Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2833343536373839 LastLast
    I have a Sprint Treo 650 that I converted to Verizon. Now I need to take it back to Sprint.

Can anyone give me an *****'s guide to reversing the Verizon hack?

Thanks!
    I also have a sprint 650 and am wanting to switch to verizon, so I'm interested in trading. I live in the Chicago area but can ship.
    Hello,

I own a website where I advertise for local cell phone unlocking and repair centers all across the country. All of our affiliates need to be able to reprogram Treo650 cell phones. We have the software but what we don't have is the custom cables you guys describe here and no one wants to take the time to try to build one. We would like to purchase them. Please call us if anyone has them for sale.. 1-800-891-0522 or go to our website for other options to contact us. http://www.unlocktotalk.com

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mines View Post
    I spent long time with Verizon ROM Updater with Sprint Device.

Treo has two OS on it. one is PalmOS and the other is CDMA OS (Firmware).

Verizon Updater contains both of them. PalmOS updater I did with Shadowmite way, however CDMA updater could not work as we think about. CDMA updater has Sprint version and verizon version both together. When CDMA updater is executed, it detects which version CDMA module has. Then update firmware. So, Version CDMA updater does not change Sprint CDMA as Verizon CDMA module. Actually module is same, but the setting and configurations os NVRAM is different.

I will try it more and update here.

Does anyone have more details about the CDMA Firmware? I am able to get into the CDMA bootloader for the 700p, and dump the CDMA bootloader ... but not the nvram or the CDMA os, because I don't know the location of them.
    Ive been reading through this up and down. So I finally decided to register. I Figured that I can use this to unlock an earthlink phone. The only thing is I cant find those cables. Does anybody still have them. I need to buy one so I can put my phone on Verizon. Or is there a different cable that I can use now.
    Last edited by ajksdhka; 02/15/2007 at 06:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajksdhka View Post
    Ive been reading through this up and down. So I finally decided to register. I Figured that I can use this to unlock an earthlink phone. The only thing is I cant find those cables. Does anybody still have them. I need to buy one so I can put my phone on Verizon. Or is there a different cable that I can use now.
    Futuredial cables are no longer being sold in RadioShack. You can find them online but they cost $30 plus shipping. I found a Prolific USB to serial adapter on ebay for $1, $7 after shipping. I bought two and tore one apart to make sure it had the same PL-2303 chip inside. I've been working on getting it to work, but have had no luck. I have pin 8 on the treo to pin 5 on serial connector and pin 11 to pin 2, pin 10 to pin 3 respectively. I've done alot of searching and can't find any other way it can work. If anyone has any tips please help.

I am also trying to unlock an Earthlink phone. My contract with them has expired and I bought the phone outright in the beginning but they still won't give me the MSL. Last time I spoke to them about it they said the phone is worthless now and I may as well throw it away. I expect there are going be alot of people trying to do this with earthlink phones soon since their contracts are starting to end and they refuse to renew. They are setting up their network with Helio and moving to a GSM network so the CDMA treo 650's won't work on their new network anyway. I spoke with a tech at Cricket who is interested in knowing if my cable works. So if I can get it to unlock he will help me set it up on Cricket. To get it setup on Verizon you have to find an ESN that is in their database otherwise they won't let you use the phone on their network and sprint is the same way. A friend of mine works at the movie theater and she said she gets lost phones there all time. I think as long as they are not reported stolen you can use the ESN for your treo.
    Last edited by biglanceinboise; 02/28/2007 at 07:19 PM. Reason: missed something
    I am responding to an old thread. Can someone give me help? I have a Treo 650 and use Verizon as my carrier. As you know, Verizon does something to their phones that prevents me from using the blue tooth feature to link my phone to my car (Toyota Prius). My car has the ability to make and receive calls from certain bluetooth enabled phones. But because I have Verizon, it can't be done. A Cingulair Treo 650 will make the connection in my car just fine.

This thread had a few ideas, but it is an old thread. Do any of you have a current way to circumvent this problem and make a bluetooth /Treo 650-Car link with my Verizon phone?

grateful for any help
    caroline
    I was able to successfully unlock my earthlink treo 650! I found a futuredial cable at cellularaccessory.com that worked. It only cost $11. I got a treo usb data cable off ebay for $6. I did not need to do any soldering. The spring pins on the treo data cable can be easily taken out and moved around with needle nose pliers. It's just a matter of color coding the wires. So the cable only cost me a total of $17. I have bitpim, qpst, and a cricket prl. Bitpim worked perfectly. I could not find the chamelon pst but found the kyocera pst v3.6.94 which works perfectly with the treo. I got a recent cricket prl, but everything I've been able to find tells me the data service won't work unless you flash the 650 with cricket firmware. Cricket claims they have no idea what I'm talking about and referred me to a 3rd party who flashes phones for them. They said they can't do it for the treo 650 and suggested I search forums to find the cricket firmware for the treo 650. Does anybody have it? I've looked everywhere. I can trade some other software for it. I have a massive collection. Please someone respond!
    Hi,
    I urgently need Kyocera Wireless PST Chameleon suit, I have seached it, I cant get it,
    Br
    I dont need software I need to know ifthere is anybody who can make up a cable for me to use on my 650... I cant find the futuredial cable anywhere to save my life.

If you can help drop me a PM or an email to hreality[at]gmail.com with your price and maybe I can work something out!.
    Quote Originally Posted by HarshReality View Post
    I dont need software I need to know ifthere is anybody who can make up a cable for me to use on my 650... I cant find the futuredial cable anywhere to save my life.

If you can help drop me a PM or an email to hreality[at]gmail.com with your price and maybe I can work something out!.
    Dropped you a PM.
    I have the original cable I bought from the original poster, mines, for sale. He is the guy who created this cable and help us TCers with this thread. You can have it for $30 + shipping. Let me know if you need some photos. The cable is working and in new condition considering he put the cables together. Drop me a PM if you are interested.
    Got your payment coming Mon in the AM... what I am doing is experimenting with a CDMA treo 650.. seeing if I can getrid of the modem branding and some other issues so I can use it on my Sprint network (yea, I got a hookup that will add the ESN to my account) at any rate last time I tried to flash the sprint firmware it errored out and I had to do a hard reset. But in the end, Id like to put default firmware (modem and nvr) on the thing so its running 100% Sprint. The current codes indicate verizon but its unlocked so its my new project.
    Well, here is where I stand.. I got in, trick is its telling me the PRL files and the like are protected. (for those just tuning in its a treo 650 CDMA). So until I figure out a side door to force overwrting of system files I cant really test modifications :/

P.S. Thanks FT the cable came in this morning and works great!
    OK, Im going to bounce it off the wall... I cant overwrite PRL or anything (yes, I have the MSL code) so if anybody knows how I can get unrestricted write access to this thing let me know, I dont care if its constructing a flash file or other. Drop a PM or email.

I have some kinky ideas and cant do squat and its getting frustrating.
    Well, I have a 650 CDMA with a clear ESN and looking for a Sprint 650 any takers?
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    have you changed the msl to "000000" yet?

I've been re-reading this thread for days, but haven't gotting my cable to work... from what I've read you need to change to msl in order to make the other changes. you also need either QPST or KPST along with BITPIM. (looks like you've got software)

near bottom of page: http://php.chol.com/~mines/photo/028/

Good luck!

Hey guys... I NEED to buy your working CABLE, please let me know!!! got to get it asap. pm me
    Last edited by akasirro; 07/23/2007 at 03:12 AM. Reason: need to buy a cable
    Hello,

I am new to this and need help getting my sprint treo650 to work with verizon. Was looking at http://shadowmite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6225#6225 but i am unable to get the original hack http://www.nicklowicz.com/vzwfix.rar (link does not work). I was able to get the other 2 downloads and was wondering if it will still work on verizon if i install those 2 only. I just want to use this as a phone with verizon (do not need the data connection with them). Thank you and if anyone can help me please do....again thanks...

P.S If anyone has a verizon treo650 and would like to switch for this sprint treo650 that would be cool to...thanks
    Hello,
    I am in need of Kyocera Wireless PST Chameleon to complete the process.
    I heard that this may not be needed, and only BitPM is needed to set the MSL to 000000, and that is it. (ref: http://www.i-hacked.com/content/view/66/47/).
    Please come to my aid,
    -Creo
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Hi i just got my first treo 650 and was looking to mod it to work on metropcs and i have looked high and low for the Future dial cable and can't find it anywhere. does anyone know where to get this cable or one like it or have a modded cable to sell that would be great let me know please thanks and this is a great forum have been reading here for about a week and there is a wealth of info here again thanks