Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 762
  1. #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by tuctboh
    I wrote a backend that people could point Picture Mail to and would work by sending the picture instead of telling the user to go to a certain web page. It never really got much interest especially when that other Camera App came out. So if the protocol is the same, I still offer up my server.
    Can you explain how this works alittle better? As of now if I want to take and send pictures, I take picture and then attach it to an email in versamail and send to any email address (not a phone). If I receive a pic mail I have to go visit verizons website on blazer.

    What is this "backend" and server? Can I send a picture mail to another phone? Or receive pics into my phone from another phone?

    DOes anyone know if it is just a coding thing inside the software of the pic messaging program?

    I tries to beam myself the files from the real verizon treo 600 MMS program. But it won't become an appilication on my 650 for some reason. Maybe becuase it was a ROM program.

    Any insites?
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by cr650
    I tries to beam myself the files from the real verizon treo 600 MMS program. But it won't become an appilication on my 650 for some reason. Maybe becuase it was a ROM program.
    Original Verizon MMS software cannot run under sprint version. Because, MMS software check some phone library and it requires verizon phone library.

    And about picture mail, Sprint and Verison use different protocol. Just send a picture message thru versa mail. If you want to send to other verizon wireless cell phone, it must require verizon software.
  3. #83  
    Guys--Been lurking on this thread for a couple of days. There is a reference in the Treo 600 Sprint to Verizon thread to a cable from Amco Cellular. Here's the link:

    http://www.amco-cellular.com/02-0403-00.html

    Does that get us anywhere??
  4. #84  
    Those cables seem to be for a 600 only. It looks like the company assumed the 650 was the same as the 600.
  5. #85  
    Could be--the picture DOES show 2 seperate connectors.
  6. #86  
    Should BitPim be seeing it as the LG-VX4400? I seem to get timeouts.
  7. #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by tuctboh
    Should BitPim be seeing it as the LG-VX4400? I seem to get timeouts.
    Never mind, took apart, continuity checked, plugged back in and it worked.
    But now I didn't realize it the newer Kyocera stuff wasn't available permanently. Only find sites to pay for download. Is there some soul putting it up gratis?

    Thanks, Tuc
  8. #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by cr650
    Can you explain how this works alittle better? As of now if I want to take and send pictures, I take picture and then attach it to an email in versamail and send to any email address (not a phone). If I receive a pic mail I have to go visit verizons website on blazer.

    What is this "backend" and server? Can I send a picture mail to another phone? Or receive pics into my phone from another phone?

    DOes anyone know if it is just a coding thing inside the software of the pic messaging program?

    I tries to beam myself the files from the real verizon treo 600 MMS program. But it won't become an appilication on my 650 for some reason. Maybe becuase it was a ROM program.

    Any insites?
    It uses the installed picturemail, you type who to and a message, and it then mails them with a message and attachment of the photo.
  9. #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by GarySeven
    Could be--the picture DOES show 2 seperate connectors.
    No, one is a power connector so you can charge it while its plugged in. They changed the site, no longer mentions 650.
  10. #90  
    Thx, Tuctboh! Sorry that was a dead end.
  11. #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by tuctboh
    Never mind, took apart, continuity checked, plugged back in and it worked.
    But now I didn't realize it the newer Kyocera stuff wasn't available permanently. Only find sites to pay for download. Is there some soul putting it up gratis?

    Thanks, Tuc
    Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?
  12. #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by tuctboh
    Because of this USB/Serial setup I'm a little concerned that my secondary purpose for this phone (So I can hook to my FreeBSD laptop and use it) will work.
    Hey, another FreeBSD user, sweet
    it should work without too much trouble; a few serial commands and configuring PPP correctly should do the trick. do let me know how that goes as I'll be configuring my Treo 650 to do the same when my new laptop comes (have a 2 year old powerbook + T600 at the moment...)
  13. #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron.glenn
    Hey, another FreeBSD user, sweet
    it should work without too much trouble; a few serial commands and configuring PPP correctly should do the trick. do let me know how that goes as I'll be configuring my Treo 650 to do the same when my new laptop comes (have a 2 year old powerbook + T600 at the moment...)
    Hi,

    Well, not going to get anywhere because I'm short the Kyocera tool. I *FINALLY* found it somewhere, and after 4 hours of finally DCCing it, IT HAS NO PLUGINS! I'm dying here, can SOMEONE help me.... Mines??????
  14. #94  
    Tuc,
    You have mail (PM).
    Last edited by drxacto; 12/03/2004 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Addition of info
  15. #95  
    Tuc,
    Check your PM and email.
  16. #96  
    FINALLY! Thanks drxacto..... I'm back on my way again. Before I took my T600 off and put my T650 on VZW, since I use it mainly for data, is there a way that somehow I could serial or bluetooth PPP from the T650 to my laptop and have it act as the internet connection? Then I could test all my apps first.
  17. #97  
    I converted my phone to Verizon and when I called Verizon to give them my ESN like I did a year earlier for my Treo 600, they told me the ESN was blocked. They asked me what kind of phone it was and I told them it was a 600 (hoping they would just do it). That didn't work, after being on hold for a while i told them the phone used to be a Sprint phone and that it was a 650. After being on hold for another 10 minutes, they came back and said it was blocked and they could not figure out how to get it to work. I finally gave up and went to the Verizon store.

    The service technician looked at the phone and said it won't work because Sprint does everything different. I told him trust me it will work, just try and program my new ESN. He resisted but finally did it and after a couple minutes he said "wow, it does work".

    I'm glad I didn't give up because I love the 650.
  18. #98  
    Can somebody please send me a copy of mine's Kyocera PST Chameleon.

    Thanks in advance.
  19. #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by archman3145
    Can somebody please send me a copy of mine's Kyocera PST Chameleon.

    Thanks in advance.
    Check your PM

    drxacto
  20. #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron.glenn
    Hey, another FreeBSD user, sweet
    it should work without too much trouble; a few serial commands and configuring PPP correctly should do the trick. do let me know how that goes as I'll be configuring my Treo 650 to do the same when my new laptop comes (have a 2 year old powerbook + T600 at the moment...)
    Its working MOSTLY. I have reverse DUN working on 5.2.1 . You need to pick up the sdpd from Maksim Yevmenkin, but once you do, and configure rfcomm_pppd and an ipnat, it rocks. I'm testing all my comm apps without even having the phone on a carrier.
Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions