Cingular first. The coverage is fantastic here, especially since the merger. Have T-mobile unlock your phone and go to Cingular and get a sim and try it out. They have 30 day trial. Anyway if coverage there is anything like the OC, you are better off with Cingular than SPrint. I have a Treo with Cing and a Samsung 330i with Sprint, I am dumping the Sprint for 2 650's with Cing. I also have a phone with T-Maybe and your right about them.
  3.    #3  
    thanks for your input, but i want to know about long beach specifically. coverage could be completely different in OC.
    the coverage is great. much better than nextel's.
    Ben74:

I live in Belmont Shore (actually Belmont Park which is the north side of 2nd if you know the area). My Sprint coverage is acceptable in the front half of my house (the side closest to the street). It is unreliable in the back half of my house. If you look hard enough on Sprint's Business site, you can find antenna maps of the area. You'll see that we don't have too much coverage in the shores, but plenty elsewhere depending on where you live. I certainly am pleased with the coverage when I'm out and about, but I could not turn off my landline. This reception level is very similar(though not quite as bad in the back side of the house as with Sprint) when I was on Verizon.

Another reference point: my cousin and her husband live on Ocean in one of those high rise condo complexes. Their cingular coverage sucks bad there, but my Sprint Treo 650 (and previously 600) gets excellent reception there. I think they need phones that will do 850 Mhz though.
  6.    #6  
    thanks for the info guys!