Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 192425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
    No problems here except for data connection drops from time to time - but that's been a Verizon issue from the Treo 600 days, so nothing really new there.

Voice calls are stellar and I haven't had a reset in days (perhaps even a week or two!).
    Hello,

I just "verizonified" my Treo 650 and I have a problem.

I was able to get Verizon wireless to get my phone on the netowrk with the ESN and I can make & receive calls (thanks to everyone for the information) but I cannot get my express network stuff to work.

When I try to follow the instructions (from "Activating a Treo 650 on Verizon" by "mines") I have a problem with step 12: Change Express Network setting.

When trying to follow these instructions, nothing seems to be compatable with what I see on the phone. There is no "options" menu or "view log" in the network preferences on my phone. Only "Services" (Sprint Provisioning).
    At the bottom of the screen is an icon of a lock.

What did I do wrong?

(The phone is a Sprint version of the Treo 650 I got from CompUSA).

any thoughts?

Thanks.
    The "Options" menu is up on the Menu bar on the top of your screen. Just hit the Menu button on your keyboard to get to it right away. The "View Log" option should be there.

Quote Originally Posted by mschaffer
    Hello,

I just "verizonified" my Treo 650 and I have a problem.

I was able to get Verizon wireless to get my phone on the netowrk with the ESN and I can make & receive calls (thanks to everyone for the information) but I cannot get my express network stuff to work.

When I try to follow the instructions (from "Activating a Treo 650 on Verizon" by "mines") I have a problem with step 12: Change Express Network setting.

When trying to follow these instructions, nothing seems to be compatable with what I see on the phone. There is no "options" menu or "view log" in the network preferences on my phone. Only "Services" (Sprint Provisioning).
    At the bottom of the screen is an icon of a lock.

What did I do wrong?

(The phone is a Sprint version of the Treo 650 I got from CompUSA).

any thoughts?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenzytom
    The "Options" menu is up on the Menu bar on the top of your screen. Just hit the Menu button on your keyboard to get to it right away. The "View Log" option should be there.
    Freynzytom,
    Thanks for the information!

I guess that I had spent so much time trying to convert the phone that I haven't spent any time getting familiarized with the Palm OS part of the phone.

WOW! I am totally up and running with Verizon on the Treo 650. I can now access the Verizon data network!
    I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem:

When I dial a number from the touch screen keypad and press dial it takes a maybe 1-2 secs to move to the actual connection screen.
    Clifferd, this is a known issue with Sprint Treo 650s. Some folks here have found a lag between 1-3 seconds from hitting dial to the actual call taking place. If you find it any longer than 3 seconds I'd probably get it checked out.

Quote Originally Posted by clifferd
    I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem:

When I dial a number from the touch screen keypad and press dial it takes a maybe 1-2 secs to move to the actual connection screen.
    Ok thanks.
    Only 20 minutes to Verizonize my Sprint 650!!! Mines' instructions are awesome!!!

However, Verizon is catching on. I got the phone programmed and made a test call and then they told me that it wasn't a compatible phone and they couldn't leave it on their network.

I told them to leave it on and disable any data plans. I then threatened to leave Verizon and hung up.

Two minutes later they've disabled the 650 and reactivated my old phone.

Email me if you're interested in a Verizonized 650 with all cables (including hacked serial cable) and manuals.
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    Clifferd, this is a known issue with Sprint Treo 650s. Some folks here have found a lag between 1-3 seconds from hitting dial to the actual call taking place. If you find it any longer than 3 seconds I'd probably get it checked out.
    I have the same issue with my Kyocera 7135; the delay is caused by the phone doing a search on the contacts data base to determine if the person you are calling is in the file. If yes then it should display the name; if no, then it should just display the number being called. This is presuming you are using a speed dial number.
    Thanks for the explanation. Although I'm not sure this is specific to speed dial numbers. I think the delay is present regardless whether or not you have a contact stored in the database.

Quote Originally Posted by a4skyhawkpilot
    I have the same issue with my Kyocera 7135; the delay is caused by the phone doing a search on the contacts data base to determine if the person you are calling is in the file. If yes then it should display the name; if no, then it should just display the number being called. This is presuming you are using a speed dial number.
    It also applies to other numbers; it is trying to see if you have the number in your contacts
    After activiating phone with Verizon (only to have them deactivate it) Chameleon Service Programming no longer sees the phone. I can talk to it with BitPim so it's not a cabling issue.

Any body have any idea why this might be?
    Has anybody tried the Sprint update on a Verizonfied phone?
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I'm scared to...
    Quote Originally Posted by sdyoyo
    I'm scared to...
    I don't think it will be a big deal. We will probably just have to reinstall the PRL as before (with the 600 firmware upgrades). I plan on doing it sometime in the next few days when I have access to my serial cable, charger, etc.
    i havent verizonized my 650 yet
    i guess im safe to do it?..any input?
    Is there anyone in the San Francisco Area that might be able to verizoniz my phone for me? Give me a e-mail please: cliffysun@gmail.com

Thanks
  18.    #578  
    Hi, everyone.
    Long time no see.

I tested new firmware 1.08 with verizon. works fine. sound is great!!

However, this update change your PRL. So, if you update with new firmware, you must update PRL again.

So, if you do not have the serial cable, PLEASE DO NOT UPDATE!!

You can update PRL without serial cable, but it is not easy!

Here is how you can update the PRL without the serial cable.

1) Update New Firmware
    2) Dial 611 and check who is the carrier. maybe sprint.
    3) Find good place where verizon signal is strong than sprint.
    4) Turn on the DIGITAL ROAMING at phone preference.
    5) warp your treo's antenna with aluminum foil
    6) check your phone goes to no signal and find verizon signal
    7) dial 611 and check the carrier.
    8) if your phone is connected verizon, dial *228 and press 2.

Firmware update does not change your left top side banner.

I will upload custom rom update for verizon. However it will takes time.

GOOD LUCK!
    Last edited by mines; 03/23/2005 at 01:34 PM.
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    Do you have to restore the phone's original MSL code or can you leave it as 000000 when you install the new Sprint firmware?
    Yea...I am a lil fishy of doing the sprint one....Willl this flash my phone from verizon back to Sprint like its out of the box or can I stll make calls from it..>I only have the usb port cable to sync...will this work