Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
    They can handle it - I did it Sunday night at like 9:00PM PST, and they answered right away. Make sure you tell them it is an Audiovox CDM9100 phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefsalami
    They can handle it - I did it Sunday night at like 9:00PM PST, and they answered right away. Make sure you tell them it is an Audiovox CDM9100 phone.
    Yes!!!

This step is critical. When I verizonfied my 600, there were no issues. Vz insisted that it was still a 7135. I tried the same tonight, and the CSR just got stuck. He was very nice, and said "the computer is showing this as an Audiovox." I answered, "Of course. I'm sorry about that."

I'm now up and running for phone. I will activate data shortly.
    Do they give you any problems with regard to unlimited data plans for your account when you activate the "Audiovox"? Its such an old phone I am surprised that thing even had internet access available.

That being said, is it completely verified that internet access goes through your data plan and is not used as part of your minutes? I would hate to have to call and argue over a $2000 bill for overage on minutes... ;-)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgoodm
    Do they give you any problems with regard to unlimited data plans for your account when you activate the "Audiovox"? Its such an old phone I am surprised that thing even had internet access available.

That being said, is it completely verified that internet access goes through your data plan and is not used as part of your minutes? I would hate to have to call and argue over a $2000 bill for overage on minutes... ;-)

Thanks
    Good Questions.

Right now, my data isn't working at all. However, my plan should not be affected by what phone I have. I am working on it now to find out why I cannot connect.

edit: Nevermind. It seems a soft reset did the trick.
    Last edited by GalenMD; 01/18/2005 at 11:20 PM.
    Hey guys! I currently have a Treo 600 on verizon. I really want to get a 650 for the bluetooth feature. My friend has a Jabra bluetooth wireless headset for his Motorola and it sounds great. You can't even tell he is on a headset. Anybody has any experience with bluetooth headsets on the 650?
    I am also in LA and would like some help with converting a Sprint 650 to the verizon network. I am willing to pay for someone's time to help me or complete the process for me.

Thanks!
    Is there a difference if i buy the phone from sprint and the activate in on VZ, or wait for it to come out for VZ sometime this decade? If i do activate a sprint phone, is there anyone in the NYC area that is willing to help me in activation? Ive looked at the instructions and im a little intimitated . I live on Long Island! I would be greatfull!
    I'd be interested in paying someone to Verizonize a 650. In Colorado. If you could help or lead me to someone who might, please send me a private message. Thanks.
    Just got an unlocked phone for Verizon....tried four times today with Verizon to activate and was unsuccessful each time...I even tried telling them it was an Audiovox CDM9100 as suggested in an earlier post and still no go.
    I am going to try to activate it at a Verizon store this weekend to see if that works, but otherwise I am not having any luck.
    Any other stories or suggestions out there? Thanks.
    Well, I'm up and running almost entirely. However, I have one strange problem that I'm not sure how to fix. I purchased a used Treo650. When I go into the phone info screen, it lists a "PCS Vision Username" as the old user. This does not go away after a hard reset, not even before or after I do a sync. Is there a way to get rid of this? Does this affect me in any way? As another note, Datebk5 will not recognize my registration code. I thought that this was reflective of an incorrect UserID. I tried resetting that, but it didn't work.
    OK maybe I'm an *****, but there is something that I am not understanding about the making of the cable.

What exactly am I soldering?

On the Tungsten piece I have circled both ends: one RED, one BLUE.

I have put color around the center of the Future Dial AND the connector of the Tungsten.

How exactly will it look in the end? Maybe this will help me.

I am not understanding how exactly the Tungsten end will fit into the phone once soldering is done.

Thanks in advance
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Maybe I can help. Basically, your just replacing the phone connector on the Futuredial cable with the Tungsten connector.

Opening the center box on the futurewire cable is only to check the colors of the cables and confirm the chipset. Once you have identified the Rx and Tx colors, you are good to go. Close that back up.

Next, open the phone connector end on that same futuredial cable and identify those same wires as you just did above. Also, identify the ground. My ground was a stranded wire, wrapped in black insulation. Be careful, as many of the colored wire tips have black insulators on them as well. You only need those three wires. The other wires can be trimmed out of the way.

Next, open the phone connector end on the Tungsten cable. If you are using the travel cable from CompUSA, the follow the instructions in post #377. Follow it exactly so you don't destroy your cables (like I did).

Solder the wires from the end of the Futurewire cable to the back of the pins located in slots #8, 10 and 11 of the Tungsten connector. (Slot #4 is the first pin slot under that metal bracket).
    Quote Originally Posted by kevikevtmc
    Hi guys,
    I have the 650 and made the cable and was trying. I have everything else but the Kyocera Wireless PST 4.0 Chameleon (for K112 model) does anyone know where a link is for this or can somebody send me a PM????

Thanks
    kevikevtmc,

Check your PM.

drxacto
    While all this sounds great, I'm a bit worried that Verizon is going to catch on to a bunch of people adding the 650 to their network without them knowing. Is this actually legal? Can Verizon fine someone for doing this? Isn't it possible that Verizon can start checking numbers and verifying that they don't belong on their network? While this is great and I'd love to do this myself, knowing my luck as soon as I buy the phone, Verizon will tell me they can no longer enable this on their network.

Does anyone have any insight to this? I'm a bit skeptical...
    Quote Originally Posted by sf_basilix
    While all this sounds great, I'm a bit worried that Verizon is going to catch on to a bunch of people adding the 650 to their network without them knowing. Is this actually legal? Can Verizon fine someone for doing this? Isn't it possible that Verizon can start checking numbers and verifying that they don't belong on their network? While this is great and I'd love to do this myself, knowing my luck as soon as I buy the phone, Verizon will tell me they can no longer enable this on their network.

Does anyone have any insight to this? I'm a bit skeptical...
    Many of us have been at this for awhile. There is nothing illegal about it. We own the phone and the software, as long as its for our own personal use. We pay for our service with Verizon. Nobody is stealing from anybody else and everyone who wants to get paid is getting paid; p1 makes money, Vz makes money, and we have a product we like. Vz also has no responsibility to warranty our phones. It's our problem. Besides, so few of us actually do this, I can't imagine why they would care.
    I'm only asking, not to stir the pot, but because I'm trying to understand this a little better. I saw someone post earlier that they were telling Verizon it was another type of phone and not the 650 and this a concern to me. If there were problems with activating it using the online web form, could I actually call Verizon and tell them that I'm installing this phone on their network? Wouldn't they deny me because the phone hasn't been fully tested and could cause problems on their network? Don't get me wrong - I am very much wanting to do this, but I also don't want to be fined for putting something on a network that doesn't belong there. For instance, what's to stop anyone from putting any phone on the Verizon network using this method? I only ask because I keep hearing about petitions many are signing against the phone companies that would let consumers use whatever phone they want.

These are all just "what-if" scenarios. I understand support wouldn't be there - that's cool. But what if the phone does cause disruption in their network - couldn't they fine or sue you for this? Can I legally call them and tell them to activate my 650 on their network and they not care about it?

Again, I'm just trying to see what's the catch. I would *LOVE* to have the 650 on the Verizon network - but I just want to know what the catches are.

Thanks for your replies!
    OK Galen (or whomever else maybe able to help). Will the two connector ends snap together to go into the phone OR. I am still not frigging getting it and I'm getting pissed.

How exactly will the connector fit into the phone. Does anyone have step by step photos?

I am not getting a clear understanding. I am about to buy this phone, but I don't want to get it and not be able to do the procedure!

HELP or can someone just make me the DAM$ cable.
    Thanks to everyone who helped make this information avaliable!

I ended up doing the reprogramming with the Qualcomm PST...

Thanks!!
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I can understand your concern sf_basilix. Your not going to damage Verizon in any way at all. Sprint PCS and Verizon wireless use the same CDMA network. Sprint phones (dual band) can and do roam on Verizons network without issue. Verizon may like to tell you and everyone else that they wait to release phones because of their "extensive" QA process, but it simply is not true. I do use the Treo 650 on Verizon's network and I have also used the Sprint T608 on Verizon. I am not enirely sure why Verizon would be hesitant to activate the Treo 650 on their network other than the fact that they don't want the tech support headache.

I had no problem activating my Treo 650 from Verizon. I gave them the ESN. The customer service operator said the ESN was not in their database of phones. I told her it was a Sprint Treo 650 that I had manually loaded with a Verizon PRL and she said OK.

I would venture to said that your best bet is to tell the truth. That you want to activate a Treo 650 and all you need them to do is assign the ESN to your account.

Quote Originally Posted by sf_basilix
    I'm only asking, not to stir the pot, but because I'm trying to understand this a little better. I saw someone post earlier that they were telling Verizon it was another type of phone and not the 650 and this a concern to me. If there were problems with activating it using the online web form, could I actually call Verizon and tell them that I'm installing this phone on their network? Wouldn't they deny me because the phone hasn't been fully tested and could cause problems on their network? Don't get me wrong - I am very much wanting to do this, but I also don't want to be fined for putting something on a network that doesn't belong there. For instance, what's to stop anyone from putting any phone on the Verizon network using this method? I only ask because I keep hearing about petitions many are signing against the phone companies that would let consumers use whatever phone they want.

These are all just "what-if" scenarios. I understand support wouldn't be there - that's cool. But what if the phone does cause disruption in their network - couldn't they fine or sue you for this? Can I legally call them and tell them to activate my 650 on their network and they not care about it?

Again, I'm just trying to see what's the catch. I would *LOVE* to have the 650 on the Verizon network - but I just want to know what the catches are.

Thanks for your replies!
    Thank you for this update. I feel much better now and am probably going to consider buying the phone. Knowing that you did tell Verizon that it was a Sprint phone and they didn't mind makes me feel a ton better.

You have a great group of resourceful people here - keep up the good work!
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Your CSR might say no. Just thank them nicely and call back to get someone else.