Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast
    Pene you need to select "other" phone and also high light both port 4 and 5.
    Wow folks if this is true, I'm a convert back to Palm OS and I can stay with Verizon too!! SWEET! Anyone have any down sides to this they want to report.

More importantly, does anyone want to get paid to convert one for me. I'd even be willing to unload my Cingular unit and get this one.

Ed
    Last edited by EdStern; 02/17/2005 at 02:21 PM.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    im willing to pay to do a convert. my biggest concern is trustworthyness of that person.. i recieved 2 PM from someone who had 1 post who was willing to do it. not thatthey arent trustworthy, but its kinda scary
    Pump,

I agree, but I guess like everything else, you interview the prospective hacker... so to speak
    Quote Originally Posted by dnt
    Anyone in the san jose area need help with transforming thier treo 650 to verizon let me know. YOu can spring for lunch. =) Shouldn't take more than 5 mins. If you want I even have a used treo 650 already verizonized for sale.
    Just bought a 650 NIB for $490 off of Craigslist. I Currently use a BB7750 and a
    LG 6000 (dual wielding)
    I would love to get on one device. What's your availability and you location of choice???

Thanks
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    cdiggity - did you get a Sprint T650 phone? You can only Verizonize the Sprint ones. It's not hard to convert, just make a cable or buy one from Mines or Shadowmite. If you have any questions, just PM me. I can also help you out. It's my way of saying thanks for this forum for helping me get the treo I've waited for!
    OK all great news, but what can't you do with a Verizonized Treo 650? Some of you must have found something that's not working the way you expected... Do you only have one frequency band? It doesn't work when the moon is full... come on, where's the down side?

Signed the forever pesimist....

Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by simba
    cdiggity - did you get a Sprint T650 phone? You can only Verizonize the Sprint ones. It's not hard to convert, just make a cable or buy one from Mines or Shadowmite. If you have any questions, just PM me. I can also help you out. It's my way of saying thanks for this forum for helping me get the treo I've waited for!
    Simba - Yep, CDMA 650 (Sprint) I have Bitpm downloaded but still need cable and Kyocera PST Chameleon Software. Any help would be great. I'm not looking forward to making the cable but if I have to.....I will. Thanks Simba
    Quote Originally Posted by EdStern
    OK all great news, but what can't you do with a Verizonized Treo 650? Some of you must have found something that's not working the way you expected... Do you only have one frequency band? It doesn't work when the moon is full... come on, where's the down side?

Signed the forever pesimist....

Ed
    So far, I have not found a downside, except for a lack of insurance. I have not tried picture mail, and I never will regardless of whether I have it or not.
  10. dnt
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdiggity
    Just bought a 650 NIB for $490 off of Craigslist. I Currently use a BB7750 and a
    LG 6000 (dual wielding)
    I would love to get on one device. What's your availability and you location of choice???

Thanks
    I'm usually at work until 8pm. The only day I have off is Wednesday. PM with a time you're free on wednesday and we can meet up at starbucks or something. Shouldn't take more than 5 mins.
  11.    #491  
    You can buy : http://www.pcables.com/

or PalmOne sells Serial Cable converter for developers.

http://web.palmone.com/products/Prod...4641&cat=20018

You also need Treo 600 serial cable to use this converter.

Quote Originally Posted by mines

Damn! I wish I knew about that conversion cable before. What a pain that was to solder my own.
    Yes, but no USB?

Quote Originally Posted by mines

I am willing to buy a converted and activated 650 on Verizon. Does anyone have one for sale?

pakirby@yahoo.com

Thanks
    Anybody know a retail place in the bay area to get the T5 and future cables? I tried Plao Alto Fry's friday with no luck. I would like to take a stab at making the cable and getting my 650 up by monday. If not, I'll take dnt up on his offer for a wednesday conversion. Thanks
    Hi guys..

I went through the threads, and got everything I need to do the conversion.
    The only problem is this PRL.

I am from Vancouver Canada, just right above Washington state.
    I am currently with Telus, so I guess the Verizon PRL won't work here.

I know Telus won't just give me their PRL file, so I think~~
    Can I read it from a Telus cell phone?

I am now using Motorola V710, and I bought the data cable for uploading
    the ringtone. Is it possible that I can read the PRL from V710,
    and upload it into Tero 650?

If this won't work, I will still give it a try at Telus,
    If both failed~~~I'll have to think about the GSM version of Treo..

Why I prefer CDMA ?
    Because GSM only has 1900Mhz here, and it sxxks.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdiggity
    Anybody know a retail place in the bay area to get the T5 and future cables? I tried Plao Alto Fry's friday with no luck. I would like to take a stab at making the cable and getting my 650 up by monday. If not, I'll take dnt up on his offer for a wednesday conversion. Thanks
    The T5 cable is available at CompUSA.

The FutureDial cable is at RadioShack. Call first. Where I am, RadioShacks are within spitting distance from each other, so it was no big deal to search around.

However, mines just posted above that p1 has an adapter to convert a serial Treo 600 cable to a 650 cable. Those serial cables are available on eBay for really cheap. With this route, there would be no soldering:
    Quote Originally Posted by darkblue
    .......I am currently with Telus, so I guess the Verizon PRL won't work here.

I know Telus won't just give me their PRL file, so I think~~
    Can I read it from a Telus cell phone?
    I think if you Google search around the internet for awhile, you may find it. I started to look for you and found some info, but no downloads. I only looked for a couple of minutes though. Keep looking.

There is probably a way to read it off your phone, if you have the data cables for your phone and know where to look. Maybe somebody here can help.
    With a Verizon branded Treo 650 being nowhere in sight, I'll be converting a batch of 5 new Sprint Treo 650s to be able to be used on Verizon at the end of this week. If anyone is interested in purchasing please PM me. I'm in NY.

Mods, I thought this post would get more exposure (and be more helpful) here. You may move to Marketplace if you think it's more appropriate there.