Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 273233343536373839 LastLast
  1.    #721  
    I can't get the screen for MMS setting.

My banner is blank. when I update the rom, there is a message "No Service".

I push #*#786 and menu -> Reset. After reset, I push #*#000000 and punch my phone number and call *288 and press 1 .

After that, "No Service" is gone but nothing display on the banner.

And phone OS is still Treo650-1.12-SPCS (Sprint Version OS). however all application are for verizon.
    Mines,

I could use the MMS setting info also. I have a Verizonized phone fron Sprint (w/ 1.08) and cannot get Picture Messaging to work. It says 'Connecting ...' then stays there. Text msging works fine, I have the $5 unlimited/50 text plan and the unlimited data plan (side story for another day).

Side question: anyone with this type of phone get VZW's Wireless Sync? My phone obviously did not come with the Verizon CD, and the VZW store says they do not have the CD's. I had just wanted to try this while playing with Chatter and SnapperMail, to see what suits me best.

Thanks!
    Palm IIIxe --> Palm 505 --> Kyocera 6035 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700wx
    Anyone have a cable they would want to lend out or rent out for 5-10 bucks? A buddy of mine has a "spare" treo 650 from sprint sitting around, and I would love to try to get it on vzw.
    Quote Originally Posted by mines
    I can sell mine.
    Can anyone sell a cable ready to use?

I can pay via Paypal, Money Order or Personal Check.

Thanks
    Has anybody discovered a way to use their treo 650 with bitpim under linux, hopefully without needing to make the cable? I'm having difficulty tracking down the components; they're not on RadioShack.com anymore. Alternatively, anybody have a cable in the Boston/Cambridge area I could borrow for a few hours?
    So, has anyone figured out the banner and MMS problems when using the Verizon ROM on their Sprint 650?
    I finally flashed the Verizon ROM last night and got all my software setup again. Looks like everything else is working properly, but I'd like to get the Banner working. MMS isn't too big of a deal for me, but it might be nice.
    HAd anyone tried to run the new Verizon update on their Sprint 650 which they modified to Verizon? Not sure if I'll screw the pooch on it or not if I do. Any feedback from the group?
  8.    #728  
    Quote Originally Posted by EdStern
    HAd anyone tried to run the new Verizon update on their Sprint 650 which they modified to Verizon? Not sure if I'll screw the pooch on it or not if I do. Any feedback from the group?
    I spent long time with Verizon ROM Updater with Sprint Device.

Treo has two OS on it. one is PalmOS and the other is CDMA OS (Firmware).

Verizon Updater contains both of them. PalmOS updater I did with Shadowmite way, however CDMA updater could not work as we think about. CDMA updater has Sprint version and verizon version both together. When CDMA updater is executed, it detects which version CDMA module has. Then update firmware. So, Version CDMA updater does not change Sprint CDMA as Verizon CDMA module. Actually module is same, but the setting and configurations os NVRAM is different.

I will try it more and update here.
    You're the expert here! Can't wait to see how you pull it off
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Hi, would this serial cable allow me to sync a T650 via my serial port? I want to know because we're still using Windows NT at the office until at least through the first half of 2006 and my T600 is starting to fail and I need a new phone!

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
    I have a Treo 650/Verizon with the latest software on it. It's 2 weeks old (after I got a free upgrade from my Kyo7135). I am switching carriers to Sprint. I was looking to unlock/convert to sprint, but I figured it's be easier to trade, if I could find a local person.

I am willing to trade with anyone in the Boston/NH/RI/CT areas.

Please privatemessage me with contact info.
    Thanks
    Matt
    Does anyone have an updated link to Kyocera PST Chameleon? I built my own cable and I have everything going well but the PST software.
    Also, a Radio Shack by my house has several of the USB2serial cables still in stock that have been getting harder to come by. Is there still interest out there in having someone build cables? I could do it.
    merc4a2@gmail.com
    I have a verizon treo 650(been using it for 6 months) and would love to switch back to alltel. My wife is still using our alltel account. Can I use my vzw treo 650 on alltel. Can i reprogram it for alltel? Who does this? I know alltel will not reprogram the phone, who can reprogram the phone?
    egyptroy@yahoo.com
    This has taken me a long time to go through.. I guess I mostly want to know if there are any of those 'mines' data cables available anywhere???

I have a brand new earthlink 650 that I want to put on my Bell Mobility plan in Canada.

Any for sale? or convertors?
    Quote Originally Posted by mines
    I spent long time with Verizon ROM Updater with Sprint Device.

Treo has two OS on it. one is PalmOS and the other is CDMA OS (Firmware).

Verizon Updater contains both of them. PalmOS updater I did with Shadowmite way, however CDMA updater could not work as we think about. CDMA updater has Sprint version and verizon version both together. When CDMA updater is executed, it detects which version CDMA module has. Then update firmware. So, Version CDMA updater does not change Sprint CDMA as Verizon CDMA module. Actually module is same, but the setting and configurations os NVRAM is different.

I will try it more and update here.
    Any status on this?
    Any ideas on how to get a VZW T650 onto the Sprint network?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23
    Any ideas on how to get a VZW T650 onto the Sprint network?
    Yes....do what I did. Buy a new Sprint T650 and eBay the VZW T650.
    Hello everyone!

A couple of questions...

Does this still work? I have a Sprint Treo650 that I have never been able to use that I would love to 'Verizonize'.

If the ESN of the phone I have is blacklisted as stolen by Sprint, will that have any bearing on activating it with Verizon? I'm not with Verizon now, but I would switch to them if I could get this Treo working.

I bought the phone on Ebay, and the person I bought it from gave me an ESN that was clear. The phone I received however, had an entirely different ESN that was, you guessed it, listed as stolen. No amount of pleading with either the seller or ebay resulted in getting my money back. So, I've been stuck with a $250 paperweight for 3 months.
    Last edited by moocow; 03/08/2006 at 12:21 PM.
    I bought this "Verizonized" 650 on eBay in July. All worked well until I stupidly got a Razr for one of my other Verizon accounts and they had to activate it on my main line (the one with the Treo) When they tried to re-activate the Treo, the ESN came up as a bad #....what can I do now? They can't activate it because it is not a Verizon phone, and the ESN comes up as non E911 compliant.

HELP!
    I did it.... Got the verizon update 1.04 on treo 650 sprint
    http://shadowmite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6160#6160