Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast
    After applying ROM#3 my speakerphone & ear sound sucks.

I know this is not shadow's fault, but I want to restore my phone w/the original rom.

my question is will I have to re-Verizonify my phone? HELP PLEASE!!!

I posted this elsewhere but didn't get a knowing answer.
    This site has made my day! I was about to buy another phone but this is what I really wanted (Verizon Treo 650). So here is a newbie about to start the journey to Verizonify a Sprint phone. Step 1 it seems is...to get a phone! So Im headed to ebay to purchase a Sprint 650. If there is anything special I need to know (is there more than one? Does it have to be "unlocked" or anything like that) becuase if not, I hope to be a winning bidder by this time tomorrow. Also, after reading 28 pages of posts I see a few already converted for sale. If there are any currently available I'd be interested in getting this done in one fell swoop. Pls. let me know.
    Allright, here I go!
    Hi there. I am trying to convert my Treo 650 to run on Verizon but cannot find the PST software (mines said it should be Kyocera Wireless PST Chameleon). Can you point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.

Steve
    stvgold@gmail.com
    Quote Originally Posted by sgoldwa
    Hi there. I am trying to convert my Treo 650 to run on Verizon but cannot find the PST software (mines said it should be Kyocera Wireless PST Chameleon). Can you point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.

Steve
    stvgold@gmail.com
    Go to shadowmite.com, there is a KWPST file there.
    Anyone have a SPRINT PRL. I want to return a verizonified phone back.

Thanks in advance.
    I am trying to get my boss' old 600 from Sprint to work on Verizon. I have all the software, but I can't get the PC to let me install the serial driver. I am using the standard cable for the 600, is that the problem? Do i need a custom cable even for the 600? I plugin the cable and get no reply from the PC, doesn't seem to see it connected and won't let me install the driver manually. I know I must be missing something simple.

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwave
    I am trying to get my boss' old 600 from Sprint to work on Verizon. I have all the software, but I can't get the PC to let me install the serial driver. I am using the standard cable for the 600, is that the problem? Do i need a custom cable even for the 600? I plugin the cable and get no reply from the PC, doesn't seem to see it connected and won't let me install the driver manually. I know I must be missing something simple.

thanks
    You need to use the serial cable made for the 600 (also used for the earlier treos). I don't think that anybody ever got a USB cable to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by GalenMD
    You need to use the serial cable made for the 600 (also used for the earlier treos). I don't think that anybody ever got a USB cable to work.
    Thanks Galen, I have ordered the cable from PalmOne as no one locally was carrying it anymore.
    Correct, Treo 600 USB cable does not work.

Quote Originally Posted by GalenMD
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoola
    Has anyone else had a problem activating a hacked Treo 650 with Verizon customer service, where they will activate your phone but insist that it is incompatible with any data plans?

I have since gotten my first bill from verizon after hacking up a spring treo 650. As it turns out they did not charge me for all the extra minutes, and my data plan was active.

I freaked out at first because I went to verizon's web site and checked my minutes for the month, and they were listed as several thousand higher than usual. As it turns out it was because my data plan was removed when I called to activate my treo 650 (they thought it was an older phone that didn't support data). Later that day I called a friend who works at a verizon store and had him put the data plan back on my account. I think there system was confused for the first month since the data plan had been removed and added back in. When I got my bill everything was fine.

However the good news is that as long as you are persistant and get them to add the data plan, it works like a charm.
    Does this cable (and Treo 650 syn cable ) can work like handmade Serial Cable???
    http://web.palmone.com/products/Prod...4641&cat=20018
    Tks
    Yes, but only that cable (mentioned in the link) and the Treo 600 serial cable.

Quote Originally Posted by hunglq2
    Does this cable (and Treo 650 syn cable ) can work like handmade Serial Cable???
    http://web.palmone.com/products/Prod...4641&cat=20018
    Tks
    I have the Treo 600 serial cable and adapter... phone is in passthrough mode... my question is, do I still need to install the prolific drivers? I'm guessing "yes" because BitPim can't see my phone... XP doesn't go into "Found New Hardware" mode when I plug in the cable/adapter combo... the phone is getting something because it is trying to sync ("unable to initiate hotsync because port is in use by another app" (I assume it's in use by BitPim)... how do I install the prolific drivers... any help would be appreciated...
    Last edited by jlr10000; 03/10/2005 at 09:55 AM.
    Heyy all,
    A lot of great advice here. Just got my Sprint T650 but need to verizonize it. I've got the cables on order from PalmOne, but I was wondering if there was anyone in the Phoenix area that would be willing to rent or sell me a cable. I'm heading on a weeklong trip on Saturday and would love to have the full functionality of my new smart phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Send mail to acanthusarch(at)hotmail.com
    Thanks!
    Nope. If you're using a serial connection to your computer there is no need to install a driver.

Quote Originally Posted by jlr10000
    I have the Treo 600 serial cable and adapter... phone is in passthrough mode... my question is, do I still need to install the prolific drivers? I'm guessing "yes" because BitPim can't see my phone... XP doesn't go into "Found New Hardware" mode when I plug in the cable/adapter combo... the phone is getting something because it is trying to sync ("unable to initiate hotsync because port is in use by another app" (I assume it's in use by BitPim)... how do I install the prolific drivers... any help would be appreciated...
    I can't seem to get the phone to enter passthrough mode, I press ##3424 and then send but it just tries dialing the number. Can anyone help?
    Quote Originally Posted by luvdldy
    Anyone have a SPRINT PRL. I want to return a verizonified phone back.

Thanks in advance.
    luvdldy

I need the same... I didn't backup

Let us know how it goes....
    I think if you install the Sprint firmware, you'll get the PRL back. I'm not sure if the previously released patches did that, but the newer patch to be released next week should.
    Izlnader try ##3424# send
    I'm curious to know how many Verizonified 650 users are having difficulty and/or problems with their phones? I just spoke with a Verizon rep who said that they are still testing the phone but that it's not moving quickly enough because they are experiencing tons of problems. He said to check the websites as there are many issues being posted.

What's the feel from those who are now using the 650 - are you experiencing reboots / un-syncing in bluetooth, etc?

Thanks!!