Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin922
    Just out of curiousity, will verizon do this without giving any flack? (activate a non verizon esn?)

or did mines just get lucky finding someone who didn't know better.
    Well, I just called and tell the CS.

"I have an old motorola startec. Please active the phone."
    Quote Originally Posted by justin801
    under the "Roam" tab
    So when you "read from phone" there is a "browse" button to upload the new PRL. Or when you "save to file", it saves the old PRL to the same folder as the config file you are saving.
  3.    #63  
    I downloaded Verizon Wireless Sync and works great! No problem.
    I'm installing bluetooth stack & dongle in my computer now. Let's see!
    Thank you Mines, I got my treo 650 working.
    Nice job justin801! Did you do it with a serial cable for the Treo 650 or a converter? I am alittle confused.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenzytom
    Nice job justin801! Did you do it with a serial cable for the Treo 650 or a converter? I am alittle confused.
    I did it with a adapter that fit onto the serial cable from the treo 600.
    Quote Originally Posted by justin801
    I did it with a adapter that fit onto the serial cable from the treo 600.

Where did you get that adapter from?!
    Do you know if SMS works correctly ? Also any of the programs currently on the 650 that look like would be specific to Sprint services that may not work with Verizon ?
    Quote Originally Posted by cr650
    Where did you get that adapter from?!
    Got it from a friend that work for P1.
  10.    #70  
    I tested bluetooth DUN. works fine.
    Last edited by mines; 11/29/2004 at 08:05 PM.
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by MacInfo
    Do you know if SMS works correctly ? Also any of the programs currently on the 650 that look like would be specific to Sprint services that may not work with Verizon ?
    Treo 650 for sprint version contains some sprint exclusive software. But general applications (versa mail, blazer, and sms) work without problem.
    Do you think they will sell that adapter in the future or is it a one-of-a-kind adapter?
    Mines, how do I get the SPrint Vision to not come up when I want to connect to Verizon Express. So far I entered a new data connection as Virtual modem with my:
    user name as myphone@vzw3g.com
    pass vzw
    phone no. #777

But it wont default to that it says that it need to download some stuff for the Sprint Vision Network.
    Mines, how do I get the SPrint Vision to not come up when I want to connect to Verizon Express. So far I entered a new data connection as Virtual modem with my:
    user name as myphone@vzw3g.com
    pass vzw
    phone no. #777

But it wont default to that it says that it need to download some stuff for the Sprint Vision Network.
    This is what Mines give me and it work great!!!!

Go into Network Preferences --> menu key --> Options --> View Log
    2. Type in: "pdpset 1" and hit the enter key...then hit done

and

4. Create a new service connection...
    5. Hit menu, select New, and fill in:
    Service: Express Network
    Connection: High Speed Wireless
    User Name: your10digitphonenum@vzw3g.com
    Password: vzw
    6. Click on Details, click off Mobile IP, then OK
    7. Click on Connect and watch your tower icon change to data mode

And you must verify your plan can use express network.
    My T650 came today, but now I have to wait until Wednesday until my cable comes. :-/ While I'm sure in the long run this new connector will be better, its not winning my favor currently. Because of this USB/Serial setup I'm a little concerned that my secondary purpose for this phone (So I can hook to my FreeBSD laptop and use it) will work.
    Quote Originally Posted by mines
    I downloaded Verizon Wireless Sync and works great! No problem.
    I'm installing bluetooth stack & dongle in my computer now. Let's see!
    MINES!!!!! You are the BEST!

Thank you!
    I would like to thank everyone for their help so far.
    BUT I HAVE ANOTHER HURDLE!

I got the express network to connect, but I can't seem to send picture mail. It gets stuck on a window that says "Connecting..." and it never finishes. Any suggestions? Has anyone tried Picture messaging yet?
    Last edited by cr650; 11/29/2004 at 08:28 PM.
    I got the express network to connect, but I can't seem to send picture mail. It gets stuck on a window that says "Connecting..." and it never finishes. Any suggestions? Has anyone tried Picture messaging yet?
    I'm not sure if anyone ever got the 600 working with picture mail either. Frankly, I really don't need to be sending pictures around town. I rarely even do that with my PC.
    Another "out of curiousity" question - does this type of modification void the warranty on the phone? Forinstance, if we do this and our screen goes out (has nothing to do with the programming change, just a hardware defect) will palmone get the device and say you voided your warranty?

Kevin
    Quote Originally Posted by GalenMD
    I'm not sure if anyone ever got the 600 working with picture mail either. Frankly, I really don't need to be sending pictures around town. I rarely even do that with my PC.
    I wrote a backend that people could point Picture Mail to and would work by sending the picture instead of telling the user to go to a certain web page. It never really got much interest especially when that other Camera App came out. So if the protocol is the same, I still offer up my server.
Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast