Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ... 202526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
    ok... iw as a brave (and foolish) soul and did the sprint update on my verizoned phone... indeed it went back to sprint. i see your instructions on doing this without a cable ( which i don't have) so i'm hoping it works. did you actually test this on any phone or have ever tried it??

please help!

t
    So your phone is now back to sprint...? No longer has the verizon settings in it...see this is what scares me..I will go ahead and do this and screw up my phone when I am holding my head...I dont have a backup phone and this is really a weird update....when can mines post the verizonized update so I dont fry my phone like the post ablove me did
    yes... it's back on sprint... now i gotta get the PRL redone...
    well shiz...cant you just do *228 and opt 2....but hmm....you cant because sprint dosent reconize it..I had that prob with a v6oi it kept sayin welcome to sprint when I did *228. what should you do...I would like to update mine but I need to have a phone...cant breathe without mine attached to my body.
  5.    #585  
    Update does not change SPC & Banner. It just update PRL.
    Quote Originally Posted by mines
    Update does not change SPC & Banner. It just update PRL.
    i havent verizonized mine yet..
    would it be easier for me to wait till i do it
    or just update then verizonize it?
    Looks like you might need to re-Verizonize (through serial cable) or use Mines' "over-the-air" PRL update procedure - although that's tricky. You've really got to be in a spot where Sprint get ghetto reception and the Verizon signal is strong.

How did you originally Verizonize? I'm assuming you have absolutely no access to a cable.

Quote Originally Posted by Goober408
    well shiz...cant you just do *228 and opt 2....but hmm....you cant because sprint dosent reconize it..I had that prob with a v6oi it kept sayin welcome to sprint when I did *228. what should you do...I would like to update mine but I need to have a phone...cant breathe without mine attached to my body.
    Sprint coverage is much improved here in L.A.. Though Vz is better, I don't know where I could go to get a lousy Sprint signal and a strong vz signal. I guess I could do the update then drive around till I have no signal, but that seems a little too inconvenient.

Will the Cameleon software still access the phone after the update? If so, why can't I just re-install the PRL that way?
    I don't see why you can't. That's what I'm planning on doing tonight or tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by GalenMD
    Will the Cameleon software still access the phone after the update? If so, why can't I just re-install the PRL that way?
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    I don't see why you can't. That's what I'm planning on doing tonight or tomorrow.

i thought some people had problems getting the software to pick up the phone after it was verizonized

since we install the verizon PRL during the verizonizing process
    i guess im safe to do the update now..and verizonize it on monday (still waiting for a cable)

any input?
    I don't know of any wholesale problems. I think there might have been isolated incidents. Chameleon PST should not have any problems trying to recognize the phone. I have had my phone "re"recognized by PST right after Verizonization.

I would backup everything and hard reset the phone before loading the ROM installer. After that you could restore your phone with the backup.

Quote Originally Posted by unknownvirus
    i thought some people had problems getting the software to pick up the phone after it was verizonized

since we install the verizon PRL during the verizonizing process
    i guess im safe to do the update now..and verizonize it on monday (still waiting for a cable)

any input?
    just did the update...went sucessully
    lets see how verizonization goes on monday
    thanx for the help
    I did the firmware update yesterday afternoon on my verizonized 650. I thought everything was working right until this morning when I tried a better test of the phone app and dialed *86 to listen to voicemail......

I found out what everyone here has said... the update replace my prl file.

So, I went back with my serial cable and used Chameleon to read my phone data back to my pc.
    Then browsed to select the prl file I used when originally converting my phone to verizon.
    Wrote data back to phone.

Drove back up the road where I actually have signally and it worked fine. I updated the prl with *228 and haven't had any problems all day.

NO, you do NOT have to redo the MSL number. That stays. The only change is the PRL file with the update.
    First of all, a million thanks to mines for saving me from having to track down my serial cable several states away.

Here's what I had: Verizonification, firmware 1.03, SM ROM #3 hack

Here's what I did: restored original Sprint ROM with the exception of running CDMA*Apps (I was suspicious these would sanitize too much) and updated to firmware 1.08

Here's what I got: a phone that could make and receive calls (presumably on Verizon's network), a loss of data connectivity (kept saying bad username/password), an ability to send SMS messages to eMail addys *only* (originating from <myPhone#@messaging.sprintpcs.com--explain that one) and Sprint on the line when I dialed 611

Following mines' advice, I tried losing the Sprint signal in a datacenter with aluminum foil, in an elevator with a lead pipe and Mr. Green, etc to no avail. Finally, I was on the phone as I drove into an underground parking garage and lost the signal. I backed up slowly until the Treo found it again, dialed 611 and before it connected, all of my queued text messages started appearing. I got the Verizon recording, hung up, dialed *228 and the phone is money now on the new code.

I'm not sure how dialing 611 would've reverted or reprogrammed it with Verizon's PRL and now I'm curious if it had more to do with losing complete signal and/or I could've dialed any number. Not running the CDMA Resoration Apps might've been why calls could still come in/go out so I'd be curious if this process works for those who ran those apps and/or had their radio disabled.
    so is your phone fully working againg?..including SMS?

Quote Originally Posted by shawndemand
    First of all, a million thanks to mines for saving me from having to track down my serial cable several states away.

Here's what I had: Verizonification, firmware 1.03, SM ROM #3 hack

Here's what I did: restored original Sprint ROM with the exception of running CDMA*Apps (I was suspicious these would sanitize too much) and updated to firmware 1.08

Here's what I got: a phone that could make and receive calls (presumably on Verizon's network), a loss of data connectivity (kept saying bad username/password), an ability to send SMS messages to eMail addys *only* (originating from <myPhone#@messaging.sprintpcs.com--explain that one) and Sprint on the line when I dialed 611

Following mines' advice, I tried losing the Sprint signal in a datacenter with aluminum foil, in an elevator with a lead pipe and Mr. Green, etc to no avail. Finally, I was on the phone as I drove into an underground parking garage and lost the signal. I backed up slowly until the Treo found it again, dialed 611 and before it connected, all of my queued text messages started appearing. I got the Verizon recording, hung up, dialed *228 and the phone is money now on the new code.

I'm not sure how dialing 611 would've reverted or reprogrammed it with Verizon's PRL and now I'm curious if it had more to do with losing complete signal and/or I could've dialed any number. Not running the CDMA Resoration Apps might've been why calls could still come in/go out so I'd be curious if this process works for those who ran those apps and/or had their radio disabled.
    Hey, I donít know if this is what youíre looking for, but Iíve had pretty good luck with Mobile Phone Tools. Might be late to help you, but might help someone else. You can connect to you laptop with your mobile phone. You can check it out here: http://www.bvrp.com/link_mobile_phonetools.htm.
    Hope that helps.
    --Neo
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Mines,
    So, I just update the verizonized phone with the new firmware - don't have to do a Sprint ROM to go back to a Sprint phone? Will I also lose the SM custom rom that I installed or not?
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    I wish I still had the time to mess around and hack phones like I did when I was with Nextel.

If anyone had a "verizonized" 650, drop me a line at crso@mac.com. I'll pay a reasonable price for one. I tried out the XV6600 and it's not for me. I have it available for trade or sale also...
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Hey mines,
    Any progress on the updated verizon prl custom ROM?
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I went and bought the futuredial cable and a Palm one treo travel cable. I hope the travel cable will work for this.

I just opened the palm cable and it has a PC board in it with a membrane button in it. Anybody use one of these or do I need to get a different cable?

Well I guess I'll answer my own question since it doen't have the pins 10 & 11 installed to even do this I guess it will not work. Back to the drawing board.
    Last edited by JDub; 03/26/2005 at 10:34 PM.