Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    When you did the activation, did the VZW CSR question the validity of the ESN or did they just do it for you?
    Quote Originally Posted by addicted2quack
    When you did the activation, did the VZW CSR question the validity of the ESN or did they just do it for you?
    When I activated my 650 at Verizon they tried telling me that the ESN was blocked since it was a sprint phone. After talking to various CSMs over the phone for a couple hours, I decided to go to the local store. They told me it would not work but after I assured them that it would work, they used the new ESN and it worked to their amazement. So call a CSM and if they give you flack, go to the local store.

My guess is they may be starting to reject 650s because they don't like having equipment on their network that is not approved and tested.
  3.    #123  
    I made 4 serial cables for Treo 650/Tungsten T5. Anybody interests, please PM or eMail me
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    It only took me two tries to get my my T650 activated. I first tried to set up another line but the CSR said my ESN was not in the system and could not activate it. Next I tried an ESN swap with my T600. I told the CSR that my T600 was being fixed and that I had this loaner that I "desparately" needed activated. When I give the CSR the ESN she thought it was an Audiovox so I just went along with it. She said it was not showing up in their system and asked what model it was. I told her it was a CDM9100 (Verizon discontinued model). A few minutes later after she talked to tech support, WAM BAM my T650 was activated. Maybe I just got lucky but IT WORKS! So I guess you just need to keep trying and it is probably easier for them to do an ESN swap rather than a whole new line.

Mo
    If I buy this phone : http://cgi.ebay.com...... would it actually be ready to go on the Verizon Wireless network or is this guy just pulling everybody's leg? On the questions from ebay buyers it reads:

"Q: Is this for Sprint, Verizon or any? Do you offer next day air? Thanks Victor answered on: Dec-13-04
    A: Please email me at queenmonaco@aol.com THANKS! It is cdma for sprint and verizon also. I also have gsm unlocked model too>"

so thats what leads me to believe it will work with Verizon but it seems odd that he wants you to contact him through his AOL email instead of bidding on ebay. Any thoughts or comments on this would be greatly appreciated.
    I just ordered a serial cable from mines and want to thank him for the prompt response and will let everyone how it goes when I get it AND the Treo 650.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Are any of the 650 users on Verizon experiencing the same extended green arrow problem as with the 600? More specifically, I mean the inadvertent connections to the data network when resting in dormant data mode (grey arrows) which causes many of the 600 users on verizon to miss calls as they're routed to voice mail. Any insight would be appreciated.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...n+green+arrows
    Bodeism,

That phone on ebay that you mention is a scam. If you send an email back to the email address, you will get an email directing you to send money ($300) through Western Union, probably to Romania. Ebay has had quite a few scams concerning the Treo 650. Do your homework carefully before buying from ebay.
    Hello all,

I've been reading just about every post on this site and have learned an awful lot. I was wondering 2 things.

1. Is it still possible to convert a 600 to verizon from sprint?

2. To all of you members that have recently upgraded to the 650, what are you doing with your old 600's. I would really like to buy one very soon. If anyone would be interested in selling please contact me at this email. samuelstorm1@comcast.net
  10.    #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by samsneed
    Hello all,

I've been reading just about every post on this site and have learned an awful lot. I was wondering 2 things.

1. Is it still possible to convert a 600 to verizon from sprint?

2. To all of you members that have recently upgraded to the 650, what are you doing with your old 600's. I would really like to buy one very soon. If anyone would be interested in selling please contact me at this email. samuelstorm1@comcast.net
    1. Still possible.
    2. I want to sell
    mines- check your private message.
    While I am seriously in awe of all the detailed, well documented efforts made here; in the truest geek admiration I do not understand why one would want to go through all this effort. Obviously there is a reason enough for each of you that have done it; might you share a few with me?

I am just curious of the reasons or benefits you are getting by switching a Sprint unit over to Verizon.

Looking forward to hearing the reasons.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Here is the most obvious reason:

To use a 650 on VZW at least 6 months before VZW starts to sell the phone through it's distribution channels.
    brianwhi,

I figured it probably was but I was still kind of hoping that it wasn't . I'll probably just buy one from the palmone site and try doing it myself since it seems a lot of you are doing it and ending up successful with only minor problems along the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by ambtreo
    Here is the most obvious reason:

To use a 650 on VZW at least 6 months before VZW starts to sell the phone through it's distribution channels.
    Yeah, got that one...first one up everest and all...so be it, and the others? Just copycating? First one in there neighborhood? I thoroughly respect the geek factor, just wondering if there were any reasons close to practical...
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyparanoid
    Yeah, got that one...first one up everest and all...so be it, and the others? Just copycating? First one in there neighborhood? I thoroughly respect the geek factor, just wondering if there were any reasons close to practical...
    I think having an excellent phone to use on the network of your choosing is enough of a practical explanation. If the 650 was available on Vz, or if the 600 was available when I needed a new phone, I would not bother with this at all.
    Is there anyone who has bought a t650 and not been able to get it to work on the vzw network? Im really considering to do it, but alittle weary of me being the only guy it doesn't work for after putting down 6 bills for it. Also does anyone know if i can get one without the sprint logo on it and if i can get one for less than the standard $599 price?
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I don't want to sound dumb here but if I do a ESN swap to Verizon and don't do anything else, will I be still be able to use Sprints Data and Biz Connect?
    I still have a year left on my Sprint account and would like to use something to make me feel better about paying them.
    That won't work. you still need to do something to reprogram the phone. Whatever number you have programmed into the phone will determine which provider's network will be used. So you can only have Verizon or Sprint but not both and Sprint's data connection only works while on their network.
    Ok, I've read this entire thread twice now and I'm still a little confused. Is there some sort of hack required on the 650 before activation with Verizon will work? Is that what the USB cable is all about? I really don't want or need a cable since my PowerBook has BlueTooth, which in my opinion is one of the 650's best features.

Can someone give a simple step-by-step guide on how to activate a Sprint 650 on Verizon?

And where have you guys who've done this already been buying your 650s? Are there any deals to be had anywhere or are we paying full retail to make this happen?

Thanks,

Cool Cat
Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast