Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
    I can make a cable, or talk you through it if you can solder.
    can someone email bigkahunas123 and me the Chameleon PST software? My email address is chiefsalami at hotmail dot com. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefsalami
    can someone email bigkahunas123 and me the Chameleon PST software? My email address is chiefsalami at hotmail dot com. Thanks!
    I will be happy to host/distribute it if someone will get it to me.
    I have successfully Verizon-ized a Treo 650 using the wire PalmOne Wire from CompUSA ($16.99). I was a little more work but it worked fine. I am in Houston Texas if someone else needs the wire, or software.
    Thank to all for ongoning information.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigkahunas123
    I will be happy to host/distribute it if someone will get it to me.
    Help is on the way. bigkahunas123, I am about to email you Chameleon.
    Quote Originally Posted by bbear523
    Help is on the way. bigkahunas123, I am about to email you Chameleon.
    There is a God and my prayers are answered ... thanks bbear

I'll pass on the favor to others ... yippee!
    don't forget me! thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by quedawg
    I have successfully Verizon-ized a Treo 650 using the wire PalmOne Wire from CompUSA ($16.99). I was a little more work but it worked fine. I am in Houston Texas if someone else needs the wire, or software.
    Thank to all for ongoning information.
    So do you mean you used an un-modified cable? Or you still needed to buy the LG cable and modify it with a Palm cable?
    Can someone ship me a cable today overnighted???? I'll pay cable cost cost of shipping plus cable cost, etc. Or if anyone is in Southern California, I'll glady bring the Treo by and pay you to just switch it for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefsalami
    So do you mean you used an un-modified cable? Or you still needed to buy the LG cable and modify it with a Palm cable?

no I used the radio shack lg 1200 wire (cable #19) and the Tung5/treo 650 travel cable at compUSA, (by PalmOne) only this wire has the right connector but the pins are in the wrong slots, usb.. not RX, TX
    you have to take it apart and relocate the pins then solder
    I took pictures to send to shadowmite but my camera sucks it is only 2.1mp
    very blurry close up, I spent an extra hour or so on the wire
    But I didn't have to wait for the cable to come through ebay, did the whole process in a half day. (1st time soldering)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigkahunas123
    There is a God and my prayers are answered ... thanks bbear

I'll pass on the favor to others ... yippee!
    I'm so happy I'm fit to be tied ... they said "Welcome to Verizon Wireless" .... YIPPEE and and a Bear Hug for bbear !!!! All I needed was the Chameleon PST, and he reached out and helped. Thanks Bro' . Well I've taken about every wrong turn and know all the alleys, so now it's my turn to help some other people.

First, let me offer this warning, straight from the Chameleon PST manual. Do not try to program your phone until you have a complete backup of it. If something fails half way thru writing the phone, and you have no backup, your phone is toast. They also say if anything hangs or goes wrong, what ever you do, do not disconnect or reset the phone. Keep trying again and again.

So, when you first enter your MSL (they call it a PSC) and read the phone data so you can later write back that data to the phone ... STOP. The PST recommends once you have read the phone, go to the menu DATA, and do a SAVE AS so you have a complete image of the phone. I read the phone three times and and saved my phone data three times ... not one to take chances, lol.
    that's awesome, I'm looking forward to converting my phone as well!

Can I get a copy of the PST software too please? I just realized I have the wrong version...
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I have been looking at this thread for quite awhile and I have finally aquired a Treo 650 with MSL . I have sucessfully activated a treo 600 with the help of mines and others on the forum.

I now would like to "turn" my treo 650 to the VZW side but cannot seem to find the Chamelion PST s/w. Can someone please send me a URL to the s/w or e-mail it to me it would be MUCH appreciated .

Thanks in advance,
    Is there something special that needs to be done to get the QNC or EN to work? I keep on getting this message "Preparing Vision Services..." Is there a step that I am missing that can get the EN or QNC working? Is there a way to remove the Sprint Provisioning service?
    Quote Originally Posted by engine000
    Hi shadowmite. There are 2 versions of the cable for the T650 at this site. Is it the one batteries or without?

Thanks a bunch!
    I was wondering this myself. Does it matter which of the two you get from pcables.com? I tried making my own cable but I kept getting a Not responding error message when I tried to run bitpim. I'm desperate now so if someone could help me out with this it would be greatly appreciated.
    Anybody have a list of Futuredial cables that have the correct chip in it? I plan on hitting radioshack today. Also, which are the B&M stores that carry a Treo USB cable?
    I am considering buying a cable or ordering the stuff on ebay, but I WANT IT NOW!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dahwong1
    Is there something special that needs to be done to get the QNC or EN to work? I keep on getting this message "Preparing Vision Services..." Is there a step that I am missing that can get the EN or QNC working? Is there a way to remove the Sprint Provisioning service?

Prefs --> Network --> [menu] --> Options --> View Log

then type in: pdpset 1 [enter]

Now configure your EN or QNC connection.
    Quote Originally Posted by LATreoGeek
    I used a similar "modified" cable, there was one catch, though...the pins that actually make contact with the 650 are one the USB connection ones. You have to take out the small pins and relocate them to the slots for serial TX and RX (pins 11 and 10). There was a small PCB that held the pins in place, so once you unsolder the PCB from the connector, you can slowly pull the pins out, move them over to the serial TX and RX and then attach them to the new cable. If anyone is in the LA area, send me a PM. I have cable and I "think" I have it all right. (Now I'm waiting for CS center to open so I can activate the phone!)

this is where i got most of my info, since this connector (from Comp USA) is not as wide, it only fit in the slot that cover pins 5-17 therefore subtract 4
    you have to remove metal brace, unsolder everything, pull pins out of back of connector and relocate to the 4th, 6th and 7th slot, use your phone to find which end is pin 5 and which is pin 17 (pics at http://php.chol.com/~mines/photo/023/ - 4th one down )
    Arrange pins so that the tips are alteranating. Back and front of board -this is give you more room to solder. Re-attached the little board (to solder on) and use the extra wire from the cable, strip and solder wires to tips at back of pins and board. Remember which color wire corresponds to TX, RX and DGround.
    I used the black and the bare wire in insulation for ground also. Attach the
    other end of the wires to correct place in/on "Future Dial" cable

follow rest of the intructions so TX- RX and RX -TX and DGND- DGND.

just use the pics from mines and realize this connector only goes from 5-17 instead of 1-17
    The connector will only attach the the phone one way so make sure you do not get it backwards , mark one end,
    Last edited by quedawg; 01/17/2005 at 02:08 AM.
    AWESOME! I just got my butchered cable to work and made the nessasary changes and bingo the 650 is online . Thanks to everyone who made it possible to do this
    count me in on the list of those hooked up! Many thanks to the help of bigkahunas123, who without his cable this would have been impossible. I am VERY HAPPY right now!