Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 232829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
    Did you set-up your network preferences first? You must create an Express Network connection. The default is Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by GalenMD
    Did you set-up your network preferences first? You must create an Express Network connection. The default is Sprint
    Hmmm: well, that's extremely helpful, thank you. That makes sense.

However, when I go to Network preferences, the service is in fact set to Sprint Provisioning, but I CAN'T CHANGE IT!

I get a little message that says "This network service has been pre-installed by your mobile service provider, and cannot be edited". Now, others must have been able to change this somehow, no? Something I can toggle in Chameleon? Seems like others must have got through this. Thanks for taking me one step closer, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by keithwins
    Hmmm: well, that's extremely helpful, thank you. That makes sense.

However, when I go to Network preferences, the service is in fact set to Sprint Provisioning, but I CAN'T CHANGE IT!

I get a little message that says "This network service has been pre-installed by your mobile service provider, and cannot be edited".,,
    Don't try to change it. Choose Menu --> New and create your new network setting there.
    Well, I'm probably getting closer...

I set up a new network settings, as far as I can tell I did it correctly (do I need an HA password or primary & secondary HA's? I don't know what those are).

Anyway, after I was finished I punched "connect" and it said "to use this service you must configure vision services" or something like that and went right back to Sprint provisioning, and failed.

Also, I can't get Kyocera Chameleon to work again (it always seems to require removing and reinstalling my cable a couple times, changing ports a few times, messing with passthrough mode...). Anyway, this time I just couldn't get it (Service Programming never sees a phone out there), so I couldn't explore that approach (I did, however, get the sprint voicemail button reprogrammable last time I was in there, by deleting some numbers associated with key 1 or something, if I ever get in there again I'll pass it along if anyone's interested -- probably old hat to everyone here...).

So thanks a bunch for the help, but alas I'm still stuck. Any further ideas?
    Oh: I should mention: with connection type under my new network services, I selected High Speed Wireless. I guess it could be a modem of some type, but that doesn't seem right... Plus, I don't have a dialup account with my DSL carrier, so hopefully that isn't it (you can see how clueless I am about this stuff, sorry).
    Quote Originally Posted by keithwins
    I get a little message that says "This network service has been pre-installed by your mobile service provider, and cannot be edited". Now, others must have been able to change this somehow, no? Something I can toggle in Chameleon? Seems like others must have got through this. Thanks for taking me one step closer, though.
    Check out Mines' directions at http://php.chol.com/~mines/photo/028/
    It sounds like you need to do Step 12.
    Quote Originally Posted by chitlins
    I am a verizonified t650 user and I plan to buy the Verizon version when it is released (mainly for insurance purposes). Is updating the phone with the new Sprint update all I need to do in order to set the phone back to Sprint use? Sorry if this was already covered.
    I just want to make sure of this answer. So if I want to convert my Verizonized 650 back to Sprint 100%, all I have to do is get the update?
    There will be no part of it still Verizonized? How about PRL or MML or whatever? Will they all be back to Sprint?

Just want to make sure.
    Thanks.
    ~'kito
    I can't believe you figured that out. I think I was so excited to get Verizon to turn it on, I never went back and read the last few steps. How did Mines figure that out? pdpset? Yikes. I haven't tried everything, since I'm gonna wait 'til after hours and free connect time, but it did connect. Thanks so much for your help and patience. Whew!
    Has anyone seen a palce to download the "Kyocera Wireless PST Chameleon Version" and a Verizon PRL recently?
    Quote Originally Posted by EdStern
    Has anyone seen a palce to download the "Kyocera Wireless PST Chameleon Version" and a Verizon PRL recently?
    shadowmite.com
    Originally Posted by chitlins
    I am a verizonified t650 user and I plan to buy the Verizon version when it is released (mainly for insurance purposes). Is updating the phone with the new Sprint update all I need to do in order to set the phone back to Sprint use? Sorry if this was already covered.

I just want to make sure of this answer. So if I want to convert my Verizonized 650 back to Sprint 100%, all I have to do is get the update?
    There will be no part of it still Verizonized? How about PRL or MML or whatever? Will they all be back to Sprint?

Just want to make sure.
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markito

Just want to make sure.
    Thanks.
    I'm pretty sure your will also need to revert the MSL back to it's original settings.
    I'm sure this is a dumb question, but: how do I connect/disconnect to the network? I only know to go to apps/prefs/network/connect or dis. But that's a lot of steps, there must be a quicker way. Haven't found anything anywhere yet, though. Thanks!

______

I heard once that the only dumb question was the one unasked, but I proved them wrong.
    Oops, found it, never mind, you just have to pull down the menu of the browser or email program, there's connect right in front of you. Who asked such a dumb question anyway? And who is that talking to myself?
    Can someone guide me to where I can get a copy of the Kyocera software and the verizon prl file please....
    Last edited by salman; 04/14/2005 at 11:38 AM.
    Hey everyone. I've got a customer that would like to try putting his Sprint 650 on ALLTEL. Since the settings between Verizon and ALLTEL are similar i think it will work, unfortunatly, I've been unable to locate the Kyocera Chameleon program I need. All I have are the old versions. Could someone please help me out?

Thanks!
    I am switching back to VZW from Sprint, and I want to convert my Sprint T650 to VZW. I read all I could read, and can manage the process, including modding the cable. But I do have a few questions, based on the fact that I already updated my T650 to Sprint's ROM 1.08:
    1) Will the PST software work with 1.08 to change the MSL and PRL?
    2) Once I have converted to VZW, can I revert the phone back to Sprint in case I want to sell it later?

Also, I want to get the PDA plan added to my account (not MOU), so I'll have to tell the CSR that I have a PDA phone, despite the fact that they won't recognize my ESN. Which phone might best qualify for that, assuming that they won't accept me telling them I am using a Sprint T650?
    Quote Originally Posted by awesterink
    I am switching back to VZW from Sprint, and I want to convert my Sprint T650 to VZW. I read all I could read, and can manage the process, including modding the cable. But I do have a few questions, based on the fact that I already updated my T650 to Sprint's ROM 1.08:
    1) Will the PST software work with 1.08 to change the MSL and PRL?
    2) Once I have converted to VZW, can I revert the phone back to Sprint in case I want to sell it later?

Also, I want to get the PDA plan added to my account (not MOU), so I'll have to tell the CSR that I have a PDA phone, despite the fact that they won't recognize my ESN. Which phone might best qualify for that, assuming that they won't accept me telling them I am using a Sprint T650?
    1) I think the PST software will work with 1.08, but I was never able to get mine recognized, but my serial cable is pretty f'd up.
    2) If you keep a copy of your original settings, then you can use the PST to change those back. You can then update the firmware with 1.08 and get the Sprint stuff back on (PRL).
    3) I would not worry about data until after you activated your phone. You can call back an hour or a day later, then add data. They won't care what kind of phone you have, since a lot of basic phones can have limited internet access.
    I'm a bit late to the party here, but I just got my 650 and decided to build a serial cable "just for fun". I picked up a FutureDial cable for Nokia 3285 and 5185 at Radio Shack ($10) and found a 650 hotsync/charge cable on eBay for $.01 + $4 shipping. $14.01 - not a bad deal for the makings of a serial cable :-)

When I opened up the inline converter, I found that the wiring was slightly different than Mines'. I'm attaching a photo of the PL-2303 circuit on my cable with the pins labeled.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TomasPistola
    Hey everyone. I've got a customer that would like to try putting his Sprint 650 on ALLTEL. Since the settings between Verizon and ALLTEL are similar i think it will work, unfortunatly, I've been unable to locate the Kyocera Chameleon program I need. All I have are the old versions. Could someone please help me out?

Thanks!
    I have my 650 on Alltel but I can tell you that they won't accept the ESN when you try and get it changed. You will also need a Alltel PRL to get the phone to even find the network because with the verizon PRL it roams to sprint, and the opposite is true also. Data plan is going to cost full bill of $69 since they have no PDA plan unless you can make them think you have a blackberry (not likely).
    So I followed shadowmite's instructions for making the USB-Serial cable to the letter.
    - got an LG FutureDial cable, has the exact same PCB and chip as the photo in the instructions, except my RX is blue and TX is yellow
    - soldered the blue (RX), yellow(TX) and GND wires to pins 11, 10 and 8 respectively, tested the connection with a voltmeter/beeper thingy
    - left all other pins empty and the unused wires are not touching each other or anything else

- Installed the Prolific Drivers and plugged in the cable, which created a COM8
    - Started BitPim, selected "Other CDMA device" in the Settings dialog, but it told me that COM8 was in use
    - No other device is using COM8, but after I shut down HotSync, BitPim reports COM8 as connected, active and available
    - Connected the cable to the Treo and enabled Passthrough mode
    - Went to the filesystem view and clicked on the +... it says Retrieving but nothing happens
    - Finally times out with an error message "The phone is not responding while transitioning from none to brew"

What gives? What might be wrong here?