Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
    Hmm. I really think it's because they turned off your data plan since you had it. Because of that they didn't give you the NA-MOU code on your account, I think if you get them to add it it'll work fine, you just might have to talk to a tech at your local verizon store to get it added.

If you go that route, they most often are quite happy to do it if you are nice and explain how you love verizon service but want the better phones before they "finish" their testing... Or something to that effect.

You also might have luck just calling customer support and asking for the data department... They might do it freely over the phone.

One way to verify that this is in fact the problem would be to try to use QNC dialup, instruction are in the 600 on verizon thread... If that works this is in fact the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Hmm. I really think it's because they turned off your data plan since you had it. Because of that they didn't give you the NA-MOU code on your account, I think if you get them to add it it'll work fine, you just might have to talk to a tech at your local verizon store to get it added.

If you go that route, they most often are quite happy to do it if you are nice and explain how you love verizon service but want the better phones before they "finish" their testing... Or something to that effect.

You also might have luck just calling customer support and asking for the data department... They might do it freely over the phone.

One way to verify that this is in fact the problem would be to try to use QNC dialup, instruction are in the 600 on verizon thread... If that works this is in fact the problem.
    You were right, and a little persistence paid off. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    I am a little confused. When converting a Treo650 to Verizon do I change both the OTKSL and MSL code to zeros or just the MSL code?
    I have re-worked the Verizon on & off splash screens using the directions from another thread.

Give it a try. Just install. (Delete any old screens that you may have added).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by GalenMD; 02/06/2005 at 07:58 PM.
    Recently I Verizoned my 650, and now a rather strange thing is happening. It seems that my voicemail button in the phone app is always showing that I have one voicemail and the green LED light is blinking. Any ideas? Thanks
    desperately seeking a cable....please PM me. Will send cash and overnight envelope for shipment.
    I'm thinking about doing the mod but not sure if its worth it yet. I was wondering if you can get the internet to work without a data plan since I don't use it a lot but wouild like it avalible. Also, not looking to sync with a computer for high speed transfers, just want it for the phone. Will the 4.99 Internet plan work?? Any input on this is much appreaciated.

Thanks, Andrew
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    vladi17
    I have the same plan for a couple of years - America's Choice Familyshare w/ Mobile web w/100 alerts. When I converted from an LG to T650, I am still able to acccess the web and also get email messages - I'm not using the internet 24/7. It works for me.
    i verizonized my 650 and my problem is that when i go to the web its saying your phone must be configured for vision service etc etc then it says error67 what do i do i have the 49.99 service but it doesnt work on the treo please help
    Quote Originally Posted by giusep29
    i verizonized my 650 and my problem is that when i go to the web its saying your phone must be configured for vision service etc etc then it says error67 what do i do i have the 49.99 service but it doesnt work on the treo please help
    Did you create a new network connection? Use the instructions in the 600 conversion FAQ.
    Do Shadowmite's ROMs work with SprintPCS 650s that have been converted to Verizon? I assume the answer is yes as long as you do the conversation after you replace the ROM?

Thanks all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtudude
    Do Shadowmite's ROMs work with SprintPCS 650s that have been converted to Verizon? I assume the answer is yes as long as you do the conversation after you replace the ROM?

Thanks all!
    Yes.
    I think you can (should?) update the ROM after Verizonizing.
    Psion 3a > Palm Vx w/ Omnisky > Blackberry 850 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700P > Apple iPhone
    Anybody in Northeast Ohio that has the cables and would be willing to program my phone? Thank you.
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    My family is aligning against my plan to jump to Sprint, so I may end up staying with verizon. So, I'm considering asking Mines for help in setting me up with a 'verizonized' 650 phone.

What is the best deal I can get on a "sprint" Treo650? Everything seems to have a catch. $319 on TC, but you get trapped with 2-yr, equipment chargeback, early termination, plus the $100 rebate doesn't come for like 150+ days (beyond the 30day return period). Somehow, they'll get you.

Any good deals out there? The 650s on eBay seem high.. around $500+

Also, is the $49/mo verizon data the best plan? How does it compare to the Sprint Vision $10-15/mo unlimited plan?

As always.. THANKS!!
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    I think I've read stories of people getting scammed..

Does anyone know of any legit auctions on eBay for verizonized
    650s that I can activate easily? Please post link of auction number.
    THANKS!!
    fresh newbee looking for a cable for sale please email thanks!!!
    Ok so lets just say that VZW releases the Treo 650 tomorrow. And knowing VZW, they would have crippled Bluetooth and moved as many of the KEWL features that are inherent to the phone into the Get It Now (i.e. V710)

Would you do it again? Or would you buy the VZW one?
    in otherwords, if you were in this situation, are you still better off with the Verizon'd Sprint with its full Bluetooth but missing VZW stuff, of are you better off with the VZW version?

I know no one knows how the VZW version will be, so this is hard to have a concrete answer, but that is why I am looking for opionons.

Thanks,
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    asking again..does anyone here (trustworthy) do the updates for a nominal fee?
    will buy phone and cover all shipping etc
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Russ
    Ok so lets just say that VZW releases the Treo 650 tomorrow. And knowing VZW, they would have crippled Bluetooth and moved as many of the KEWL features that are inherent to the phone into the Get It Now (i.e. V710)

Would you do it again? Or would you buy the VZW one?
    in otherwords, if you were in this situation, are you still better off with the Verizon'd Sprint with its full Bluetooth but missing VZW stuff, of are you better off with the VZW version?

I know no one knows how the VZW version will be, so this is hard to have a concrete answer, but that is why I am looking for opionons.

Thanks,
    If Vz was to release one tomorrow, I would obviously wait to see how it performs and compares to the Sprint version. If there were no major differences, then I would definitely go with a vz version so that I would be warranteed/have support.

As of now, I have absolutely no difficulty using the 650 on vz.