Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 762
  1. #21  
    Do you really need the 3.3v converter? I would think the treo could take either 3.3v of 5v signals. Is it required or were you just being safe.

    Do you have the wiring diagram that shows which pins are which signals. I have the treo 650 usb cable on order and I am going to hack it the same way you did as soon as I get mine.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by mines
    I called CS and activeted Treo 650 sucessfully.

    I test express network and works great. Web Suffing & Mail work fine!
    Mines,

    I'm looking forward to the details of your conversion like everyone else. But after you're done with that, could you please check and see if Verizon's Wireless Sync application works on the Treo 650? The reason I ask is that everyone else will be able to test all the other apps on 650's activated on Sprint, but the Wireless Sync app is ONLY used on Verizon and I use that application more than any other.

    Like I said, the conversion details are the most important. But later on, if you could check the compatability of Verizon's Wireless Sync app, it would be GREATLY appreciated.
  3. #23  
    Figures. I don't look at this forum for just one day and already mines has got it all worked out! Great job once again.

    mines, if you could please post a diagram with a wiring schematic, then any of us could find a way to make a cable. Hey, come to think of it, I still have my old serial cable for the 600. Can that cable be hacked to work with a 650 cable?

    Now it's time for me to decide how long to wait before I do this. I really hate not having a solid protection plan. It would be nice to just walk into a store and do an exchange if something went bad with the phone. OTOH, I had a chance to play with a colleague's 650 yesterday. It really is a great improvement. The camera is sooooo much better, I was shocked.
  4. #24  
    Great work mines. My 650 was shipped yesterday so I should have it tomorrow. Why won't the T600 cable work? Did they change things that much that all my chargers/cables/etc won't work with the 650?
  5. #25  
    If there was such a thing as an adaptor to convert the old style port to the new style port, maybe we could use our existing serial cables. To my knowledge, no such animal exists.
  6. #26  
    Excellent work. Thanks for the informative post. Sounds like it's time for me to upgrade. The high resolution screen is the main draw for me, especially for internet browsing, snappermail, and documents to go.
  7.    #27  
    Ok guys.

    Here is ..
    Preparation

    1) Tungsten T5 USB Datacable
    You can buy at ebay.com around $7
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...734792758&rd=1
    http://images.auctionhelper.com/imag.../DC%20m500.jpg

    2) FutureDial Mobile Phone Data Cable for LG 1200, Models (Cable #19)
    You can get it at RadioShack around $20
    http://php.chol.com/~mines/photo/023...LgIMG_2324.jpg

    3) Soldering Iron, Lead

    Rock & Roll
    1) Open the dongle in the middle of phone data cable.

    http://php.chol.com/~mines/photo/023...LgIMG_2325.jpg

    If the chipset is PL2303, BingGo. This is the USB2Serial Bridge with 3.3V LineDriver.
    http://user.chollian.net/~mines/pl2303.pdf

    2) Disassemble the Tungsten T5 cable and cut all wire. We need only the connector for Treo650.
    http://php.chol.com/~mines/photo/023...LgIMG_2331.jpg

    3) Now, We need to wire step by step.
    http://php.chol.com/~mines/photo/023...LgIMG_2327.jpg
    http://user.chollian.net/~mines/palmone.pdf

    Important points are

    PL2303 TX -------- Treo 650 RX
    PL2303 RX -------- Treo 650 TX
    PL2303 GND ------ Treo 650 GND

    Tx and Rx must be connected each other.

    http://php.chol.com/~mines/photo/023...LgIMG_2326.jpg
    http://php.chol.com/~mines/photo/023...LgIMG_2330.jpg

    5) Install FutureDial USB2Serial Driver
    http://www.futuredial.com/support/do...ficdrivers.zip

    6) Install BitPim to get MSL Code. Treo 650 use 115200 bps
    http://bitpim.sourceforge.net
  8. #28  
    Is there any particular reason why my PST software won't let me write to the phone? Nothing happens when I click "Write to phone".
  9. #29  
    you can surf the web on verizon? i thought verizon's data plan didn't do web surfing (just email, etc...)
    if i'm wrong, that makes me really happy

    also, anyone have any concrete details when a LEGIT verizon treo 650 can be expected?

    thanks,
    matt
  10. trayip's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    #30  
    Hey mines and others,

    Could anyone actually make cables for us? We would pay you from $50 - $100, and you could purchase the necessary cables and whatnot, and you send us the "Treo 650" cable to set up (since i'm not sure if giving ESN's over the internet is a good idea)?

    Tray
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by cr650
    Is there any particular reason why my PST software won't let me write to the phone? Nothing happens when I click "Write to phone".

    To update my own question: The PST software won't let me change the MSL # to 000000. So now I think I am connecting to Verizon, but any call attempt is immeadiatly dropped. Am I missing a setting? or step?
  12. #32  
    Does anyone know what folder under BitPim where I can find the MSL Code?
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by cr650
    Is there any particular reason why my PST software won't let me write to the phone? Nothing happens when I click "Write to phone".
    Well, I have no idea. Please reinstall the software again.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by mattkopko
    you can surf the web on verizon? i thought verizon's data plan didn't do web surfing (just email, etc...)
    if i'm wrong, that makes me really happy

    also, anyone have any concrete details when a LEGIT verizon treo 650 can be expected?

    thanks,
    matt
    My plan can surf internet without problem.
    As I know, Express Network can be available according to the plan and the time you subscribe.
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by justin801
    Does anyone know what folder under BitPim where I can find the MSL Code?
    Click on the Filesystem tab and go to nvm --> nvm --> and right click on nvm_0002 and choose Hexdump. You may have to try right clicking on one of the other files (nvm_0003, etc).

    Becareful, you can see two 6 digits. First 6 digits is One time Key and second is MSL.

    Check this link
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=48493
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by cr650
    To update my own question: The PST software won't let me change the MSL # to 000000. So now I think I am connecting to Verizon, but any call attempt is immeadiatly dropped. Am I missing a setting? or step?
    Well, You must change the MSL as #000000 and call verizon CS to change ESN.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by mines
    Click on the Filesystem tab and go to nvm --> nvm --> and right click on nvm_0002 and choose Hexdump. You may have to try right clicking on one of the other files (nvm_0003, etc).

    Becareful, you can see two 6 digits. First 6 digits is One time Key and second is MSL.

    Check this link
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=48493
    Thank you I got the MSL Code. My next problem is the PST Service Pro say "This phone model is not supported" Please help.
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by GalenMD
    If there was such a thing as an adaptor to convert the old style port to the new style port, maybe we could use our existing serial cables. To my knowledge, no such animal exists.
    I'm not sure Treo 650 can accept over 3.3V singaling.
    According to the datasheet, new multiconnector (Tungsten T5 and Treo 650) only accept 3.3V signaling. Treo 600 just described TTL signaling. Voltage is not specified, but it accept general RS-232C signaling.

    Is there somebody who connect RS-232C cable to Treo 650 directly? Your treo 650 might be damaged.
    Last edited by mines; 11/29/2004 at 09:41 AM.
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by trayip
    Hey mines and others,

    Could anyone actually make cables for us? We would pay you from $50 - $100, and you could purchase the necessary cables and whatnot, and you send us the "Treo 650" cable to set up (since i'm not sure if giving ESN's over the internet is a good idea)?

    Tray
    I can sell mine.
  20. #40  
    Mines, do you know why the PST Service Program saying "This phone model is not supported"
Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions