Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I would make sure that the USB port you plugged the T650 into is in fact COM 4. I have two USB ports on the front of my comp. and one is COM 4 and the COM 5. Im not sure if this applies but I did it anyways, make sure that if you have one that the Serial port on your comp is enabled. Just try switching USB slots on your comp and see if that works.

Mo
    SloMo- thanks for the help but it didn't work. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling both future dial at bitpim and tried different com ports, but nothing worked. I keep getting the msg that phone is not responding while transitioning mode from none to brew. Any other suggestions????
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    What does it say when you go to the settings tab on Bitpim and hit "browse" nest to the COM 4 selection? Does it show it active? Have you pushed "##3424" to enable the pass thru mode?
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Did you check the baud rate you are using? Mines said he had success with 115200 bps. I know when I have used BitPim in the past, that the correct baud rate was essential to gettig a connection.

What are you using for a cable? Did you build one like Mines did?
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    When in "Device Manager" on your computer does it show "Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port COM4 under "Ports Com and LPT"? If it doesnt then you are not connected and I would try switching USB ports until it shows up in the device manager.
    OK here's a dumb question- how do you change the baud rate? I'm using a cable I bought from mines.

Ah hah, I'm in. No more error messages! but if someone can tell me how to change the baud rate I'd appreciate it. sorry if it's a dumb question
    Quote Originally Posted by keswick
    SloMo- thanks for the help but it didn't work. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling both future dial at bitpim and tried different com ports, but nothing worked. I keep getting the msg that phone is not responding while transitioning mode from none to brew. Any other suggestions????
    Did you enable diagnostic mode on the Treo 650? ##DIAG
    (##3424)
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by keswick
    OK here's a dumb question- how do you change the baud rate? I'm using a cable I bought from mines.

Ah hah, I'm in. No more error messages! but if someone can tell me how to change the baud rate I'd appreciate it. sorry if it's a dumb question

Not a dumb question at all. Here is how it works in WinXP.

1) Go to device manager
    2) Select "Ports" Node
    3) Right-Click on the COM port you are using (i.e. Com1, Com2, Com3, etc..)
    4) Select "Port Settings" Tab
    5) Change Baud Rate via the Drop Down List Box labeled "Bits per second"
    Last edited by DerekTheGeek; 12/22/2004 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Bad Spelling
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Now that your in....make sure you copy down both 6 number series. The first is the one time unlock code and the second is the MSL. You'll need the MSL to access your phone in Chameleon.
    the problem was there was a step missing in mines' instructions, so for anyone else doing the conversion- you have to hit ##3424 + dial before going to the filesystem tab.
    woohoo, moving right along. another road block though- in the instructions once in chameleon service programming a window pops up w/service programming code- "please enter the SPC" and shows six zeros. Mines instructions says to enter MSL or OKTSL. I wrote them both down but have to say, doesn't sound right to enter either or. Shouldn't it be one or the other????
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    keswick.. any chance you could post some up close shots of the internals of the cable mines built? I am looking to build my own but I want to make sure I am connecting things they way they should be.
    so in the window that's called service programming code, do I enter the MSL as the SPC? And do I click the little box that says remember SPC??
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    You need to enter the MSL. The one time unlock code OTKSL is good for, you guessed it, one time only. After the one use it will not unlock the phone. Use the MSL to enter Chameleon and read your phone. While in Chameleon you can also change the banner form "Sprint" to "Verizon". I tried Verizon Wireless but that was too many letters. Go "Display" and look for the "Banner" tab and type in whatever you want up to 14 characters.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Just use the MSL. You should be fine.
    OK, I entered the MSL and all went well. Thanks guys for getting back to me so quickly! I went thru all the steps, and then when it says to write all items to phone the svc programming code window popped up again saying "please enter SPC code" and it once again showed six zeros. Do I enter the MSL again or leave the zeros? Do I click the remember the SPC box??
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Enter the previous MSL again. Make sure you save the original MSL somewhere just in case you need to put your phone back to Sprint mode. After you are done, when anything asks for the MSL you now enter "000000."
    I feel like I'm missing a step. When I cross check the instructions from activating a t650/and/or t/600 there is a step in there step# 14- change "directory" and "IMSI_S" boxes to your 10 digit Verizon phone number. In fact steps 10-15 are not on Mines' instructions. Help, I'm almost there.....
    Could someone please repost or PM me with a URL for Chameleon? Making the cable now and have all other software and files. Thanks for the help!
    can anyone help me.....I'm still stuck. I'm on the very last step before writing data to phone but feel I'm missing a step. Nowhere in the instructions did it say to enter my verizon phone number but in the activate t600 instructions it did. somebody help. I can't leave my phone like this......
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog76
    Could someone please repost or PM me with a URL for Chameleon? Making the cable now and have all other software and files. Thanks for the help!
    MadDog76..check your forum personal messages
Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast