Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
    Hi I got the same problem. For me it turned out that the data cable was not connecting properly to the Treo 650 (the pins of the plug to the 650 was not making a good connection) I ended up buying another T5 cable and redid the soldering an bingo
    Let me know if this helps
    Quote Originally Posted by aprikh1
    Ohh forgot to mention when i connect the cable to the Treo and run BitPim i get this error, "The port you are using is echoing data back, and is not valid for Brew data. Most likely you have selected the modem instead of the service connection..."

Any ideas guys? Thanks

Hi I had the same problem. For me it turned out that the data cable was not connecting properly to the Treo 650 (the pins of the plug to the 650 was not making a good connection) I ended up buying another T5 cable and redid the soldering an bingo
    Let me know if this helps
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Look at the files page at www.shadowmite.com

Wow ShadowMite. That url you gave me rocks.
    Thanks
    Has anyone else had a problem activating a hacked Treo 650 with Verizon customer service, where they will activate your phone but insist that it is incompatible with any data plans?

I followed the instructions in this forum (thank you everyone - worked like a charm) to convert a sprint treo 650 to verizon. When I called their customer service to activate my phone, I gave them the ESN number and they thought it was an old Motorola phone. I said "yup, that's what it is". The CS rep said "OK, great, but your data plan isn't compatible with this phone so I'm going to remove it".

I basically told her that this was a temporary phone while my treo 600 was being repaired, and that I didn't want her to remove anything from my account, but she said she couldn't activate it without removing the data plan. I said fine, go ahead and activate the phone.

I later called a verizon reseller where I had previously purchased some phones and had the guy call verizon and add the data plan back on. He called me and confirmed that they had added the data plan, and I later called verizon customer service myself and asked them to tell me what plans I was signed up for, and sure enough they listed the data plan.

However, I logged into their web site and see that my minutes have gone through the roof, which leads me to believe that my phone is using minutes for data, and not the data plan.

Has anybody else had any problems like this? Was there something special that you need to do to:
    #1 - get verizon to activate a data plan on a phone that they consider incompatible with it
    #2 - that if you do have a data plan, somehow confirm that your treo is using it rather than minutes for data?

I'm not sure if #1 automatically takes care of #2, or whether there is something you need to do on the phone.

If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.
    Quick question, Instead of all of this soldering, can we use adapters to create the serial cable?

Treo 650 USB ==> USB to PS2 adapter ==> PS2 to Serial port adapter

Will this work? Mines? Shadowmite?

Another question, Is the sprint 650 more stable for use on the verizon network than the original sprint 600 was?

gmc-treo
    Last edited by gmc-treo; 01/31/2005 at 10:00 AM.
    According to the Palm Developer site, this might be a source for Multiconnectors on their own.

https://www.northstarsystem.com/web/...dkcontent.php4
    Quote Originally Posted by gmc-treo
    Quick question, Instead of all of this soldering, can we use adapters to create the serial cable?

Treo 650 USB ==> USB to PS2 adapter ==> PS2 to Serial port adapter

gmc-treo
    Nope. Passthrough mode uses the Treo 650's serial connection, not USB. KWPST can talk through an USB-to-serial converter, however. Someone creatively suggested using the Treo's bluetooth to make a serial connection, but I had no luck geting KWPST to talk to it. Maybe we can ask Shadowmite to modify the btmanager program so that the bluetooth serial will replace the physical serial connection.
    Can anyone send me the Verizon PRL file or URL to download. I need the file when I browse the Roaming List 1 in the Koyocera Service Programming. If Mimes or Shadowmite are available, please sent. Many thanks.
    Is there a doctor in the house I have a treo 650 on the way and I need a Kyocera Wireless PST Chameleon 4.0 it's the only thing I am missing.
    Thanks....got it and Treo650 is working just fine........
    Quote Originally Posted by ST1R
    Is there a doctor in the house I have a treo 650 on the way and I need a Kyocera Wireless PST Chameleon 4.0 it's the only thing I am missing.
    go look around my site...

www.shadowmite.com

you'll find it...
    Thank you very much for making the 650 fully functional. If you need any help with testing I have access to all the current palm products. Let me know if I can help in any way.
    Can you access Get It Now with the converted phone? I wanna be the first to possibly access Picture Messaging?
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    OKAY, got all software downloaded to the phone. Now, I'm trying to call verizon cs and I'm getting a disconnect from customer service. I used my current cell number - didn't work. I used the one that's in the phone info on the t650 - didn't work (plus it's only a 10-digit number). What have I not done right? Help!
    Quote Originally Posted by simba
    OKAY, got all software downloaded to the phone. Now, I'm trying to call verizon cs and I'm getting a disconnect from customer service. I used my current cell number - didn't work. I used the one that's in the phone info on the t650 - didn't work (plus it's only a 10-digit number). What have I not done right? Help!
    I don't understand. Are you trying to call from your cell phone? Don't do that. Call from a land-line and ask them to activate your ESN.
    I was on craigslist.com tonight and saw an ad selling the Treo cable/activation instructions that possibly may have come from this thread. I am pissed about this!

I've been following this thread since the great Miles original post and his insructions. I marveled at the bright and enterprising and amazing people, starting from the great Miles, who have figured out a way to enjoy the fruits of technology, despite the bureaucracies of Verizon. So I wasn't happy to see that "someone else" other than these great people on this thread might be using the creativity of Miles and others to self-benefit falsely. Here's the ad on craigslist.com, a website featuring web classifieds. This ad was under electronics for sale. If this person did steal it from this thread, I think we all need to send a message to ebay.

Treo 650 CDMA unlocked to work for Verizon - $38 (alameda)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Reply to: anon-57772443@craigslist.org
    Date: 2005-01-30, 10:51PM PST

*******I sold over 5 Sprint TReO 650 that work for VERiZON Wirreless already. Wonder how I unlocked it???********

Please read my last couple sales, You’ll see how Ebayers love my Phones and how High they bidded for my Treo 650.
    (just go to ebay.com and search for Treo 650 unlocked) my user id is phong24)

This AD is for Easy Instructions and Programs that will show you how to Make the USB cable to UNLOCK Sprint TREO 650…Will work for VERIZON CDMA
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    GalenMD - yes, did it from my working cell phone. I misread the instructions which I mis-read - to call from the treo650. Go figure! After friggin' some many calls on the t650, I then called vz on my current cell and bingo! It went easy - told them it was a phone I bought on ebay (audiovox cdm9900). Seems vz needs to know what kind of phone it is (the ESN # isn't sufficent). Anway - I am on - THANKS EVERYONE! I did it all last night. So now to check out all the phone workings. So, I just make sure to keep the browser / net connections turned off - phone is okay to be on all the time - and I won't get charged a million dollars (ha). I am trying to check on line for my verizon account and noticed that the webservices are not available - oh brother.

Again - many thanks!
    How do I get blazer to come up via the Verizon Network? It says "Your phone must be configured for Vision services. This process will take a few minutes. Would you like to do this now?"

Any ideas? It it possible for me to browse through the Blaser browser via the Verizon network? I do not have any data plans. Thanks.
    Verizon accepted the 650 ESN as an Audiovox cmd9100 but disabled my 49.99 data plan. Right now I can't seem to get any data. Is it possible they made it so that the phone cannot do data? Shouldn't it just go to minutes?

Mobileguy