Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
    I had Alex "the Great" convert my treo today, but my voice mail doesn't dial *86 or any thing like it, it dials a series of 0's then 41414. Is there any way to change it to my cellphone # or *86 so when I hoild down the #1 key it dials my voicemail?

Tia

DrB
    The phone dials 0000009169 when it dials voice mail!

DrB
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBwell
    The phone dials 0000009169 when it dials voice mail!

DrB
    Performing Verizon's activation step will program both the MDN and MSID for you.

Dial *228
    then option 1

Wait til you hear a voice that says activation successful..
    then try dialing your voicemail again.

Alternatively, you can enter in manually with ##000000
    I just tried to do another *228 and the Voicemail still dials the wrong #. Can this be fixed or changed in the softwear. Also, do you have any issues with getting e-mail. The phone wants to dial Sprint and download some application, but that can't work since we are on Verizon!

DrB
    Fixed it, needed to reset phone! Still can't get mail to work!
    DrBwell, when you say that you couldn't get mail to work, can you get the Web at all? Are you having problems with data or just with e-mail? When Alex helped me convert my phone yesterday, the Verizon CSR took unlimited data off of my plan and I had to have it reenabled. Only took a few minutes to correct, but it confounded us at first.

Alex is a first class guy though, isn't he? Helped me out and asked for nothing in return. Then I met another TreoCentral reader while I was at J&R today picking up a Scala BT headset. Just goes to show that TreoCentral people are all over the place!
    Could somebody in the know please post details as to how to accomplisg hacking the Treo 650 over to the Verizon network with a Macintosh (without using Virtual PC)?

It woulod be GREATLY appreciated.
    Is there anyone in Houston Texas that has the cable and would be willing to rent it out.
    Thank you in advance

also when the Verizon finally comes out will the ROM be update-able
    Steve, Alex told me you stopped by. He really is great, and knows what he's doing. Send me PM and I will call you to discuss the above issues.

Thanks,

Barry
    Quote Originally Posted by gliderguider
    Could somebody in the know please post details as to how to accomplisg hacking the Treo 650 over to the Verizon network with a Macintosh (without using Virtual PC)?

I too would greatly appreciate this info. My Treo is due here today
    I don't know if that is possible to do this on a Mac (minus VPC) as the software needed to convert is PC only.

I tried converting my Treo 650 on Virtual PC 6 yesterday on my Powerbook and everything was working fine until I tried installing Chameleon...they said my Windows XP installer was old. I need to update my system and see if it works completely. Bitpim and the FutureDial software works fine though. Any PC users can help me find out what I need to get the older installer to work properly.

If it works properly, I will let everyone know what I did.

Quote Originally Posted by gliderguider

Sounds like yuo just need to run Windows Update. You'll need to use IE in your VPC and go to www.windowsupdate.com. If not - I have the Windows Installer somewhere around here at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenzytom
    I don't know if that is possible to do this on a Mac (minus VPC) as the software needed to convert is PC only.

I tried converting my Treo 650 on Virtual PC 6 yesterday on my Powerbook and everything was working fine until I tried installing Chameleon...they said my Windows XP installer was old. I need to update my system and see if it works completely. Bitpim and the FutureDial software works fine though. Any PC users can help me find out what I need to get the older installer to work properly.

If it works properly, I will let everyone know what I did.
    Thanks for the tip DJFriar. I will let you know if I run into update problems.
    Can a Verizonized 650 use their BroadbandAccess (a.k.a. EV-DO, I think) service? Apologies if this has been covered, but I did a search and the service seems to have 92 different names. Is BroadbandAccess the same as Express Network?
    Having a very frustrating problem on a 650...

I did everything necessary to put on VZW, but before I switched off my 600 I tested all my apps with Bluetooth to make sure it was good.

This morning I took the plunge, and got my ESN changed (I have a Broadband only account so just said I was switching cards). Started up EN and it worked perfectly. Chatter is working perfectly.

For some reason, however, Blazer and Versamail act like there is no network there. Any ideas?? I changed the NGG/ports to be blank, and I am connected since I can IM/email from Chatter.

Thanks, Tuc
    Never mind, soft reset and now they both (sorta) work. Versamail always seems not to be able to do its Auto-Sync. But Blazer is fine.
    Well I finally switched over to Verizon and did it all on the Mac (with the help of Virtual PC and Mines' cable [thanks mines], of course). It went without a hitch on the Mac but it was alittle slow considering the emulation. Windows XP did its update to get me to the latest Installer so I can use Chameleon, Bitpim and the FutureDial drivers. One thing I noticed was that you needed to reboot the OS everytime you did something with each software. But once you Pass-Enabled the phone, it was smooth. Good luck to all and yes it does work on a Mac!
    Hey everyone, would someone be so kind so as to email or PM me with the chameleon software and the Verizon PRL? Looks like I am going to follow suit as well. My email is chiefsalami at hotmail.com.

thanks!
    I'm having the same problems cr650 had. I can read my Treo fine by providing it my MSL, but I can't write the changes back to the Treo.

Can someone forward the Chameleon software to me? Mines kept it up only one day ...
    I can make the cable, but you'll have to figure out who's buying and shipping what to whom.