Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Anyone with the newer PST tool, please PM me a link... Thanks.
    Ok, I've got it now, I'll get it on my site where it is easy to find for everyone... It'll be on the patches/files page. Also, I found the old QPST (from a early page in this thread) DOES work, but you have to go to the serial port server mode and manually create the serial port it'll find the phone at.
    Alex, I'm on Long Island and will be picking up the Treo 650 this week, how can I get the cable from you?

Thanks,
    Barry
    drbwell@optonline.net
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Ok, I've got it now, I'll get it on my site where it is easy to find for everyone... It'll be on the patches/files page. Also, I found the old QPST (from a early page in this thread) DOES work, but you have to go to the serial port server mode and manually create the serial port it'll find the phone at.
    Shadowmite,

I used the Qualcomm PST that I found in a link earlier in the thread and it worked for me with no special steps required. I just started it up and told it to read from the phone, changed my settings and told it to write to the phone. Bingo, it worked.

Cool Cat
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    HELP!!! I am in Alaska trying to use a local wireless provider (A.C.S.) Alaska Communication Systems, I followed the instructions but since we dont have Verizon cell sites up here I cant do the *228 to update the PRL for Verizon (who roams with A.C.S.) !!
    Now the phone wont reply to ANY ## codes?!?!?!?
    What now? Also It displays the Treo welcome when turning on the phone instead of the Sprint!
    How do I get the ## codes to work again?
    Quote Originally Posted by vjdupree
    HELP!!! I am in Alaska trying to use a local wireless provider (A.C.S.) Alaska Communication Systems, I followed the instructions but since we dont have Verizon cell sites up here I cant do the *228 to update the PRL for Verizon (who roams with A.C.S.) !!
    Now the phone wont reply to ANY ## codes?!?!?!?
    What now? Also It displays the Treo welcome when turning on the phone instead of the Sprint!
    How do I get the ## codes to work again?
    Delete the phone_logo overlay you installed...
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    How do I delete it?
    Guys--First off, BIG PROPS to Shadowmite--he came through on a cable for me and shipped it promptly--just wanted to acknowledge his professionalism! Now for my problem--the (*&&^% Kyocera PST s/w crashes (just after it fails to see my T650!) Any help on alternative s/w (qualcomm??) and where to get it would be great!!
    Man--All I needed was a beer! Got the ()&)_^%) PST s/w working on the 5TH try--phone is programmed w/ Verizon PRL--now just need to make a trip to my friendly (!!) Verizon store. Have I mentioned that I love you guys?? Maybe that wasn't 1 beer--but 6!!
    Beer or no beer, there's a lot of love in this thread.
    ~'kito
    All right you guys have convinced me. I'm going to go for it. I've been keeping up with this thread and it seems like this really will work. I was going to wait for that Audiovox XV6600 but I think I'd rather have something that would fit in my pocket(I got to play around with a treo 600 yesterday and really liked the size of it). I just need to buy a completed cable from someone. If someone would please drop me a PM and let me know that their interested in selling me one I would greatly appreciate it.
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodieism
    All right you guys have convinced me. I'm going to go for it. I've been keeping up with this thread and it seems like this really will work. I was going to wait for that Audiovox XV6600 but I think I'd rather have something that would fit in my pocket(I got to play around with a treo 600 yesterday and really liked the size of it). I just need to buy a completed cable from someone. If someone would please drop me a PM and let me know that their interested in selling me one I would greatly appreciate it.
    I still don't know... I've been going back-forth..
    I'd like to give it a try, but if it doesn't work, or something crashes, I'm not techno-talented enough to figure it out. I can't afford too much downtime with my mobile phone in my biz (can anyone?). Also, the data plans for VZN seem very expensive compared to the Sprint $15/mo. Re. the cable, I know that Mines has been generously offering to sell completed cables, and I think other people on this thread. Good luck and let me know how it goes for you!
    Thanks MINES you are Great. Just wanted to thank Mines for his professionalism and his help in upgrading my Treo650 for use to Verizon. He was very prompt and did this without asking for any payment. I shipped my New Sprint Treo650 to him in California via FedEx and he returned it the next day!!!!!!!!!!!!

I say all this because another TreCentral ripped me off by agreeing to upgrade my Treo for a payment of $50.00 and then just stealing it once he received it via FedEx (His handle is Justin801). His name is Justin Truong, (Justin801) 5066 W. Black Granite Way, West Valley City, UT 84120 Phone: 801-633-2565

I have filed a theft report against jUSTIN801 with the Salt Lake City Police.
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    CoolCat, congrats on getting your 650 up'n running on VZN.
    I think I heard of someone else having this dilema, and it turned out that the internet minutes ended up being free at least during nights and weekends!! Does this sound right? Have you gotten a bill since this post?
    Also, excuse my ignorance, but what is QNC?
    I think EN is their internet/data service, right? This is the one that normally costs $49/mo for PDA/smartphones? Thanks.. UT

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Cat
    Posting this from my 650!

I've got Express Network working, which is what I'm using right now, but I'm having trouble with QNC. I was actually surprised to find that EN works since I don't have it on my plan anymore. I'm actually a little worried that I may be racking up mega-charges for using it without a plan. Anyway, I'd really just like to get QNC working. I've followed the directions that were given for the 600 conversion, which is basically the same setup as what was on my 7135, but I can't get a connection. Has anyone got a QNC connection on their Verizonified 650? I'd love to hear how you did it!

Cool Cat
    Quote Originally Posted by GarySeven
    Guys--First off, BIG PROPS to Shadowmite--he came through on a cable for me and shipped it promptly--just wanted to acknowledge his professionalism! Now for my problem--the (*&&^% Kyocera PST s/w crashes (just after it fails to see my T650!) Any help on alternative s/w (qualcomm??) and where to get it would be great!!
    Even though you got it working now, let me help and mention that QPST software was in this post:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...1&postcount=47

It's a SLOW download, maybe I'll add it to my site later...
    On this site: http://php.chol.com/~mines/photo/028/ under Required Software does Verizon PRL refer to the file located here: http://discussion.treocentral.... under post #4? I'm not sure if its the right one because that one was for the Treo 600 or does that file work for both the Treo 600 and 650?
    Okay, probably a dumb question, but figured better safe than sorry. If converting a t650 that currently is on Sprint, is it necessary to cancel your Sprint account BEFORE the transition to Verizon?
    Ok, I'm biting. I ordered my Treo 650 today, and what I think I need for the cables ... so later this week you can expect my questions ... lol. OPhone looks sweet though. I was about to get the Treo 600 to upgrade my V710 (that is the crappiest phone I've owned in a long time .. way to many bugs), and notcied the Treo 650, then googled on how to make it work on VZW. Thanks for your hardwaork, hopefully it makes it easy for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by SloMo
    It only took me two tries to get my my T650 activated. I first tried to set up another line but the CSR said my ESN was not in the system and could not activate it. Next I tried an ESN swap with my T600. I told the CSR that my T600 was being fixed and that I had this loaner that I "desparately" needed activated. When I give the CSR the ESN she thought it was an Audiovox so I just went along with it. She said it was not showing up in their system and asked what model it was. I told her it was a CDM9100 (Verizon discontinued model). A few minutes later after she talked to tech support, WAM BAM my T650 was activated. Maybe I just got lucky but IT WORKS! So I guess you just need to keep trying and it is probably easier for them to do an ESN swap rather than a whole new line.

Mo
    Since the CSR thought it was an Audiovox CDM9100 and activated it as such does that mean you will be able to browse the web and only use your minutes without incurring any data charges?
    Well, I joined the ranks as well today, thanks to the efforts of kalex. This is awesome. Funny thing is, when I registered my ESN with Verizon, it came up as a Kyocera 7135. So I just yes'ed them to death and now everything works GREAT!
    First of all...thanks mines and the rest of you members and staff at TC for this site and this thread. One of the best and frindly forums experinced.

I just made my first call on my Verizonized Treo 650!

The whole process was a blast. It took me a week or so to get the cables, Treo, and such. About an hour to learn how to solder and make the serial/usb cable. And about an hour to re-program the phone.

Called Verizon CS this morning and learned the following. Call CS, enter phone number, option zero (0), then option three (3). When the CSA comes on the line, asked them to activate an ESN for you. I tried to sound assured but a little ignorant to this whole ESN programming thing. She asked if it was an Audiovox and I said "yes", she asked me what model and I had no clue so I said that I did not know and that I had bought it on eBay because I did not like my other phone. I then told her it was a Treo and she said that there did not appear to be an Audiovox Treo in her system (she personally did not know the difference between a Audiovox and a Baby Bell Princes Phone). She would not be able to activate it unless it was in the system. I told her to pick and Audiovox but that was not going to fly either.

Anyway, I told here I would find out and call back. I searched this thread and found a reply from SloMo (Thanks SloMo). I called back, same steps, she asked for the ESN (I gave her the hex but it does not matter which ESN), she asked me the model, this time, I told her it was a Audiovox CDM9100. To quote mines "BinGo!" We were on our way and about 3 minutes later, I was making calls on my new 650.

Now for BT LAN Access, Splash Screen Changes, removing Sprint Provisioning, WiFi, Hacking Blazer, etc.

Thanks everybody.

P.S. If you are a novice to all of this like me, go for it and feel free to PM me or reply if you need help.