Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 26313233343536373839 LastLast
    Any one have a serial cable in the Louisville/Lexington/Cincinnati area ?

I'd like to borrow onw to verizonize my 600

TIA
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    Unless he created a new custom ROM using the 1.12 file set, he didn't as flashing with the stock 1.12 will over-write the previous ROM. Most likely the cutom ROM is still 1.08 version.
    I kinda figure that but am curious what he did. My phone is still working fine. Still would like to get those apps removed and get more memory. Yes!
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    Quote Originally Posted by simba
    I kinda figure that but am curious what he did. My phone is still working fine. Still would like to get those apps removed and get more memory. Yes!
    You are correct, I just used the current 1.08 custom ROM from Shadowmite. Sorry for the confusion. I'm holding off on updating to 1.12 until there is a way to remove those apps again.
    Just hunted around in other threads, found this one showing custom ROMs for 1.12!!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...0&page=2&pp=20
    Palm IIIxe --> Palm 505 --> Kyocera 6035 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700wx
    Just installed a custom 1.12 ROM. It went without a hitch, (except that I forgot that I had my hotsync programmed so that the "palm overwrites the desktop" for certain apps. When I sync'd, I lost my entire calender and task list accumulated over the last 6 years. Fortunately, I sync'd at another location 3 days ago so it only took me 20 minutes to re-enter my missing data).
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I got the custom rom done last night - all is well. Zlauncher caused my phone to reset so I managed to delete it and installed it back on. Everything is working just fine I need to learn how to do a custom rom seems easy from what everyone's saying
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    Concerning my Treo 600, If I can not find TREO 600 Serial HotSync Cable, can I use Serial Mobile Phone Data Cable for LG 1200 and TREO 600 USB Cable to make it as Mines did for Treo 650?

Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by mines
    Well, I made a serial cable for Treo 650. (I will post later)

And all efforts we did before at this forum worked fine. (Changing MSL, PRL ...)

But I cannot make a call to verizon CS. So, I didnot register yet.

Tomorrow, I will call to verizon CS and try to active treo 650.

Hi Mines
    Are you still active on these boards?
    I am trying to unlock a Verizon Treo 600 to work on a network in India. I am following the steps of your earlier thread and cannot get the Kyocera PST to talk the phone. have their been any changes Verizon has made that prevents me from activating my phone. Please help...Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by GalenMD
    Just installed a custom 1.12 ROM. It went without a hitch, (except that I forgot that I had my hotsync programmed so that the "palm overwrites the desktop" for certain apps. When I sync'd, I lost my entire calender and task list accumulated over the last 6 years. Fortunately, I sync'd at another location 3 days ago so it only took me 20 minutes to re-enter my missing data).
    I followed your post on unlocking. HAve a Verizon T600. Am unable to get the PST talking to the phone via the serial cable. Can you help?
    Palm just listed a ROM update for the 650.

I thought this may make for a good way to convert a Sprint phone to Vz, until I saw the following statement:
    System Requirements
    Verizon Wireless Treo 650 smartphone. You will see an error message if you attempt to install this version of the updater on any other type of Treo 650 smartphone.
    I wonder if this error message is absolute or can it be ignored. I am running smoothly with the latest Sprint firmware, so I will not mess with mine.
    Could someone please direct me to the PST Chameleon software? I have the data cable built and want to set up my 650. kc2ilq@gmail.com

-Kc2iLq
  12. abe
    Did somebody has a fresh link with the Kyocera Wireless PST Chameleon???
    Abe Estrada
    PDA México Admin
    http://www.pdamexico.net
    Quote Originally Posted by GalenMD
    Palm just listed a ROM update for the 650.

I thought this may make for a good way to convert a Sprint phone to Vz, until I saw the following statement:

I wonder if this error message is absolute or can it be ignored. I am running smoothly with the latest Sprint firmware, so I will not mess with mine.
    Any other Sprint-converted verizon users tried this update yet?
  14.    #714  
    Hi guys! Long time no see..

First of all, I installed verizon firmware on the sprint pcs phone. and It works!!

But still have some problem. I'm still working on it.

To upload verizon firmware on the sprint device, just follow shadowmite's way.

http://shadowmite.com/roms.html

After that, you need clean up cdma firmware setting by pressing #*#786 . remember! verizon's ## command starts #*#.

After cleanup the cdma firmware setting, you must press #*#000000 and enter your phone number.

However, I can't figure out the data setting. I manually configure the express network just same as we worked before (go to network setting. and ....).

And. I can't figure out the MMS setting. MMS is failed due to wrong server address.

Is there any body who can reconfigure MMS ?
    Hi Mines,
    It's really exciting to see your guide. Could you show me how to activate a Sprint Treo 650 in our local CDMA provider. In case activate on Verizon, we can use Verizon PRL, so if I want to do the same thing with my local CDMA Provider, what I need to do to get the phone running?
    Thanks a lot, and hope you see this post!
    LivingPalm,
    Sorry, My local CDMA is STelecom in Hanoi, Vietnam.
    Hi Mines,

Did you get the data and MMS working? Please let us know.

Thanks
  18.    #718  
    MMS does not work yet. I'm still finding to configure MMS server and address.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Mines try this:
    Service Name: VZW
    server: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms
    Web Session name:VZW

Its also possible to skip verizon server all together and use your own. Humpa over at howardforums.com posted a mms server which you can run on your web server. I'm using it on my Moto E815 phone.

Let me know if you need anything else from me.
    How do you get to a menu to set the MMS server?

Also, Mines, when you loaded the VZW 1.03 Rom, and re-set everything as described above, were you finally able to set the network settings? If so, how did you finally get this done? Does your service still show "no service" where it should say "Verizon Wireless"? What does your software version list as under Phone Info?

Updates would be appreciated.

J.