Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 222728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
    Hey all.

I just ran the Sprinter ROM updater from Palm on the Verizonized phone... yeah yeha I know - what was I thinking - but I basically had no choice. My system seemed "screwed" every time I turned it on and it hit the Verizon network it would instantly reboot. I wiped my programs off and it still did it. This was a known issue with the Verizon 600 so...

Ok long story short. I'm not rebooting any more, but I also can't seem to get onto the VErizon high speed network. Everytime I launch Blazer (or anything net related) I am told I need to check my password/user ID. Anyone else have this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by EdStern
    Hey all.

I just ran the Sprinter ROM updater from Palm on the Verizonized phone... yeah yeha I know - what was I thinking - but I basically had no choice. My system seemed "screwed" every time I turned it on and it hit the Verizon network it would instantly reboot. I wiped my programs off and it still did it. This was a known issue with the Verizon 600 so...

Ok long story short. I'm not rebooting any more, but I also can't seem to get onto the VErizon high speed network. Everytime I launch Blazer (or anything net related) I am told I need to check my password/user ID. Anyone else have this problem?

You need to load the Verizon PRL back, write to phone. Then dial *228 and select option 2 to grab the latest PRL.
    I chose not to wait any longer. I verizonized my T650 using my T600 serial cable with a PalmOne adapter cable that I picked up brand new for $29.95. No problems with the software or the activation of voice and data. Many thanks to all of you that worked through the issues to make it possible.
    Hey all. Can anyone suggest a place (online or other) to buy a cable and get ASAP delivery so I can "RE-verizonize" my phone. Lost the cable and after the updater I ran I need to reset the RPL. Thanks
    First post so I understand if folks raise an issue of credibility since I've earned none here - nevertheless I just switched jobs and my new employer encourages (by paying the data and phone expenses) us to have a BB or a Treo. As an old Palm user this was a no brainer but as a long time Verizon customer (only provider with sufficient coverage in areas where we travel) I have been anxious to get either a 650 or take advantage of a lower 600 price and have been lurking here for awhile reading and learning.

Anyway, from a reliable source (i.e. friends affiliated with Verizon) I've been talking to them about switching everything to a Treo and they have a notice that the launch date is April 11, but warned me that it was frequently a week or two after that before they actually have units in hand and checked in.

So that is pretty good news in my mind.

Of course after everything i've read about 650 problems I'm starting to think a 600 would be just fine!
    Oops - posted to the wrong thread....
    I am a verizonified t650 user and I plan to buy the Verizon version when it is released (mainly for insurance purposes). Is updating the phone with the new Sprint update all I need to do in order to set the phone back to Sprint use? Sorry if this was already covered.
    Yea but if you buy the Verizon one you cant use the web for free....VZW will see the ESN as a smartphone and wil make you pay for a data plan where as the sprint treo is seen as a audiovox and you get the web for free....out of your mins only
    http://www.vzwshop.com/treoinfo/

Looking forward to it in the next few weeks....
    Quote Originally Posted by Goober408
    Yea but if you buy the Verizon one you cant use the web for free....VZW will see the ESN as a smartphone and wil make you pay for a data plan where as the sprint treo is seen as a audiovox and you get the web for free....out of your mins only
    I'm using my Verizon 600 and I don;t pay for a data plan. I use QNC which takes off mins from your airtime, not data.

Erik
    does anyone have any expreience with the people on ebay selling the 650 already converted to verizon?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW
    I'm not sure why you would still be interested in a converted Sprint phone when Verizon will be selling it on April 20th?
    i just finished reading the whole thread and this brings me to my next question. is it necessary to get a data plan when using a converted sprint phone. people say its not but then plenty of people mentioned getting the data plan. i would love to have a pda/smartphone but if it means i have to put out another $45 for a data plan then i will not get one. it will be more as a toy than something i really need so i cant justify the additional cost of a data plan.
    Last edited by allenling; 04/06/2005 at 07:39 PM.
    Damm...that sucks man...
    One reason in particular may be to what extent Verizon cripples BT. It may be more severly crippled that the Sprint 650. The DUN patch does correct most of the problems. I'm uncertain whether this patch can be used for Verizon's 650.

Quote Originally Posted by sf_basilix
    I'm not sure why you would still be interested in a converted Sprint phone when Verizon will be selling it on April 20th?
    Would this be considered fraud? I have a proposition for anyone that switched their Sprint 650 to Verizon and don't plan on going to Sprint anytime within the next few months. I'm new, but feel free to PM me to discuss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdub289
    Would this be considered fraud? I have a proposition for anyone that switched their Sprint 650 to Verizon and don't plan on going to Sprint anytime within the next few months. I'm new, but feel free to PM me to discuss.
    Would what be considered fraud? This is a phone that is legitimately purchased and therefore completely owned by the individual who did the purchase. There is no scam here. Each of us that uses Vz has an account with them and (hopefully) pays their bills appropriately. Nobody is hacking into a network illegally and nobody is losing money. In fact, whoever sold the phone makes money and the service provider makes money. In order for there to be fraud, somebody would have to be losing something (i.e.: damages) or there would have to be some sort of theft.
    Some vz employees have even assisted a few of us in the conversion process!
    I activated QNC Data on my treo 650 and now Express Network will not work... is there a fix?
    Also, do i get charged the same through my plan for connection using both methods of connectivity? (does EN not use airtime?) thanks in advance
    Hi there: I verizonized my 650 (got it up the day they announced they're releasing the 650 8-(

I could not possibly have gotten through the process without help here on this board. Which is to say, I'm no genius when it comes to this stuff.

Soooo -- I still don't have email or the web. I don't intend on buying a data plan, but my verizon service rep assured me that the pay-as-you-go plan works the same as your airtime minutes, which means it's free nights and weekends. That'll work for me.

BUT: I notice if I try to use versamail or the web browser that are loaded on the phone from Sprint, it tries to configure "Vision services", which I assume is Sprints' data services, and fails. I'm sorry to have to ask such rudimentary questions, but can anyone walk me through what software I need to get and what I need to do to get at least email access. Web might be cool, but email is one of the reasons I got the phone!

Thanks so much for any help!

keith
    I saw above that someone was using versamail, so I'm playing with it some more, but just to be specific: as soon as I try to use it, it says I have to set up Vision services, and then it says "connecting to Sprint provisioning", and then returns an error 67, I think, registration problem.

I did go into account setup and changed the provider to Verizon DSL, doesn't help. I also tried my yahoo account, which I also can pop, and that didn't work. In all cases it tries to do this Sprint provisioning thing.

Thanks for any help, again. I hardly know enough here to ask intelligible questions.

keith