Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
    OK... my phone will be here tomorrow as per UPS.

???s

1. I have searched this entire post for DUN and I still don't know if it works on the Verizon type phone or not! Can someone tell me if I can use shadowmite's DUN patch from his site? AND could you please tell me EXACTLY what I do to setup.

2. Should I do sound quality patch before adding any extra apps?

thanks to all my treos in advance
    I recommend that you perform any ROM updates before you install any apps, especially since you will have to do a hard reset afterwards. Do the conversion before or after. It doesn't matter.
    I am all finished... just need to call Verizon

But I am getting the following error and can't shut off the phone:

Passthrough disable failed

Thanks in advance.
    Well all... I say thanks to ALL who posted in this thread.

As for my previous thread... soft reseting worked.

I am now Verizonified. I used Audiovox CDM9900 as my phone, this way I can try to see if picture messaging will work later. So for all out there, you can use CDM9900.
    Can a Verizonized Treo be updated if Palm comes out with some fixes, or will it require re-Verizoning? Thanks....
    I remember re-Verizoning from my old 600 after the Sprint firmware update and it required you to do the PRL again and EN settings.

Quote Originally Posted by MobileGuy
    Can a Verizonized Treo be updated if Palm comes out with some fixes, or will it require re-Verizoning? Thanks....
    Mines,

I'm looking for a serial cable. I heard over at shadowmite.com that I might be able to get from you. Is that possible?

Thanks,
    -Ken
    for those of you who have played with the DUN... I've seen posts of people reporting pretty fasts internet speeds (at or near 115 kbps), and I am wondering if I am doing something incorrectly.

I have Windows discover the DUN when it is turned on and created a dial-up profile. The number to dial is #777, username is xxxxxxxxxx@vzw3g.com (xs are my phone number), and password is vzw. The bluetooth connection to the Treo shows 115 kbps, but my Internet speed responds rather slowly. I tried testing my speed on dslreports.com a few times and got around 6 kbps download speed.

It should be much faster. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!
    I have read almost all of the post here and there is alot of great info. The only thing that concerns me is if all the features of the phone will work once switched to Verizon. If not what will and won't work? Thanks in advance.
    Hey everyone, I just got a response from Verizon about the Treo 650. It's worth a good laugh, that's all.

Here it is.

Thank you for contacting the Verizon Wireless website regarding the Palm Treo 650. We appreciate your interest in the latest technology in wireless phones, and we are happy to assist you.

At this time we do not have a release date of when we will be selling the Palm Treo 650. Currently, we are unable to provide information regarding which equipment is being considered or approximate release dates, as this may raise expectations that may not be met.

At present, there are several wireless phones being tested for functionality and reliability with our network. Verizon Wireless will not offer a product or service unless it meets the high standards our customers have come to expect.

Although we do not have the handset you are looking for at this time, we invite you to view our current phone selection for a possible alternative. To view available equipment, please click on the "Products" tab at the top of our www.verizonwireless.com homepage, and then chose "Phones" from the drop down menu.

Additionally, if you would like to receive e-mail updates regarding new products and services, please click on "E-mail Updates" from the "Support" tab located at the top of our www.verizonwireless.com homepage.

We appreciate your business. Please contact us at our website for any of your future needs. Again, thank you for using Verizon Wireless products and services.

Sincerely,

Mary Kay
    Verizon Wireless
    Customer Service

"We never stop working for you!"
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frostbyte5014
    At present, there are several wireless phones being tested for functionality and reliability with our network. Verizon Wireless will not offer a product or service unless it meets the high standards our customers have come to expect.

Allow me to translate:

"We don't want another lawsuit, so we're not going to release anything that might **** you all off."
    I read it like this. As long as we can sell the phones that we currently offer, we are going to milk it for all that it is worth. We are not in the habbit of bidding on contracts with phone manufacture's. We prefer them to come to us and beg us to sell their product. Oh and by the way "We never stop working for you!" Ha Ha.
    can anyone answer my question?
    Hi I have a question. Could anyone provide me with a link to download chameleon?
    I've basically read 4400 + posts and just bought a treo 650. Thannks for any help.
    Quote Originally Posted by luvdldy
    OK... my phone will be here tomorrow as per UPS.

???s

I have searched this entire post for DUN and I still don't know if it works on the Verizon type phone or not! Can someone tell me if I can use shadowmite's DUN patch from his site? AND could you please tell me EXACTLY what I do to setup.

thanks to all my treos in advance
    Can someone please answer this question? Thanks!
    Just make sure you have "National Access" on your account or you will be charged for Data. I was told that under the new rules Verizon will not provide "National Access" to Treo users, but the other phones similar to the Kyocera still get "National Access". I switched the phone to an old Kyocera ESN and had them add "National Access" and then switched back to my Treo650 (Thanks to Mines...THE GREAT)
  17. dnt
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Okay, who here is done with their cable and willing to sell me thier working cable. I tried for the last 4 hours to get my cable to work. I'm too tired to try anymore...
    Same here. I just spent the last five hours fiddling with the cable and I get nothing. I am using the Tungsten data cable from CompUSA and I was wondering if I should connect the wires from the Future Dial directly to the pins in the Tungsten connector without the circuit board. Or solder both the pins and the wires to the little circuit board that came with the Tungsten cable. Also, I am located in Maryland and if anybody close to me has a cable that I could borrow or rent that would be awesome.
    Ohh forgot to mention when i connect the cable to the Treo and run BitPim i get this error, "The port you are using is echoing data back, and is not valid for Brew data. Most likely you have selected the modem instead of the service connection..."

Any ideas guys? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by emeth
    Hi I have a question. Could anyone provide me with a link to download chameleon?
    I've basically read 4400 + posts and just bought a treo 650. Thannks for any help.
    Look at the files page at www.shadowmite.com