Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    I trying to make to cable for Treo 650. but I donīt Khow which cable LG I use USB or Serial?
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I have the software but no space to host it. Has anyone got an FTP server or web server that can host it?
    at least i thought I purchased the phone cable at radio shack same as mines specified, the Tungsten Cable I puchased at CompUSA I bought the Tungsten & Treo Travel Cable the problem I'm having is the end that conects to the pda doen't have prongs where I need them according to mines picture.

Please help me I'm over my head. Do i pitch the cable from compusa and need to buy a new one?

This cable I'm trying to make will it be used only once or will I continue to use this cable?
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGeek
    I have the software but no space to host it. Has anyone got an FTP server or web server that can host it?
    I run a small server off my cablemodem - it's only got a 384kbit/s upstream pipe, so I'd have to do something to restrict access. Perhaps I could host it as a torrent instead, and limit the upstream. Send me a PM and we can talk.
    here's a link for the chamelion pst:
    http://s9.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=9B...52731F00EA7A20

fyi- link was sent to me on 12/20 and says will be good for 7 days. Good luck with the conversion!
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vamba2000
    I trying to make to cable for Treo 650. but I donīt Khow which cable LG I use USB or Serial?
    Use the USB cable as it uses the pinouts that mines described. The serial version may work but I would expect that the pinout would be different.

Just an FYI for people looking for the FutureDial #19 cable. The particular cable that mines describes does not seem to be on the Radio Shack website however my local store did have the #19 cable in stock when I called on the phone.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    So here is a thought.. I am having trouble locating the Tungsten 5 adapter that mines used. Could I use the Hot Sync cable that came with the Treo 650? I mean use the end that connects to the Treo 650 and hook that up to the wires from the FutureDial cable?
    Mines, do you still have one of your custom cables? I am VERY interested.
    Last edited by bbear523; 12/23/2004 at 09:28 PM. Reason: adding info
    Quote Originally Posted by keswick
    here's a link for the chamelion pst:
    http://s9.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=9B...52731F00EA7A20

fyi- link was sent to me on 12/20 and says will be good for 7 days. Good luck with the conversion!
    Sweet! The spliced cable worked great with this version of the PST. They switched my 650 over tonight, voice dialing works like a charm. Network settings and bluetooth aren't quite right yet, but it looks like the hard part is done. Major props to Mines for sharing with the rest of us!

Thanks a ton
    Mines, et al,

Quick question, if I don't sign up for express network for VZW, can I still use web browsing if I have MobileWeb? What is the difference in price and usage?

Mugsy
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Well I got the cable working! I got the MSL and connected to the PST tool. The only thing I need to fins now is A Verizon PRL. Anyone know where I can find one?
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Well...it worked. I was able to get Verizon to use the ESN of the Treo 650. I simply called up and said I had a Sprint Treo 650 that I managed to re-program for Verizon. The ESN did not show a phone model type, but this was expected. After a *228 option #1 programming I was good to go.

Thank you to everyone who shared their experiences with everyone on the board. I will be posting some detailed photos of how I made my cable later this evening. I am a newbie to soldering and I was able to get it to work, so don't be intimidated with the soldering aspect.
    long time looker....current sprint customer, needs to switch to vz badly!...i read all your thread...question, apologize if these are naive but:
    1. should i purchase treo650 from palm or sprint
    2. can i start any plan with verizon and vz phone to get new phone number then switch the treo to 650 (including family share plans?)

thanks for info
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ATHENS001
    1. should i purchase treo650 from palm or sprint
    I bought mine from CompUSA. You have to pay the full price ($599) but not ncesary to sign up with Sprint.

Quote Originally Posted by ATHENS001
    2. can i start any plan with verizon and vz phone to get new phone number then switch the treo to 650 (including family share plans?)
    You may be able to just sign up with Verizon and not purchase a phone. Since you are planning to use a Treo 650 there really would be no point in getting a phone. The thing is though you will still have to sign at least a 1 year contract even if you do not get a phone from them. If you happen to have an old Verizon phone hanging around just bring it in and say you want to use it with your new account.

Good Luck.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Hi All,

Many thanks to all the people in this group who offered their time and energy to myself and others.

In an effort to return the favor I have created a web site that I will update with instructions and photos that detail certain aspects of the conversion to Verizon that I think others might find useful. It is a work in process so please feel free to post suggestions.

The URL is:

http://free.angeltowns.com/derekthegeek/
    I got the same cable from comp and ended up throughing it away. Can you send pictures or some written direction on how you got the cable to work. thanks
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shark3397
    I got the same cable from comp and ended up throughing it away. Can you send pictures or some written direction on how you got the cable to work. thanks
    I will be updating my instructions, with pictures, tomorrow. Sorry so late but we are all over the place this Christmas. I will update everything at..

http://free.angeltowns.com/derekthegeek/
    What are the advantages/disadvantages to using Verizon over Sprint if Sprint has reliable service in my area (south florida)?

Rates, service, better plans, more features, etc?

Thanks,
    Jose
    Quote Originally Posted by jtkirk
    They switched my 650 over tonight
    jtkirk,
    What did you tell Verizon?
    ~Markito
    Quote Originally Posted by josemembreno
    What are the advantages/disadvantages to using Verizon over Sprint if Sprint has reliable service in my area (south florida)?

Rates, service, better plans, more features, etc?

Thanks,
    Jose
    This is truly an individual preference. I am locked into a contract with Vz. Plus, I get better service in my home and office. I also like their "In" calling plan since I have many friends/relatives with vz. It's simply a matter of preference. If you like Sprint, use them.