Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I told them my T600 was being repaired and that I wanted to activate an old phone I had lying around the house. Make sure the phone model you tell them is one of their phones and you should not have any problems. Tell the CSR that you would lke to speak to a tech if they cant activate your ESN.
    My LG cable doesn't have a black wire as shown in Mine's pictures. There is one that is a bare wire (no insulation). Is it safe to assume that's the ground?
    Could we lowly sprint users please get someone who has the treo 650 on verizon to read this thread? Thanks!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...t=62094&page=2
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Got my treo 650 activated on verizon. Actually got my phone today and mines sent me the cable. with his instructions took me 20 minutes from the time that i unpacked everything to where i was dialing *228 to update my phone. verizon CS thought it was a samsung i600 phone and i just went along with it . so far everything seems to work fine.
    That is excellent news kalex.
    Please keep us updated on any problems, oddities and issues that may arise as a 650-to-Verizon convert. I will be one in a few days too and I hope that everything is seamless for you and me.
    Kalex is pure evil as he has now gotten me back into the whole debate on whether or not to do this..... http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/smile.gif Here I was thinking... "Nah, I'll wait until Verizon releases it officially. I'm a patient person..."

Yeah, right.... http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...es/biggrin.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by Markito
    jtkirk,
    What did you tell Verizon?
    ~Markito
    Well, I had to make three trips to Verizon dealers. First (a week ago) I went to the local Radio Shack. I talked to them before buying anything, and asked them if they would try to activate a non-Verizon CDMA phone onto my existing account, in place of my current phone. They said 'no problem'. Once I finally got the cable built, bought the phone, and reprogrammed, I went back. They tried to activate the phone onto my account, but said that the computer system wouldn't let them (I think the message on the computer screen said the phone requires a GPS emergency receiver for 911 - I'm pretty sure they didn't have a way to tell the system that the phone actually has that feature).

So then I went to a Verizon store (at the mall in the next town over).

I told them the truth - that I had a non-Verizon CDMA phone I had bought from PalmOne, and used a utility to clear the MSL. They didn't care - they took the phone, activated it on my account, then did something with the phone behind the desk (I assume set the band to cellular instead of PCS).

I dunno if this will work for you or not - the reason I spent an extra $120 and bought from PalmOne (instead of ebay) was because I was afraid something would go wrong. If Verizon hadn't been willing (or able) to activate the phone on my account, I wanted to be able to return it for a refund.
    Wow, I guess sometimes honesty is the best policy...Nah!!!
    Now the question is... How can you remove the Sprint logo without damaging the case.
    No kidding! I agree, I'd love to do that, but I'm sure all we'd do is scratch the heck out of our beautiful 650's. Any ideas? the prototypes said "PalmOne" there. Wish mine did.
  11.    #231  
    Hi guys, I summarized your questionnaires.

1) Why we do ?
    Because we don't know when verizon release Treo 650. If you really love Verizon Network and Treo 650, you can chage Sprint Treo 650 to Verizon.

2) What is different Sprint Version and Verizon Version of Treo 650?
    PalmOne only makes 2 versions of Treo 650. One is GSM Network (Cingula, T-Mobile, and AT&T) and the other is CDMA network (Verizon and Sprint). It means Sprint version and Verizon version are same hardware. Only different is ROM. Actually the version of PalmOS are same, PalmOne just ships changing of default setting of network and application. The major differents are MMS (multi-media messaging system). Due to of different protocol between Verizon and sprint, they can't send or received picture mail and ringtons. So, if you convert sprint phone to verizon, you cannot send picture message or rington.

3) So, Picture Message does not run ?
    No, but you can send a picture mail thru default mail application (Versa Mail).

4) How can I purchase Treo 650 without Sprint plan?
    Directly from palmone.com. Sure, it's expensive.

5) Can I have Verizon Account ?
    Well, I'm not sure, but most people said you do. Because Verizon does not allow to actiave non-verizon phone on their system. However verizon can change esn for existing customer.

6) How I can actiave non-verizon phone?
    Non-Verizon phone must have 000000 MSL key and Verizon PRL. And visit verizon store or call verizon customer center and explain, explain, explain very very very well.

7) What is PRL and MSL ?
    PRL stands for "Preferred Roaming List", and MSL for "Master Subsidy Lock".
    PRL contains channel information for connecting carrier's network. MSL is 6 digits number for preventing to change internet information of phone. Each sprint phone have different MSL codes, but all verizon phones have 000000 MSL key. For changing MSL and PRL, you need Kyocera PST however Kyocera PST requires original MSL code. To read original MSL, BitPim software is required.

8) Can I use express network? Web Browsing?
    Sure, but you must understand verizon's express network plan. There are several plans for using express network.

9) Can I use verizon's wireless sync ?
    Sure. but be careful! without express network plan, you might get thousands bill.

10) Ok, What do I do for Treo 650?

i) Buy Treo 650 without Sprint Plan.
    ii) Make Treo 650 Serial Cable or Buy it.
    iii) You need BitPim software, Kyocera PST and Verizon PRL file.
    iv) Program your Treo 650 (Change PRL and MSL)
    v) Avtivate on Verizon
    Where can I find the Kyocera PST, the last link that had it does not work any more. Can someone help? Thanks Joshua
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Just wondering if anyone has an idea on how to insure our Verizonized T650's? Since Verizon does not support this yet, I'm sure we cannot use their insurance. I tried to insure through Safeware but they told me they do not insure Smartphones (PDA/cellphones). I would like to have this covered just in case but I dont know who will do it? Any ideas?

Mo
    Its great that Express Network works, but what about QNC? Should I follow the instructions for EN and just substitute QNC? Has anyone tried this? Ever since I got my Broadband PC Card I dropped the Express Network off of my phone. I rarely use it to connect to the net anymore, but when I do I just use QNC.

Thanks,

Cool Cat
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    just an update. I followed directions from Mines website and everything that was posted worked out. you don't need any other info to do this. For me i didn't have to go the verizon store do get this activated. verizon did this for me over the phone. i called their support number and chose option 0 then 1 (problems with dialing and roaming) when they picked up i asked them to change ESN and that was it. one thing i noticed is that after you are done programming everything soft reset the phone. i forgot to do it and while on the phone with verizon tech i dialed *228 and got the message from Sprint PCS . so after soft reset, it was fine and i was able to program the phone and then update the PRLs. if anybody wants to do this around NYC area, i'm available to assist and have the cable handy

alex
    A nice offer kalex. Thanks for sharing your personal experiences. And I sure am glad that you mentioned doing the soft reset before calling *228. That will save me some "WTF's".
    ~'kito
    Quote Originally Posted by KTJoshua
    Where can I find the Kyocera PST, the last link that had it does not work any more. Can someone help? Thanks Joshua

Yeah I can't seem to find Kyocera Chameleon PST anywhere???
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Cat
    Its great that Express Network works, but what about QNC? Should I follow the instructions for EN and just substitute QNC? Has anyone tried this? Ever since I got my Broadband PC Card I dropped the Express Network off of my phone. I rarely use it to connect to the net anymore, but when I do I just use QNC.
    Cool Cat,
    Great to see my good friend here. I am just about positive that the Verizon QNC (a.k.a. a data call using talktime minutes) would work beautifully. I will hopefully know by tomorrow (Wednesday) afternoon if I get mine activated. Then I will let you know.

It had better since I too do not have Express Network. I plan to use QNC & Shadowmite's WiFi hack.
    Last edited by Markito; 12/29/2004 at 03:12 AM.
    ~'kito
    Wow! More TC members need to know how you did it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mines
    I called CS and activeted Treo 650 sucessfully.

I test express network and works great. Web Suffing & Mail work fine!
    ...nevermind
    Last edited by MadDog76; 12/29/2004 at 03:11 PM.