Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ideefixe
    Prefs --> Network --> [menu] --> Options --> View Log

then type in: pdpset 1 [enter]

Now configure your EN or QNC connection.
    thanx! I didn't hit <ENTER> after the "pdpset 1". Work's really well!
    I give up. I have been attempting to solder this damn thing all night. Who has a cable that I can buy? Anybody in L.A. by chance?
    Quote Originally Posted by GalenMD
    I give up. I have been attempting to solder this damn thing all night. Who has a cable that I can buy? Anybody in L.A. by chance?
    I would send you mine but I doubt it would survive the shipping process lol take a look at it: http://community.webshots.com... I wouldn't give up yet it took me until the second day to actually get my cable to work and connect to bitpim. And I was just about to give up when it started to work. You could always buy one from that one site mentioned earier in the forum but those are expensive... like 70 dollars which is why I decided to try and make it myself.
    With the Verizonified 650's, what are the data rate speeds?

Browse to dslreports.com/mspeed and select the 200K file.

Please report.

Also, does Bluetooth DUN work with either the hack or with PDANet?
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Tested my Verizonized 650 at dslreports.com/mspeed per request.

111 kbit/sec
    1.981s latency
    16.189 d/l time

I ran the test three times, and cleared the cache each time.

Although I have installed the Bluetooth DUN patch, I do not have a BT computer to test with yet; sorry.

HTH
    We seem to have a lot of information that's spread out all over the place.

I have a website that has a few hundred Meg to spare. I'm more than willing to host any and all files, step by step instructions, etc in a dedicated web page that anyone can link to if need be.

Simply send me the information you want up on the page and I'll create the webpage and post the link here.

With this many newbe's about (including myself), keep the information simple and straightforward. Step by step instructions would be best, along with any pictures and files.

Email any info to MightyDingus at Gmail.c o m and I will get the info up as soon as I receive it.

Or, of one of the brains behind this (Mines, BigKahunas123, etc...) wants to create the page themselves, let me know and I'll give them access to create and edit the page themselves.

Richard
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveNYC

111 kbit/sec
    1.981s latency
    16.189 d/l time

Although I have installed the Bluetooth DUN patch, I do not have a BT computer to test with yet; sorry.

HTH
    Those are good results, especially the latency.

You can try a trial of PDANet with the hotsync cable instead of BT.

junefabrics.com
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery

111 kbit/sec
    1.981s latency
    16.189 d/l time

HTH
    Did you use shadowmite's patch? I've converted my phone but I was wondering if it's safe to apply the rom update with DUN. Would I need to reconvert the phone after I apply that patch?
    I used Shadowmite's patch, but I did not use any of his customizes ROMs. At least not yet. At some point I intend to.

As for needing to reconvert the phone, I don't know.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Well My phone should be here tomorrow, I have the chamelion, I have the bitpm, I am pretty much ready. I have a couple of questions.....

1) I still have the verizon prl from when I converted my 600, is this the same prl file that I need tor the 650?

2) I have seen a treo 650 cable posted that is available at this site, has onyone used this cable to program the treo or do I actually have to make one? I dont really have the tools or the skills to solder a cable. ( http://www.pcables.com/cat1.html )
    I used Shadowmite's patch, but I did not use any of his customizes ROMs. At least not yet. At some point I intend to.

As for needing to reconvert the phone, I don't know.
    I read in some of the other threads that it should be fine so I went ahead and applied the rom. Works great, no reconfiguration was necessary other than the hotsync.
    Come on guys!
    I'm sitting here with the gorgeous 650 and can't do anything with it until I get a cable. Doesn't somebody have one to spare??
    I'm a pretty handy guy, but really butchered the travel cable I was trying to use. I'm kind of over the "let me try it myself" thing.
    Hey GalenMD...where do you live again? PM if you are near NYC. I can send the cable but I need it this weekend Let me know.
    Quote Originally Posted by GalenMD

you are trying to solder pins and wires in mid-air
    re-attach the little circuit board alternate pin to front and back of board and
    use the board to solder on.

see thread #339
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenzytom
    Hey GalenMD...where do you live again? PM if you are near NYC. I can send the cable but I need it this weekend Let me know.
    Quote Originally Posted by quedawg

see thread #339
    Thanks, Frenzy, but I'm on the "left" coast.

Quedawg, that's a good idea. I totally butchered all the pins on the cable I bought and now I have to throw the whole thing out. I just wish I could find a connecter with all the pins in the right location already. I think I will buy a new cable, along with a new iron since the one I have has a very wide tip and shouldn't be used for fine wiring like this. Always use the right tools!!

Since my plans for the day got cancelled (my son decided he wants to go to school instead of disneyland ), I think I'll futz around with this a little longer.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jtayler
    Well My phone should be here today, I have the chamelion, I have the bitpm, I am pretty much ready. I have a couple of questions.....

1) I still have the verizon prl from when I converted my 600, is this the same prl file that I need tor the 650?

2) I have seen a treo 650 cable posted that is available at this site, has onyone used this cable to program the treo or do I actually have to make one? I dont really have the tools or the skills to solder a cable. ( http://www.pcables.com/cat1.html )
    Could someone please helpp me with the two questions that I have left. I would like to go ahead and order the cable but not if it wont work. Please help me out if there is any info on this.

Thanks,
    Quote Originally Posted by jtayler
    Could someone please helpp me with the two questions that I have left. I would like to go ahead and order the cable but not if it wont work. Please help me out if there is any info on this.

Thanks,
    I used the 50018 PRL, I'm pretty sure that's the same file you are talking about. Not sure about that particular cable, I made one according to mine's specs...
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dahwong1
    I used the 50018 PRL, I'm pretty sure that's the same file you are talking about. Not sure about that particular cable, I made one according to mine's specs...
    That is the prl that I have, I am glad to hear that I am only lacking the cable now. Is anyone on the board making or renting their cables out? I would be interested in either purchasing one or renting it for a day or two.

JT

111 kbit/sec
    1.981s latency
    16.189 d/l time

HTH
    I'm confused as to which cable you used for this test and the DUN. Is is the regular hotsynch cable or is it the one you guys hacked to verizionify the phone??

-kevikevtmc
    Quote Originally Posted by quedawg

see thread #339
    Way to go quedawg!!!

I have created the cable, flashed shadowmites ROM, changed the banner, MSL, now I'm ready to call Verizon!

Do you think they can handle this at night, or should I wait until daytime?