Page 1 of 39 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well, I made a serial cable for Treo 650. (I will post later)

And all efforts we did before at this forum worked fine. (Changing MSL, PRL ...)

But I cannot make a call to verizon CS. So, I didnot register yet.

Tomorrow, I will call to verizon CS and try to active treo 650.

Why not try and activate the ESN online?
    You are the best mines...definitely keep us tuned in regarding to your cable.

I think they sort of changed the ESN activation online...somtimes it just gives you a link to call the CS number when you put in a questionable ESN number.

Hey moderators, can we merge all of the Verizon converge 650s into one thread?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX
    Why not try and activate the ESN online?
    Because Verizon changed not to allow activate non verizon phone in the web.
    Ah. Keep us posted.
  6.    #6  
    I called CS and activeted Treo 650 sucessfully.

I test express network and works great. Web Suffing & Mail work fine!
    thanks for the update but what about the cable? I tried looking all over the internet for a compatible cable. Did you MacGyver the cable?
  8.    #8  
    About the cable...

According to PalmOne, Treo 650 used same multi-port as Tunsgten T5.

I downloaded PDF files from PalmOne and read about multi connector.
    Multi connector has RX/TX Serial pins, but the output is 3.3V level. Not regular RS-232C revel.

There are several approaches to convert regular RS-232C to 3.3V TTL level. Using "Line Driver Chip". If you google "Dreamcast Serial cable", you can find many information. DreamCast Serial output uses same 3.3V level.

However, I choose more fast way.

1) Bought Tungsten T5 USB/HotSync/Charging cable at eaby around 10$.
    2) Got FutureDial Mobile Phone Data Cable for LG 1200, VX6000 Model (Cable #19) at Radio Shack around 20$
    3) Opened the dongle in the middle of FutureDial cable, and I checked the Chip. They used Prolific PL2303 USB to RS-232 Bridge, and line driver level is 3.3V WOW!
    4) Disassembled the Tungsten T5 cable and FutureDial Connector, and Connected TX, RX, GND 3 pins.
    5) Installed Future Dial USB2Serial Driver and run PST software.

Rock & Roll~

PS) I will post more details about the cable.
    Mines, you can make some good money making those cables for us future converters. Or would you mind "donating" yours for all to use.

If you can take some photos and do a step by step. I can make a downloadable PDF for people to use..it pays to be in the graphics business. Let me know.
  10.    #10  
    I will post step by step instruction with photo
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Super! Let us know if you have any problems. Now I REALLY can't wait for my 650.
    Mines, can you confirm if the Sprint Bluetooth DUN profile will work on Verizon's network as well? Thanks!

Excellent work!!

Quote Originally Posted by mines
    I will post step by step instruction with photo
    Last edited by illustreous; 11/24/2004 at 02:08 PM.
    Wow!!!! That is impressive! Congrats!
    Awesome!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    wow what about data! good to go?

also if you hard reset the phone, its not going to clear all the hacked data/info for it work on verizon is it? cuz we know the 650 and hard resets love each other till you can find the just right combo.
    Last edited by wahili; 11/24/2004 at 02:45 PM.
    wahli,
    Just like the converted Treo 600, if you hard reset, the hacked info is not deleted. I believe the 650 will have the same result.
    After my Sprint experience the past few days I'm all abotu Radio Shack and Ebay! Woohoo!
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Mines, awesome work!! I'll get to that as soon as you post how to hack the cable. Here's my question. I've been gathering all the software (bitPIM, PST etc....) software. I've been readin the thread on how to convert the Sprint T600 to Verizon in this thread (http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...3&page=1&pp=20). Is that how you converted the Sprint T650 to Verizon? Or are there some minor changes, because I was going to follow that thread to convert it.

Thanks!!

P.S - You can't use the supplied USB hotsync cable and use a Serial port to USB adapter?

~C
    Oh man, looks like I am going to have to switch my GSM order to CDMA with ViennaChannels....

Nice......
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Embob007
    Mines, awesome work!! I'll get to that as soon as you post how to hack the cable. Here's my question. I've been gathering all the software (bitPIM, PST etc....) software. I've been readin the thread on how to convert the Sprint T600 to Verizon in this thread (http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...3&page=1&pp=20). Is that how you converted the Sprint T650 to Verizon? Or are there some minor changes, because I was going to follow that thread to convert it.

~C
    Sorry if I am redundant but do we follow the same instructions as the link above states to get the T650 to work on verizon?
Page 1 of 39 12345611 ... LastLast